This is total tosh (League 1 playoff final)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Steve

This is total tosh (League 1 playoff final)

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2023 3:41 pm

The quality of play,. Ball is spending more time in the air than ground. The amount of stoppages with collisions is crazy. There was even four players, two from each team going for same lofted ball and looked like a spilt paint tin as they went clattering to the ground.

Honestly so glad Town are not involved in this.

One thing there must be nearly double of Wednesday fans than Barnsley's. So bad a game it is quite entertaining in some warped way

Steve

Re: This is total tosh (League 1 playoff final)

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2023 4:21 pm

Since Barnsley had a player sent off the game as came alive. Could of had a penally before the sending off. The sending off was a bit harsh for me even though VAR got involved and supported the Ref's decision

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 29, 2023 4:38 pm

We are head and tail above these Two teams

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Totally

Second half since the Barnsley player was sent off has improved no end though.. Barnsley are the better team and hard to notice they are down a man

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:44 pm

Flukey Sheff Wed's, my new team to really dislike.

We need to do a job on them next season, for Barnsley fans.

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 pm

Disappointed to see Sheffield wednesday win :(

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Having seen all the game I feel Barnsley can count themselves unlucky with both vital decisions. Firstly there was contact on the Barnsley player, damn soft yes, very soft but seen less given. Other was sending off. It looks worse than what is especially when slowing down the footage but surely that should of wanted at least referee going to monitor. Definite yellow card and yes if it was against Ipswich be screaming for a red, but I'm biased to us. Two huge decisions and could say both 50/50 in outcome

Saying that if a player cannot at least hit the target when totally unmarked when well into the box not sure deserve anything. For me Barnsley played better when going down to 10 men, the game came alive and in extra time Wednesday stepped up on the gas

Damn old team though, not sure how many players will be cleared out

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 29, 2023 6:11 pm

With Barnsley failing to go up I would love to see KM go after Mads Anderson the Barnsley CB, seen him 3 or 4 times now and he is absolutely colossal, way better than anything we have defensively.

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:11 pm
With Barnsley failing to go up I would love to see KM go after Mads Anderson the Barnsley CB, seen him 3 or 4 times now and he is absolutely colossal, way better than anything we have defensively.
Agree with that, been impressed with him whole season. Anderson is a great player and would improve us no end. However I'm not one to shout and scream for another CB unless they are better than who we have. Stats don't lie when it comes to our defensive record.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:21 pm

I agree with you both on that Mike & Steve, that lad would be a shrewd move, hoping KM already has him (& others) on the radar.

Be interesting to see how many are moved on in that team now they have another season in LG1. Also if Darren Moore will still be with those jobheads next season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 29, 2023 8:43 pm

I’m absolutely gutted Weds have won through. Whilst their players snd manager deserve it their bloody fan base does not.

The “football team” were robbed today and not for the first time in this god awful division.
Weds BELONG in League One with that team. They’re just a bunch of thugs whose game plan is to launch it into the box and knock you off the ball with their brawn. They’re in for a shock in the Championship. I bloody hate their arrogant, racist, aggressive fans .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 29, 2023 8:47 pm

Steve wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Agree with that, been impressed with him whole season. Anderson is a great player and would improve us no end. However I'm not one to shout and scream for another CB unless they are better than who we have. Stats don't lie when it comes to our defensive record.
I think our defensive record can be put down to our ability to keep the ball as “ a team” more than our individual CB abilities. I think our CB’s will be found out next season and we need better quality CB. I’m sorry but simply don’t rate Woolfie or Edmundson. Burgess is the best of the bunch and at Championship level he may only price to be adequate at best. We’ll see what happens I guess ….

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:17 pm

Yep, a strong CB will certainly enhance KMs philosophy. Would not be surprised if that is our first signing. Edmundson is done…he’ll be shipped out. I’m still confident Woolfie will make the grade under KMs tutorship. We’ll also have to replace Hirst cuz he’s not coming back with Leicester’s relegation. One or two additions and the kids will be alright. I’m predicting top 6 finish in the Championship. Yeah, I said it!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon May 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Were supposed to be impartial today but were kind of disapponted to see a Wednesday victory. Guess wanted an underdog to win, you know, a club name of lesser stature to prevail. Barnsley Tykes had a phenomenal end to the season until they met us with games running out. If the season had begun after New Year they would have arguably won it. (Finished first)

The late goal was harsh but at least it saved the indignity of a shoot out. One last time that's no real way to determine pivotal games / Finals and all.

Guess Wednesday for the epic turnaround after the first Peterborough game at least, deserve a promotion. But somehow deep down, can't stop thinking would rather have seen Barnsley make it instead. That goal they let in so late, can only imagine the hurt and dismay from players and fans alike.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Mon May 29, 2023 11:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I enjoyed this bit

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 30, 2023 5:11 am

Yes indeed but you won't find many of those.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 30, 2023 1:43 pm

That’s my favourite goal of the season. It had everything you’d want from your striker.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:45 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:43 pm
That’s my favourite goal of the season. It had everything you’d want from your striker.
I think for me the goal of the season was the first away at Derby, the first of those four away must win games. Class.

https://youtu.be/8p0MH6ZUngQ?t=13

Mind you, the second one weren't bad neither.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 am

Mauswara wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:45 am
hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:43 pm
I think for me the goal of the season was the first away at Derby, the first of those four away must win games. Class.

https://youtu.be/8p0MH6ZUngQ?t=13

Mind you, the second one weren't bad neither.
Agree. Counter attacking football at it’s best. Even better as the Town fans were situated in the corner at the end where the goal was scored so we got a great view of it. Have watched the replay of this goal over and over and it seems to get better each time. That pass from Broadhead to Burns was superb.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:17 pm

Yep, that goal was worthy of any game at the very top of world football.