Fixture date release

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Cabanas Blue

Fixture date release

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed May 10, 2023 2:40 pm

Town will learn their 2023/24 Championship fixture list on Thursday 22nd June at 9am.

The Blues will be back in the second tier after four seasons in League One having finished second in 2022/23.

Town, who are understood have requested an away game first due to the extensive pitch renovation which is taking place over the summer, will get their campaign under way over the weekend of Saturday 5th August with round one of the Carabao Cup set to take place in the following midweek.

Later on in the season, the Carabao Cup final will take place on Sunday 25th February 2024 and the Championship play-off final on Sunday 26th May 2024.

Cabanas Blue

Re: Fixture date release

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed May 10, 2023 2:43 pm

Carrot road away it is then.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed May 10, 2023 4:18 pm

Can you imagine!

Not sure if I made this up, I thought a promoted team always plays a relegated (from Prem) team 1st game?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 10, 2023 4:55 pm

It will never be the first game, if my memory serves me correctly its generally around end of August/ early September but pure coincidence.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 10, 2023 5:44 pm

I remember a few years back, the first Edinburgh derby wasnt until almost Halloween. Both Hibs & Hertz werenโ€™t that happy about it.

Derbies are what its all REALLY about :lol: โ€ฆ.. and great that they are happening again in EA with Ipswich on the ascendancy for a change. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu May 11, 2023 12:19 am

Not too interested about the trivial Cup dates, I don't expect us to do much or show any real interest other than the F.A. in January. I'd ask for a series of favorable League games for the team to start things off through August but all opponents have to be played somewhere down the track.

Believe we have a real good chance of a first win against Norwich for 10 - 15 years, hell the team may even beat those home and away. The season we've just had, the progress made, all things are possible.

McKenna said something recent about how his / the team's next focus is the EPL or at least a top six finish. By all means hit the ground running but maybe need to take a step back and assess the wider picture before making plans that may just be too far out of reach.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 11, 2023 6:53 am

My recollection of Derby fixtures is they are of used to be around Christmas/ Boxing Day and Easter . But the police c*ck that up and make it on a Sunday 12noon ko due to crowd control concerns . Good job the apology for a police force in Suffolk / narfolk never have to police a Manchester or Liverpool derby isnโ€™t it. Utter tossas!