Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Transfer Rumours

Post by trimleyblue » Fri May 05, 2023 10:20 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 05, 2023 10:24 am

Bishop for Jackson would certainly add goals to our strike force. Rak-Sakyi has reportedly been very good this season but was anonymous recently at Portman Road, personally I much prefer to see Kyle Edwards given a proper chance.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri May 05, 2023 10:33 am

Interesting, not suprising as these have been mentioned before.

Bishop is odd though, surely we have our sights set higher? He is a CF and Jackson is very much a winger now, so it would be New striker/Hirst as 1t choice, then Ladapo as second surely? Do we still need a third? Need to also shift Piggott and Ahadme then too.

The other I can see happening as a replacement for Jackon. Kyle will remain as he gives us a different option, but I suspect we will bring in a couple in that forward line as we need a backup for chaplin, someone to give burns competition too.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri May 05, 2023 10:38 am

Some good players coming out of contract from the Prem, I''m shocked at some of them -Kante etc. Maybe some the clubs have a optional extension which will be triggered.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1

I wonder if any could be snapped up? They do stand out to me as a mix of either unobtainable or old/has been. Tom Davies is the one who I would be interested in, his salary isn't insane and he might be one to go after, right age, can tackle but also play - i.e maybe an upgrade/longer term swap on Massimo. I could see him doing well under KM and fitting our system.

I don't know enough about players in the champsionship to know if there are any good bargains to be had there via out of contact signings.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 05, 2023 10:57 am

Tom Davies is a very good player but I would suggest zero chance of him ending up in the Championship, unless of course he stays with Everton

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri May 05, 2023 1:02 pm

I've not checked but I believe quite a few of Bishop's goals were from the penalty spot and I can't see him as being better than Ladapo.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 05, 2023 1:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:24 am
Bishop for Jackson would certainly add goals to our strike force. Rak-Sakyi has reportedly been very good this season but was anonymous recently at Portman Road, personally I much prefer to see Kyle Edwards given a proper chance.
Most of his goals have come from penalties, Mike. I think we can do better than him for the Championship now….👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 05, 2023 2:37 pm

We can definitely do better.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri May 05, 2023 2:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:37 pm
We can definitely do better.
I'd agree, we shouldn't settle for good, we can aim high, because we have a line-up who are on the verge of scoring 100 goals. Yes we potentially lose Hirst, but he's only contributed 6 of those (though not devaluing his contribution in other areas).

Annoyingly transfer talk is often about unfounded reports about forwards as they're the exciting ones apparently, but I'll ignore all that at this stage as I don't think we'll be in anything more that gentle enquiries at this point.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 05, 2023 3:03 pm

If this Club recruits like it did for League One, that would suggest we will be targeting PL players to drop down to the Championship. So maybe us fans need to look at young players in the PL who we could be looking to tempt to PR.

I was wondering if we might also be looking abroad? I’m Not sure it always works when bringing in foreign players to the English game though as I think there is a high failure rate for this group trying to adapt to the English game for a multitude of reasons.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri May 05, 2023 9:56 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:03 pm
If this Club recruits like it did for League One, that would suggest we will be targeting PL players to drop down to the Championship. So maybe us fans need to look at young players in the PL who we could be looking to tempt to PR.

I was wondering if we might also be looking abroad? I’m Not sure it always works when bringing in foreign players to the English game though as I think there is a high failure rate for this group trying to adapt to the English game for a multitude of reasons.
If we're gonna bring foreigners in maybe we should just test the waters a bit, start off with a couple of Dutch midfielders?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 05, 2023 10:09 pm

Lol …. I see what you did there. 👍 :D

Don’t forget we’ve got a very good young midfielder ( Cameron Humphries) whose skills will be much better suited to championship football. So maybe only one Dutch MF will be needed! :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:12 pm

Sorry for me it’s a bit too early to talk about transfer rumours, but hey go ahead and stir that pot. Hell, Rossi’s back now so be careful what you wish for. Just joking, I’m glad Rossi’s back…not sure it deserved an exclusive thread to magnetize all the minions, but it’s ok! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri May 05, 2023 11:40 pm

We got the best team and assembled squad for some 20 years so see no reason to change it or look for new acquisitions.

Although some of the roster could well be surplus in the summer, the loan names like Pigott who should return and in fairness we don't need them.

Sure as hell don't need no strike or forward hunting although guess it wouldn't hurt to scout around in the close season but there's goals coming out of every orifice as it stands. The defense has been mighty reliable although some seem to question the midfield capabilities on occasion.

