So the horse beats the stuffed flea bitten canary,

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Re: So the horse beats the stuffed flea bitten canary,

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:32 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:58 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:29 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:57 pm
Get that joke thread kick started again Wolfie! Got a few good ones from the Friday plumbers forum. Some really good clean stuff on there.

My wee cuz, ginger Peter…… (and i mean feckin GINGER!) ….. is from Coventry and a big CCFC fan…… never asked him about that elephant. 🤔
remember going there in 67 for the league decider and was locked out, the ground held around 30k and 51k got in that day. saw the last 10 mins when the gates were opened, wish i hadn't as we lost 1-3 :( https://www.facebook.com/TheSkyBlues/ph ... 41/?type=3
Ol Wurzel Hill was there boss.
Ah yes......, pre-health & safety. :lol:
I Found my match day programme to that game today, 56yrs old, :shock: Price 6p,

in the programme it writes for their next away game travel.
The Sky Blue special
The special will run, for the last time this season, to the game at Ipswich on Sat 6th May.
depart Coventry 10am Arrive Ipswich 1.35pm.
Fares Adults 27/6
Juveniles, ..18/-
Child.........14/-

oh for those prices today. if my memory is right that's £1-7s-6d for an Adult. I was earning around a £5 to £6 a week for 5 and half days
so perhaps not so cheap.
League Positions.
Wolves............pl 39...pts..56.
Coventry..........pl. 39..pts..54.
Blackburn R......pl..40..pts..49.
Ipswich Town....pl..40..pts..47.