Championship Play Off Race !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Championship Play Off Race !

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 am

Kenilworth Road is an absolute abhorrent place, I cannot believe when you go in the Oak Stand and fine yourself going up some rickety old metal steps which is akin to a fire escape only to find you are actually pretty much in peoples gardens, never mind the Premier League I have no idea how this passes health & safety etc.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:44 pm

Will they be allowed to host PL games if its not up to H&S standards?
Forced to ground share maybe with another London club until its passable?
Or are there a summers worth of upgrades happening?

Not expecting a response to any of those questions…….. its Luton, and no one G’sAF! 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun May 28, 2023 1:11 pm

First time I went to Kenilworth Road was in 1974, Town won 4-1. The last time I went I’m sure it hadn’t improved. Certainly some of those Premiership fans are in for a surprise when they visit. Talking of grounds which you might say are not up to certain standards, when I went to FK Sartid for the 2nd leg UEFA Cup tie the ground was just like a building site and the mens toilet was just a hole dug in the dirt. How the hell it passed UEFA regulations god knows. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:26 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:11 pm
Talking of grounds which you might say are not up to certain standards, when I went to FK Sartid for the 2nd leg UEFA Cup tie the ground was just like a building site and the mens toilet was just a hole dug in the dirt. How the hell it passed UEFA regulations god knows. :lol:
Jeezo, :shock: Certainly does make you wonder.

I know cup games are different and maybe Mike can relate being a bit of a Loon……. But Glebe Park in Brechin? Thousand Hibs fans camouflaged in a hedge basically.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 28, 2023 4:16 pm

I reckon Glebe Park is a Palace compared to Cliftonhill or Central Park Marko.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 28, 2023 7:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 am
Kenilworth Road is an absolute abhorrent place, I cannot believe when you go in the Oak Stand and fine yourself going up some rickety old metal steps which is akin to a fire escape only to find you are actually pretty much in peoples gardens, never mind the Premier League I have no idea how this passes health & safety etc.
The Oak Road end (presumably what they now call the Oak Stand) was the equivalent of the North Stand when I lived there, where all the singing home fans went. No idea when the changed it to the away end, i left Luton in 1972. Haven’t been to Kenilworth Road since. In fact only been back to Luton once (apart from the airport); to stay with a mate while I went to see the Who at Wembley, I guess about 1976.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun May 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Now the dust has settled and we can look at the make up of the Championship for next season, it is mouth watering. There are some huge sides in there - with us amongst them. I can't bloody wait to see who we sign and pit Kieran against them. We will find out just how good he and we all are at this level. Its going to be a fun ride... enjoy the summer and COYB's!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 28, 2023 10:15 pm

I bet McKenna has an in-depth analysis of every team already :lol: