Edmundson &John-Jules out for the season …

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Edmundson &John-Jules out for the season …

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:03 pm

I’ll be honest and say I looked at the date of this article Cuz I thought it was recycled old news! But no, it’s current news.

Didn’t Edmundson do his ankle earlier in the season and was out for a while because of it? As for JJ I never understood why we didn’t send him back to Arsenal when he got the hamstring tear. This particular injury has a very high rate of re injury or additional injuries occurring during rehabilitation. So for life of me I can’t under Why we didn’t get someone else in on loan, unless we’re intending to try and sign him in the summer?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23393378.i ... es-season/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Edmundson &John-Jules out for the season …

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:22 pm

We did send TJJ back to Arsenal, he's only just returned supposedly nearing fitness ? Guess he's had a relapse, frankly neither of them are a major loss and if we do go up I'd suggest they've played their last games for Town

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:19 am

I’m sure TJJs return was just part of a gentleman’s agreement with Arsenal. I’m sure Arsenal are questioning the release of H Clarke though…they’ve just lost 2 defenders in the Sporting loss.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:44 am

Even with two injuries Arsenal still have at least 7 defenders ahead of Harry Clarke sitting in the wings and Saliba I see is quoted as having a 75% chance of playing on Sunday so probably just tweaked a muscle.

The strangest defender transfer decision involving Arsenal this season is what on earth possessed Manchester City to sell Oleksandr Zinchenko to a promotion rival. It’s not even as if they needed the £30m profit they banked.