Players to be released or sold or Keep

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

Re: Players to be released or sold or Keep

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:16 pm

Just thought I'd resurrect this post mainly in praise of Gassan Ahadme.
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24269434.i ... ge-united/

While surely he was never quite right for ITFC, he has had a decent season in a relatively poor Cambridge United side, so much so that Radio Cambridgeshire chose him as their POTS. He certainly has done his stocks no harm unlike the very disappointing loan periods of Camara and Ladapo, the latter someone you'd have expected to have found his scoring boots again in L1.

The decision to let him go out on loan, which brought a lot of discussion on here (mainly because we were seen as very light in attack at the time), has in hindsight proven to be absolutely correct! Freddie just would not have done it had he stayed here. He didn't look interested enough, regardless of how people feel he may have been treated.
Surely all 3 of the above will never don an Ipswich shirt again, but as the murky waters of this season become clearer it'd be interesting to see who will make the cut for 24/25 season.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm

Cool :)

Hugely depends what league we are in as to who we aim to keep.

If we go up I think we need 8 signings. If we don't then we probably need 4 or so, depending if anyone leaves as I think Davis will go and we could re-invest that money across the squad.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm

If we go up I reckon we'll need 18 signings lol