Guess it depends who we offload in the summer. Voids will become apparent and replacements maybe required but as before see no reason to change what we got. It's all hypothetical about who will go and possibles to bring in. Bottom line here maybe 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 06, 2023 7:17 am

Think Pigott is really Priskin in disguise, Saint.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 06, 2023 7:19 am

Not sure I want to go down the foreigner route, Sereni and Finidi spring to mind, bloody hopeless and wrecked the togetherness of the squad.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat May 06, 2023 7:32 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:40 pm
We got the best team and assembled squad for some 20 years so see no reason to change it or look for new acquisitions.

Although some of the roster could well be surplus in the summer, the loan names like Pigott who should return and in fairness we don't need them.

Sure as hell don't need no strike or forward hunting although guess it wouldn't hurt to scout around in the close season but there's goals coming out of every orifice as it stands. The defense has been mighty reliable although some seem to question the midfield capabilities on occasion.

Guess it depends who we offload in the summer. Voids will become apparent and replacements maybe required but as before see no reason to change what we got. It's all hypothetical about who will go and possibles to bring in. Bottom line here maybe 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'
The championship is a big jump, bigger than some expect. Remember a lot of our players have been stars in league one this season, yet a lot came from the championship and weren’t standouts / struggled to get game time there.

We need and will strengthen, including forward positions.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:17 am
Pigskin?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 07, 2023 9:22 am

Mauswara wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:17 am
Pigskin?
:lol: crackling joke, buddy 👍👌👏👏👏👏

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun May 07, 2023 9:32 am

I agree with Number9 ref this, little early but dare say MA and KM are already gauging up what or who is required. Suspect now we will be in Championship that they can use their contacts to bring in players from old clubs, youth etc, prem level, but we will see.

There will be a few surprises no doubt, and not as many as last season. We already have a good team that will fair ok in the Championship.

Exciting summer ahead.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 07, 2023 10:39 am

Judging by Ashtons interview the club have had those targets in their sights since January. I’m sure it was mentioned a week or so ago that early dialogue had already happened in some cases.

Eventful summer ahead 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 07, 2023 10:48 am

It's never too early, the days of dragging our heels and everyone moaning about lack of activity are well and truly in the past.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 07, 2023 4:21 pm

saw it yesterday but couldn't mention r.e. Tamas Priskin and widely ridiculed for his time here.

Wanted to say did score if memory serves a winner in a Cup semi-final for us against Arsenal of all things. That alone is worthy of recognition and you got to give plaudits when and where. By no means a legend or icon status within Portman Road but for one feat alone he'll always have a favorable place in history within the club name. Other than that though, I concur, regular lousy player. Just part of a poor team set-up at the time, a mash of ineffective names spearheaded by guess Jewell or Roy Keane.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun May 07, 2023 7:20 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:03 pm
If this Club recruits as it did for League One, that would suggest we will be targeting PL players to drop down to the Championship. So maybe we fans need to look at young players in the PL who we could be looking to tempt to PR.

I was wondering if we might also be looking abroad. I’m Not sure it always works when bringing in foreign players to the English game though as I think there is a high failure rate for this group trying to adapt to the English game for a multitude of reasons.
Liz I think if continue to play like we have been over the run in, with some real quality passing games, then if Keiran decides say a couple of Spanish players to come in they would settle down very quickly, Pablo Counago type comes to mind :roll: :roll: :)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 07, 2023 8:02 pm

What rolling around on his arse for 90 minutes? No thanks.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon May 08, 2023 4:17 pm

TWTD understands Derby County and Watford are eyeing a summer move for Blues midfielder Idris El Mizouni, who has just completed a successful loan spell with League Two champions Leyton Orient.

El Mizouni, 22, is contracted to Town until the summer of 2024 with the club having an option for a further season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 08, 2023 4:19 pm

Good move for him if true, no chance of playing here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 08, 2023 8:10 pm

Not sure what role in MF El- Miz plays … but would he better than Ball? At 22yrs of age he’s got a future in the game and if championship clubs are looking at him, I hope we are too.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Tue May 09, 2023 3:13 pm

If Leicester go down - which looks increasingly likely - will they really let us have Hirst? A) when they might need him B) when they won't want a rival with him

I would imagine Ashton and McKenna have a contingency, but it's a shame because he really fits the system

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 09, 2023 3:28 pm

Transfer window opens June 10th apparently. That’s insanely close really isn’t it!

Hirst first official signing? 👍