The Eight Used Lives of Walton Cat

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

The Eight Used Lives of Walton Cat

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon May 29, 2023 12:09 am

I don't believe in devils and angels or gods will but there's something strange about the number of instances now Merseyside's finest have avoided a relegation resting on the final day of a league season. It's not luck, it's not good fortune, maybe it's something supernatural, but the number of times they should have been (rightfully) dropped from the EPL only to survive a final day is now approaching bizarre.

For what it's worth today was yet another example. Had not for one goal Toffees would have succumbed to relegation but lo and behold it went to plan and a great escape came to pass. From personal experience been with it years back and maybe times change and things aren't really the same sensation as once before but it's a big club, a proud name and rich in tradition and history. Relegation today wouldn't have been the end of it all but would have been real tough to make it back particularly at a first attempt. They've had unbroken membership of the top division since the mid 1950's, imagine that for a moment. Sorry for Leicester, but when push comes to shove there can be no impartiality.

I got tangible relief they survived another 'escapade' but they're running out of lives now should further instances as today come to pass in years ahead. No trophy wins in 28 years also. Sure fans enjoyed today's "accomplishment" but they need to be fighting for honors in a more successful sense then leaving it to chance time and again against a clear and present relegation threat. That's it.

number 9

Re: The Eight Used Lives of Walton Cat

Post by number 9 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:42 am

Have to say although impartial to teams mentioned, I did want Leicester to survive and I did want Everton to be relegated. I don’t hate Everton, but they’ve probably been the most boring team in the Premier League since that young Wayne Rooney was traded to ManU. For me Everton needs a significant reset to be recognized as a competent top club again. Their failures are quite evident whether it’s managers or players, and in some ways I think relegation could have been just what they needed. Alas, they survived again and they’ll probably be mid table contenders as usual. I feel sorry for Everton fans, but it is what it is…

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:06 am

And now for something completely different…

Leeds v Tottenham

Directors box:
Leeds Assistant Manager- “Erm…Sam?…Spurs are up 4-1 now…um…should we make a substitute or something?”
Big Sam- “These kabob sandwiches are amazing! Can I get another one, dear…oh and love, I’ll have another pint. Cheers!

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon May 29, 2023 7:45 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:42 am
Have to say although impartial to teams mentioned, I did want Leicester to survive and I did want Everton to be relegated. I don’t hate Everton, but they’ve probably been the most boring team in the Premier League since that young Wayne Rooney was traded to ManU. For me Everton needs a significant reset to be recognized as a competent top club again. Their failures are quite evident whether it’s managers or players, and in some ways I think relegation could have been just what they needed. Alas, they survived again and they’ll probably be mid table contenders as usual. I feel sorry for Everton fans, but it is what it is…
Spot on. They have the highest wage to revenue spend at something like 95 percent. Too many bad signings there.

Suspect they will possibly struggle again next season.