Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by shabba » Mon May 22, 2023 7:26 am

This I could see happening, we were linked to him in the past, they have been relegated and he had one year left on his contract.

The fee is high though, 4m for someone with only a year contract!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 22, 2023 8:24 am

Blackpool fans are quoting 6, 8, 10 Million lol, delusional.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 22, 2023 10:26 am

Not sure id want him tbh ….

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:03 pm

Noooo thanks..hes only a fox in the box....if we are after someone. He needs to be a step up from chappy ladapo broadhead burns.. and they are good..

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue May 23, 2023 2:53 pm

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 am

We’re being linked with a Newcastle striker who’s in loan to Hearts and scored the equaliser vs Rangers the other day. Don’t know his name .

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri May 26, 2023 11:19 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 am
We’re being linked with a Newcastle striker who’s in loan to Hearts and scored the equaliser vs Rangers the other day. Don’t know his name .
Garang Koul. Although he scored against Rangers he has struggled to get into the Hearts side since being there on loan. Think he played in the World Cup for Australia. At 18 years of age I would hope we would be looking for somebody with more experience to bring in.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 26, 2023 11:41 am

Not a patch on the guy Yates from Blackpool and I'm not overly sure about him either.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm

See JCH has been transfer listed, unsure if we would go for him or somebody of a higher calibre.....

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23549901.j ... gh-united/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 26, 2023 2:23 pm

I'm really not sure about him tbh, seen him a few times, twice live this season and just not impressed at all and yet he scored all those goals which suggests I'm wrong, I just see his all round game as being League One.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 26, 2023 3:00 pm

I’ll be honest with you Mike , I think he and Ladapo are similar types of player. I’m not sure either of them will have enough in the locker for the Championship. We’ll see as the season goes I suppose.Freddie is a classic fox in the box type of player to me but doesn’t come across as particularly quick or mobile. If he gets the service in the 18yard area and can get a shot off (will he get much time against better defenders I’m not sure),but if he can then hopefully he can get double figures for us 🤞…. It’s a step up for many players, and the fact McK hasn’t seen fit to dump them means he must have confidence in this squad. I don’t think it’s down to “loyalty”, there’s no room for sentiment is there.

With regards to C- H, he was joint golden boot winner with Chaplin so surely would be a good player to get in ( Ahdame leaving?) ….. would we expect Chaplin to struggle next season? So surely C-H would be viewed in same mould?

Edited: eg I would not be expecting Chappers to struggle , and since he snd C-H shared the hinder boot award m, I’d not expect him to struggle either ….
Last edited by hallamblue on Fri May 26, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 26, 2023 5:25 pm

The only thing in Ladapo's defence is he has scored goals in the championship before, I'm assuming JCH has too but its his all round game and indeed his demeanour that bothers me and I'm not convinced he'd fit in here tbh. What makes you think Chaplin will struggle ? He may not get close to Thirty again but I'm hoping for a very good season from him again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 26, 2023 6:32 pm

Lol I got the we and the would in the wrong order. :lol:

It should have read..,,” would we” expect Chaplin to struggle? …. No I don’t think he would struggle.

Do you know what Freddie’s championship goals tally was ? I thought Rotherham offloaded him when they got promoted..,,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 26, 2023 6:38 pm

Oh ok lol, no he didn't score loads but his one stint in it he scored a few. I think a striker we aren't even considering will arrive tbh, aside from Ladapo we don't have anymore out and out strikers, Jackson is more wide, Ahadme will go, Hirst has gone so we need a couple more.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat May 27, 2023 4:32 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:32 pm
Lol I got the we and the would in the wrong order. :lol:

It should have read..,,” would we” expect Chaplin to struggle? …. No I don’t think he would struggle.

Do you know what Freddie’s championship goals tally was ? I thought Rotherham offloaded him when they got promoted..,,
Freddie scored 9 in 43 games but I believe he is a much better player now.

ijjysmith

Post by ijjysmith » Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:57 am
Tom Davies is a very good player but I would suggest zero chance of him ending up in the Championship, unless of course he stays with Everton
As the forums resident Evertonian (only just recovered from Sunday) I can tell you Tom Davies is absolutely woeful.

Wouldn’t wish him on your guys at all.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 30, 2023 8:20 pm

ijjysmith wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tom Davies is a very good player but I would suggest zero chance of him ending up in the Championship, unless of course he stays with Everton
As the forums resident Evertonian (only just recovered from Sunday) I can tell you Tom Davies is absolutely woeful.

Oh wow, that’s a good insight - I’ve only seem him every so often so you’ll know better than me.

I also spoke to the Blackpool fan in the family today re Yates. He said he has a decent amount left on his contract but is courted by many clubs as he is their best player, very hard working and sounded like a KM striker who would fit our system.

ijjysmith

Post by ijjysmith » Tue May 30, 2023 8:42 pm

shabba wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:20 pm
ijjysmith wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Oh wow, that’s a good insight - I’ve only seem him every so often so you’ll know better than me.

