Ashton interview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Cabanas Blue

Ashton interview

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue May 02, 2023 7:21 pm

Mauswara

Re: Ashton interview

Post by Mauswara » Thu May 04, 2023 12:09 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:21 pm
https://twitter.com/IpswichTown/status/ ... erview%2F0

Exiting times ahead.
Good one, thanks.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:47 am

Yep, good clip there, and he is obviously well up for the challenge. To say Portman Road needs to be bigger is a huge statement of intent, ie, that team needs to carry on producing the goods.

A vast majority of fans come out in droves in amongst the successful times ….. but….. after 4 defeats in a row, they’re off down B&Q buying DIY stuff on a Saturday. The ground could do with extending slightly, but ——>> keep winning! No one (or player) likes a massive echoey stadium.

He obviously thrives on pressure, (which is great) and the challenge ahead looks like its bread & butter to the guy.

Edit just to add: His first big challenge could be keeping KMcK in the building. Everyone praying for the perfect start in 23/24……. But as “Manager Sacking Season” starts nearer Christmas, the vultures could be circling. That could be the biggest challenge ahead of all the other stuff.

Exciting times…….. and about time.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 04, 2023 7:23 am

Marko, totally agree with you regarding the stadium. As we all know things can change very quickly in football and although at this moment in time we are all caught up in the euphoria of getting promoted we do need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Fortunately, I believe we have owners and a CEO who will do that.
Already, I have seen some fans saying we could do a double promotion and find ourselves in the Premiership come the end of next season. I would be quite happy if we consolidate our position in the Championship next year and then push on from there. As has been said by the owners on several occasions, this is a project.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:16 am

Crazy question if anyone can help…….. in the heading for that MAshton interview it says I(P)SWICH.

Why is the name written like that?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu May 04, 2023 8:30 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:16 am
Crazy question if anyone can help…….. in the heading for that MAshton interview it says I(P)SWICH.

Weird, hey Marko. I await the explanation with interest.

As for the interview, loved it. You can just feel the energy and passion that Mark Ashton has for the club.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 04, 2023 6:36 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:30 am
marko69 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:16 am

Weird, hey Marko. I await the explanation with interest.

As for the interview, loved it. You can just feel the energy and passion that Mark Ashton has for the club.
I guess it stands for promoted. ie in a league table Ipswich Town (P)