Retained list out

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Retained list out

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 23, 2023 12:19 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Retained list out

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 23, 2023 12:26 pm

Not too many surprises there, only Four players released is a little surprising though, expected Penney, Keogh & Vincent-Young to go, I am very surprised that Akuko has Been offered a deal.

Great to see Luongo being offered the chance to stay, him and Morsy would be a very strong pairing in the Championship. I did think maybe Donacien and Jackson could be vulnerable too but KM must rate them. Obviously transfers can still see some of these depart.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Really surprised at Aluko, but the rest makes sense.

Assumed RK would have a coach role but no mention of that.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 23, 2023 12:56 pm

We understand Keogh plans to continue playing and will be looking for a club at League One or Two level

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue May 23, 2023 1:11 pm

I do believe Donacien had a further year triggered by the club few weeks ago. I don't think this is trying to cash in, in case another club comes in for him, but you never know

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 23, 2023 2:36 pm

Oh wow re Keogh, maybe colchester?

Yes JD will stay, and IMO unless we can find a replacement (not easy given how versitile he is and the fact Clarke is going to be 1st choice) then I'm certainly happy with that.

I really hope KVY finds a home, good little player for someone at L1 level.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 23, 2023 6:56 pm

I’m surprised at Keogh . Not that he would play for us but what he’d bring to the defensive coaching pool .

I suspect KVY has gone because Edwards will always be ahead of him ( in that wide attacking role not defensive),

I’m surprised but happy that Aluko had been kept on, although I doubt he’ll play much , I reckon they’ve got a backroom role for him now.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 23, 2023 6:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:26 pm
Not too many surprises there, only Four players released is a little surprising though, expected Penney, Keogh & Vincent-Young to go, I am very surprised that Akuko has Been offered a deal.

Great to see Luongo being offered the chance to stay, him and Morsy would be a very strong pairing in the Championship. I did think maybe Donacien and Jackson could be vulnerable too but KM must rate them. Obviously transfers can still see some of these depart.
I think they’re so few released because Cook did such a good demolition job. He saved this club at least two years of rebuilding in my view.

When McKenna came in, the players brought in were for the championship level more than League One. Carry that process forward now into this close season, and I suspect the players we bring in will be with PL in mind. We’re planning a stage ahead of where we actually are.