I also spoke to the Blackpool fan in the family today re Yates. He said he has a decent amount left on his contract but is courted by many clubs as he is their best player, very hard working and sounded like a KM striker who would fit our system.
There was a rumour round here that he’d already signed a deal with the yellow sh*te. Which would be hilarious as he’s honestly absolutely sh*te.

He’s a good skateboarder though. So that’s nice.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 31, 2023 10:14 pm

@Iljysmith I followed the team (wouldn't be fair to suggest since you were in short pants as don't know some ages around here) back from the time of Gordon Lee and players like McKenzie, King, Latchford etc. Kind of winded down after recent years due to personal reasons but any allegiance was always evident.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:07 am

“ Andy is our King” Everton fans used to sing. I’ve seen that player HEADER a goal at Portman Road . He was diving to header it and was horizontal to, and just 1 foot off the ground!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:16 am

There has been much interest recently for an in-demand striker playing for Blackpool and half a dozen clubs have already been monitoring the situation. One of them has just been promoted to the Premier League, so if Luton still wants him, they would be hot favourites to get his signature. Jerry Yates is his name, and the Hatters have 187,000 million to spend due to their rise to the elite league, so it would be a drop in the ocean if their interest in him remained. The transfer window does not open yet so there is lots of thinking time for all the clubs involved before they commit to anything.

If the Luton deal does not materialize, then there are several other clubs showing serious interest, and this includes Ipswich Town, Coventry City, Bristol City, West Brom and apparently Derby County too. Still, as things stand, only one club has made a solid offer and that was well below The Seasider’s current estimation of 4 million pounds.

The club in question is believed to be Ipswich Town, but an insider at the club has informed me that CEO Mark Ashton has indicated that they would not be held hostage at the negotiation table, and they would not exceed a financial ceiling of 3.2 million for the player. This seems reasonable but there is another way a deal could get over the line which might satisfy all parties, and it would include a player and cash exchange.

The forward that apparently tickles Blackpool’s fancy is Kayden Jackson, and their scouts have watched him closely for some time. If he was to go in the other direction for a player-plus-cash deal Town could get Yates for just over half the original asking price. It must be a tempting proposition, but would Jackson want to head to Blackpool and go backwards at the prime of his football life? Conversely, would he be content being a squad member in the Championship but rarely featuring in the first team? There are more questions than answers right now, but clarity should prevail in the next few days when Blackpool boss Neil Critchley has a few words in Yates’s ear.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:23 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 pm

Interesting that he shuts it down completely

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 pm

Yes it is. “ info” coming out of PR these days is at a premium …. Guess we’ll just have to wait until the announcement is made …. Annoying innit!! :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:21 am

We need a player like Hirst, imposing and annoying, I think that's what McKenna wants. Yates while a decent player is more like Chaplin and Broadhead in the way he plays, and I prefer Chaplin and Broadhead, so he'd be an expensive player to be backup and rotate with them perhaps, but not the CF I think we want.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 pm

TWTD understands Wycombe Wanderers, Aberdeen and Plymouth Argyle have joined Derby County and Watford in showing interest in Blues midfielder Idris El Mizouni following his impressive loan spell at Leyton Orient.

A month ago, TWTD revealed that the Rams and the Hornets are keen on the 22-year-old, who helped the O’s - who also retain an interest - to the League Two title during his season-long loan spell.

Now, we understand the Chairboys, Dons and Pilgrims have joined the chase.

It looks like he will be on his way, more on TWTD

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:38 pm

That's one that will definitely be moving on xxx

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:24 pm

Think I’d be inclined to keep him and develop him further and offload Ball.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:27 am

Nah not for me, he's not good enough in my opinion.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:24 am

Wish it were possible to bring in Furuhashi from the SPL. Scored earlier today as Celtic won a treble achievement - again - and got now well over thirty (30) goals for this season. While any challenge in Scotland is really no challenge, thought maybe a move to the Second League of English 'football' would be interesting, offer more of a challenge. A player like that seems wasted in the SPL some would argue.

Moving west of the City you could bring in Tavernier from Rangers also, credit where it's due he's a regular scorer and someone that can contribute. Bradshaw at Millwall was, or is, a player that catches the eye. Finds goal often and seeing as Lions messed up a promotion opportunity, would the player try a season elsewhere, would the South London team be willing to sell or listen to offers.

It's all hypothetical but I'd sell on say Jackson, Ahadme and Pigott when the latter returns from loan out, John Jules has to return at some stage or another, wasn't really sold on the player but point being we move on the players in question and bring in the three names first suggested. Just a course of action you could count feasible. It's unlikely to occur but envisaged for a moment a new attacking potential for the team if the players highlighted were to fall into place.

Chaplin (you'd) assume will remain in midfield for next season, it's not his natural position but did so well there's no reason to change it. (Imagine) Forward alternatives (for us next season) from Furuhashi, Aluko, Tavernier, Broadhead, Bradshaw, Ladapo and / or Hirst. Got to admit, there's a certain sense of relish there.