League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Right time to play Derby?

Derby Win
10%
Ipswich Win
62%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 21

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: League 1 - Derby FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:54 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:36 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:16 pm
Just watched the disallowed goal half a dozen times and can’t see any reason why it was ruled out, we were so lucky and makes up for one of the bad decisions against us earlier in the season.
Mcgoldrick offside and interfering with play.
I’ve watched the replay at least half a dozen times and imo there was no offside. According to Derby manager Paul Warne. “the fourth official told him there was a foul on the goalkeeper and we watched it back - there isn't a foul on the goalkeeper”. People will see that themselves and that is a massive decision. An official has apparently apologised going up the tunnel but these are monumental decisions.

To be honest it looked soft and if it was given against us we’d be going crazy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:01 pm

We are only owed about Ten more now then.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:01 pm
We are only owed about Ten more now then.
One a game for the rest of the season will do for me 🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:26 pm

Same here lol

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:31 pm

Must admit I was surprised when the goal was disallowed but then as has been said there have been plenty of decisions go against us this season. Yet again the ref was poor yesterday and some of his decisions were baffling to say the least. There was one incident in the 1st half where we were trying to counter-attack and Broadhead was virtually wrestled to the ground by the Derby player. The ref played advantage and every Town fan was expecting him to book the player when play eventually stopped. But no, he went over to the player and just pointed at him not to do it again.
In the 2nd half Chaplin went down in the Derby penalty area and the ref indicated it was a dive which again if that was the case should have been a booking for simulation. The standard of refereeing in this league is really poor.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 pm

I think the standard of refereeing is as good a reason as any for needing to get the hell out of this division. It really does stand out and if anything appears to be getting worse not better.

Maybe it would be an improvement if each division had dedicated referees rather than use them across three divisions as they do currently and use the most experienced for the bigger games with the largest crowds who can influence and intimidate them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:41 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:44 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:50 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:16 pm
7 straight wins for town and no wins in 5 for Wednesday. Who would have expected that, and another clean sheet too.
I was quietly expecting this all along… x
:lol: :lol: :lol: : Not. 🫣
Lol :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:18 pm

We had so many excellent performances on the pitch yesterday any one of about half a dozen players could easily have been MOTM and if would have been hard to argue against but does anyone know who was actually awarded it ?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:50 pm

EADT didn't provide one standout name. Had a whole load of players on an 8 score out of 10 but no clear decision on who should merit the award.

Don't view TWTD much now but sure they don't provide over there who gets a MOTM award for each or any game we play. Going by reviews from yesterday I'd pick maybe Walton. Made at least one outstanding stop and other saves of importance and hasn't conceded for like six or seven games now. Guess that must amount to something.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:06 am

I may be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere it was Wes Burns.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:41 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:50 pm
EADT didn't provide one standout name. Had a whole load of players on an 8 score out of 10 but no clear decision on who should merit the award.

Don't view TWTD much now but sure they don't provide over there who gets a MOTM award for each or any game we play. Going by reviews from yesterday I'd pick maybe Walton. Made at least one outstanding stop and other saves of importance and hasn't conceded for like six or seven games now. Guess that must amount to something.
TWTD does a vote-in every game. Burns got it with 8.2. See the fixtures tab... it lists their MOTM with the results, etc every game. Id give it to Burns, too.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:48 am

Burns or Morsy . The latter is phenomenal as his standards are 8/9 every game. He is EVERYWHERE on that pitch and he and Luongo are a phenomenal midfield partnership.

Here’s where Tang said you can find MOTM…
Players name is next to the score for every game. Burns was MOTM v Derby…

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-fixtures/

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:29 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:54 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:16 pm
Just watched the disallowed goal half a dozen times and can’t see any reason why it was ruled out, we were so lucky and makes up for one of the bad decisions against us earlier in the season.
I’ve watched the replay at least half a dozen times and imo there was no offside. According to Derby manager Paul Warne. “the fourth official told him there was a foul on the goalkeeper and we watched it back - there isn't a foul on the goalkeeper”. People will see that themselves and that is a massive decision. An official has apparently apologised going up the tunnel but these are monumental decisions.

Charners their number 15 pushed our number 15 Burgess in the back, and Mcgoldrick was in an off-side position when the ball was flicked on by Cashin down to McGoldrick standing at the far post on his own so defo offside linesman was correct in giving the ref his decision :)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:34 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:29 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:54 pm
mendipblue wrote:

Charners their number 15 pushed our number 15 Burgess in the back, and Mcgoldrick was in an off-side position when the ball was flicked on by Cashin down to McGoldrick standing at the far post on his own so defo offside linesman was correct in giving the ref his decision :)
That’s not the reason it was disallowed Ash. The officials have confirmed the goal was disallowed for a foul on goalkeeper Christian Walton.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:06 am
I may be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere it was Wes Burns.
Burns was definitely my MOTM but there were clearly a number of very good performances.