Town tipped for top two ….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Town tipped for top two ….

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2023 8:04 am

Posh’s MacAnthony says this in an interview
Currently no pay wall on this article when posted today:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23545754.i ... acanthony/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Town tipped for top two ….

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 25, 2023 8:44 am

The worrying thing about that is that this goon generally talks bollocks

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu May 25, 2023 9:04 am

No way we will be top 2, we’d need a massive overhaul and the FFP would be an issue, it will take time to build and player trade our way out of the league.

It’s hard to compete against the yo-yo clubs who have strong squads and parachute payments etc.

One step at a time!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu May 25, 2023 10:39 am

Well he does say he doesn't know if it will happen in year one.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2023 11:36 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:44 am
He’s talking us up and hopes to get a bigger fee for Taylor ( I assume we’ll still go for him ) and Clarke-Harris.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 25, 2023 11:39 am

shabba wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:04 am
No way we will be top 2, we’d need a massive overhaul and the FFP would be an issue, it will take time to build and player trade our way out of the league.

It’s hard to compete against the yo-yo clubs who have strong squads and parachute payments etc.

One step at a time!
I don’t think we would need a massive overhaul. I’d say the squad is probably 2-3 new players short of a decent championship side. Our defence ( specifically CB’s), is not good enough in my view and we’d need a striker who can deliver at this level.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 25, 2023 12:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:36 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:44 am
He’s talking us up and hopes to get a bigger fee for Taylor ( I assume we’ll still go for him ) and Clarke-Harris.
Based on what I've seen I wouldn't touch those Two with a barge pole tbh.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu May 25, 2023 4:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:39 am
shabba wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:04 am

One step at a time!
I don’t think we would need a massive overhaul. I’d say the squad is probably 2-3 new players short of a decent championship side. Our defence ( specifically CB’s), is not good enough in my view and we’d need a striker who can deliver at this level.
Yeah, I agree we're only 2 or 3 players off of a realistic chance - experienced centre back, experienced and prolific striker, and a right-sided attacker with proven Championship pedigree

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu May 25, 2023 5:36 pm

Some names ain't worth no time or argument but keeping it short MacAnthony or whatever the hell his name is speaks within the realms of reason. There's every chance the team could get an automatic place a year from now and ticket to the EPL but it's dependant on a number of factors.

Keeping hold of the most influential / pivotal players on the roster, keeping hold of Golden Goose McKenna, adding the right additions in requisite areas of the team and maybe of all, how are we (really) set-up to finish in the second league after promotion. I'd maybe consolidate the next season and not go for things that are potentially out of reach or beyond team expectation.