Hospitality experience

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Hospitality experience

Post by shabba » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:19 pm

Hi all,

It's my dad's 70th soon - he is a lifelong fan, was going every week back in the golden era and took me as a kid, we try and get up to a handful of games a season. As a special thing I looked into doing the hosptiality option, talked it through with the club as they offer different packages and decided to go the whole hog and do one of the three the 'match sponser' options. If you have a program you'll see his name (Trevor) on the back page.

I was keen as I know John Wark does the hosting in the restaurant and he is my dads all time favorite player.

You get car parking at the multi-story on Constaintine road, arrive for 12:30 meal. As we came upto the entrace to the Robson suite I saw the pitch and walked over for a little look, it was right in the corner where the players tunnel is, so was amazing to see/feel the view the players get an imagine what that's like for them, a lovely steward took a nice photo of us by the tunnel.
Then John Wark comes walking along, stopped for a chat, tells a story etc and has a pic with my dad, he was chuffed!

We went up for the meal, as a match sponser you get a table right by the prenstation area so we felt right in the thick of it, the was a lovely guy Roger doing the toast-master role and John was walking round chatting to people, then reads the team out in front of us etc.
2 course Meal was nice, excellent service, goodie bag, match quiz etc - All a really nice experience.

Took our seats outside the suite, you get a padded seat but its otherwise pretty much the same. John was sat right in front of my dad so he was again thrilled by this and had interactions with him during the game, often turning to me to say 'is this really happening!'. He also looked up before the match and said 'my names on the scoreboard!' - again that was a nice touch you get and was just something he happend to see.

Great to see the team do well, never seen us that clinical, didnt think we were amazing but we were ruthless today, and nice to get a goal down 'our end' too.

Half time you get sausage rolls, then at full time you get cake :), so it felt a nice overall experience. As a the home shirt sponsor we then had a presenation of a home shirt signed by all the players, presented by man of the match Massimo Luongo, so that was really cool and my dad will frame that to display.

Honestly it was an epic day, hope this doesnt come across in the wrong way, I felt blessed to be able to do that for my dad and it will be a special memory for us, I'm very aware you never know what's around the corner -espeically with elderly parents.

I'd throughly recomended this as a special thing to do, amazing day and well worth it. Managed to not tell him until we arrived so he was quite taken back.

Not sure I can easily attach pics as I don't have any hosted online, but got some nice pics from the day.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on it and would really recomend it.

Cabanas Blue

Re: Hospitality experience

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:43 pm

That's sounds like a wonderful experience for both of you and a very nice thing to do for your dad 👏👏, plus we won and scored 4 goals 😂😂.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:51 pm

Loved reading that summary of your fabulous day Shabba and great that the boys produced a memorable result for you both.

Only downside for me I’ve never classed myself as elderly but your dad is two years younger. 🤣☹️😯

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:11 am

Glad you both had a fantastic experience. Hope the parking was ok! For some reason it took us ages to get off the car park yesterday and didn’t get back to Clacton until 6.45. Good job we won otherwise I would have been in a bad mood. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:17 am

Great read of a fantastic day, so pleased you and your Dad got a fab result to top off your special day.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:30 am

Nice Shabba. Very good that it all remained under wraps until the day. Even better. 👍👌

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Sounds brilliant, so glad it went well.
I have heard people say the food isn't always great - I think it's the problem of feeding a large number simultaneously. But sounds like yours was good.
It's my 70th this December if anyone wants to suggest this to my sons.......

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:55 pm

That must have been some epic day. You got everything you wished for by way of a comprehensive victory and the team playing to near full effect. It's an honor to meet and engage with past greats like Johnny Wark, something not all fans can have the privilege and talk of. A jersey signed by the team, food and guess complimentary beverages part of the deal, say again sounds like a real fun experience to take away.

