Another big plus from today ….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Another big plus from today ….

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Morsy can’t get banned now …, 👍

Shed on tour

Re: Another big plus from today ….

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 pm

He can if he gets a red card! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 pm

Lol, true , but I don’t think he will.

Do you know, I think having Luongo alongside him has freed Morsy up from some of his captains responsibilities ( he’s not trying to do everyone’s role in the team) in games, and it’s also allowing him to forge further up field and be so influential in our attacks, and he appears far less volatile but absolutely on his game 100%. His presence in todays game was phenomenal and fully controlled. I can see Evans having a bit of problem getting back in the team, if Luongo stays next season, which I can see him (and Hirst), both doing.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Have to say I’ve been really impressed with Morsy and the way he has made sure he has not picked up any silly bookings during this period when he has been so close to a ban. It hasn’t affected his overall game and has showed he can be a even better player for it. Long may it continue.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:58 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm
Have to say I’ve been really impressed with Morsy and the way he has made sure he has not picked up any silly bookings during this period when he has been so close to a ban. It hasn’t affected his overall game and has showed he can be a even better player for it. Long may it continue.
Yes, maybe he listened to the fan that verbally kicked his arse at Bristol Rovers. Was it you, shed?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:58 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm
Yes, maybe he listened to the fan that verbally kicked his arse at Bristol Rovers. Was it you, shed?
I was at the game but it wasn’t me. Tbh after watching that performance I just wanted to get out of the ground as soon as possible and not stand there after the final whistle arguing with players.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 pm

Do you know, I think having Luongo alongside him has freed Morsy up from some of his captains responsibilities ( he’s not trying to do everyone’s role in the team) in games, and it’s also allowing him to forge further up field and be so influential in our attacks, and he appears far less volatile but absolutely on his game 100%. His presence in todays game was phenomenal and fully controlled. I can see Evans having a bit of problem getting back in the team, if Luongo stays next season, which I can see him (and Hirst), both doing.
As always with anything Hallam says - FULLY AGREE.

They are some Combo these two - and really give us a solid midfield. Can only imagine the place we be in now if we’d had all these Jan signings from the start of the season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:42 pm

Ha ha ….. That £10 er is in the post shabba 👍 :wink:

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:43 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:34 pm

Reckon both Luongo and Hirst will be hoping for Championship football next season though so let's hope they can do that with Town.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 am

Thing is you could apply that to the majority of our first team , yet they’ve all signed for Town. I realise there’s every chance Hirst / Luongo will want higher level football,(who knows it may well be with us!), but they are both getting games here and are very happy at this club, when neither were getting a look in at the Championship clubs they were with. Every player wants to play. I reckon they’d stay, but we’ll see.

Spooky , Luongo’s post match interview reveals all lol!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... nute-of-it

Ps in Sept he’ll be 31yrs old so hopefully not so much of a target for championship clubs 🤞

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Happy to extend his stay, very good news indeed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:39 pm

We’re being linked with Pompey’s Colby Bishop!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ker-bishop

Interesting that their manager hinted that Pigott could be with them next season …. Deal including him partially done with Bishop coming to us ( god knows why they’d do that mind !)?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:12 pm

I think Morsy and Luongo are currently one of the best partnerships we have in the Town team and hopefully they will both see the season out side by side avoiding injury or suspension. If they can it certainly makes us a stronger more threatening unit. No disrespect intended towards Cameron Humphrey’s who did so well given his age and inexperience but Morsy and Luongo are in a different league.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:20 pm

I agree with you guys, Massimo is defintely a positive impact to our midfield, I would like to see the lad get a further extension to his current contract.

If we do go up or stay in this League he has proved is is very capable.

With Ball getting fitter and Evans on the mend this provides us with really good options in the centre of the field, young Humphreys may struggle to get a look in.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:12 pm
I think Morsy and Luongo are currently one of the best partnerships we have in the Town team and hopefully they will both see the season out side by side avoiding injury or suspension. If they can it certainly makes us a stronger more threatening unit. No disrespect intended towards Cameron Humphrey’s who did so well given his age and inexperience but Morsy and Luongo are in a different league.
Agreed, the last 2 or 3 times Humphreys played he looked a little lost and fragile at times to be honest, that is not having a go at him by any means, he's a little star in the making but a bit too much too soon me thinks. With Evans returning in the coming weeks and Ball now fit, plus Camara probably here next season I can see Humphreys having a season out on loan, especially if Luongo does sign an extension.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:24 pm

It really is nice to see the January transfers fitting in so well. I know many of us have said it numerous times, but we really are lucky to have Mr Ashton running the club. KM's input not withstanding I'm sure, but it's very satisfying to see MA make those acquisitions happen...finding round pegs for round holes.

COYB!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:48 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:24 pm
It really is nice to see the January transfers fitting in so well. I know many of us have said it numerous times, but we really are lucky to have Mr Ashton running the club. KM's input not withstanding I'm sure, but it's very satisfying to see MA make those acquisitions happen...finding round pegs for round holes.

COYB!!!
Instead of finding massive wages for A-Holes.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:48 pm
number 9 wrote:

COYB!!!
Yep, we've had our share of those types...

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:26 pm

Talking of big plusses, if Acrrington can beat Plymouth and Barnsley/Sheffield Wed's draw or if Wed's win that would be a couple if big plusses!!

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:13 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:16 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:48 pm
number 9 wrote:

COYB!!!
Yep, we've had our share of those types...
I'd like to nominate Chopra as Exhibit 1.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:12 am

Closely followed by Paul Taylor

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm

It’s hard to say who’s top of the list out of those two tbh . One was mentally ill and gambled , the other just a street thug ( where is he now anyway ?)

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:17 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm
It’s hard to say who’s top of the list out of those two tbh . One was mentally ill and gambled , the other just a street thug ( where is he now anyway ?)
Congleton Town.

His career chart for 'Market Value Over Time' does illustrate the Evans era quite well.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul-ta ... ler/135186