It should be possible to attach pictures, the website seems able to accommodate but think it depends on what device they were taken from. Not all up on technology aspects, its a minefield of those of a certain age but with some assistance your end it may just be possible to include it.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:06 am

Just a thought, with Shabba’s post whetting my appetite would anyone be interested in having a TB.Com Hospitality Match Day experience. I’m not sure of the numbers required of the cost although K believe you guys who hold season tickets an upgrade do you don’t end up paying twice and for the rest of us the price would be the price.

I guess we’d need about 8 to make it viable but I’m more than happy to explore if we have enough takers. Anyone interested ?

I’m more than happy for Shabba to choose the fixture if he can organise a 4-0 win 👍

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:37 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:06 am
Just a thought, with Shabba’s post whetting my appetite would anyone be interested in having a TB.Com Hospitality Match Day experience. I’m not sure of the numbers required of the cost although K believe you guys who hold season tickets an upgrade do you don’t end up paying twice and for the rest of us the price would be the price.

I guess we’d need about 8 to make it viable but I’m more than happy to explore if we have enough takers. Anyone interested ?

I’m more than happy for Shabba to choose the fixture if he can organise a 4-0 win 👍
I think when my son went recently, the cost was about £1100 for 10 of them, but I could be wrong. I think a significant number were already season ticket holders.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:06 am

Whilst I love food and drink as well as footy, I love my season tickets and they are far better seats than I have had in any of the hospitality outlets so if I am honest, whilst I am very happy to have a TB meet in a pub for a few beers before/after, I would rather a burger and my own seat than pay a lot for lesser seats...? I have 4 seats and often have a spare one or two as daughters/son in laws etc often can't make it so if you are in town, you would be welcome to join me 👍 if others prefer a hospitality option then I would come but its not my fave choice...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:27 pm

I'm with you Wilf, never been keen on these hospitality packages or footy behind glass, I love my seat in the Sir Bobby Robson lower with all the noise and atmosphere, but would deffo be up for a pub get together before a game, done loads of those with fans off here already.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:15 pm

If we get promoted I’d certainly consider a visit to Suffolk next year. I’m overdue to visit my mum anyway. So a hospitality suite would be much welcomed, although a few pints with Bluemike & Charnwood before the match would be brilliant!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:45 am

Was at hospitality only one time at Easter Road, (was a British Gas thing) ….. wasn’t a big game like v Hearts or Glasgow…… was v Motherwell.
The team won 2-0, and seeing “The East” bounce through the window ——->> I knew i’d never go to hospitality ever again. The food, drink & chat is not greater than the bounce.
But i realise it is certainly tailor-made for creating good memories, win or lose really. Family important, football just the sideshow.

One thing re hospitality though, if going with a group of people. There will be a few of those people there FOR the food n drink…… and want to “chat” through the football. That is you NEIL! Sort of missed the build up to that first goal v ‘well because Neil was “talking shop”. 🤦‍♂️
“Said to the woman, if you go for the 30KW boiler, then the extra radiators………”
GOOOOAAAALLL!
“Neil. Can you shove yer rads and kilowatts stories until half time, mate.”

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 am

Sounds like a good day out for your dad and yourself Shabba, reminds me bit like a 'meet and greet' at music venues in a way, meet your idols, glad you both had a great time and certainly something that I would really enjoy too.

I always wanted to do something a long those sort of lines for my dad but sadly time was against us, it certainly is something that you will both cherish forever, if you can create moments like that for people you love do it now.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Sorry replying to all here:

Charmwood - sorry if that made you feel old, my dad hgas some health issues so I likely see him as older than he is. You seem a spritely 72 :)

Shed - the car park was fine - a minor faff with the disabled spaces but no big issue, entrace was a bit tight but good once inside. We left 6ish and got out quickly.

AndyM - food was fairly good, as you say its hard to mass cater for some many but they did a great job with dietry requirements etc, and all the staff were lovely.
Definetley drop some hints at your sons, it really wasn't expensive when you add up all you get. (£340 for 2, inc tickets, meal, snacks, 2 drinks + bottle of wine, signed shirt, program, goodie bag etc).

Arana - pics need to be hosted online first, then you can link then, no worries though.

Dazza - well said.