First Leicester now Celtic.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: First Leicester now Celtic.

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:32 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:39 am
This appointment for Leicester is absolutely massive, get it wrong and the consequences could be catastrophic for them, its for that reason I don't for one second believe they would even entertain the idea of gambling on a manager who is really still a rookie with a single season at League One level on his CV, and that's assuming McKenna is even interested which again I don't believe he is. Chill everyone, KM will not be Leicester City's new manager.
Thank god they don’t know how good he really is the. I agree with you btw !

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:55 am

Rodgers in advanced talks with Celtic.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:57 am

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:13 pm
Rumours started by budgies, I’m sticking by my beliefs. KM is not going anywhere yet.
marko69 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:26 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:39 pm
It's all a bit ridiculous for me, yes we all see him as the messiah and yes I'm pretty sure he'll go on to be a top manager one day, however, he hasn't actually achieved much yet in truth has he, I mean we didn't even win League One for crying out loud, maybe Leicester and Celtic should be looking at Schumacher who did a fantastic job in winning the title with a fraction of our budget. I don't see McKenna going anywhere just yet, he needs a lot more on his CV than a League One promotion.
Totally agree. Beginning to think its very worried Norwich City supporters starting the rumours.

Yep 9, said the same June 8th....... Was always a Norwich thing. Guaranteed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:55 am
Rodgers in advanced talks with Celtic.
That’ll be a very good managerial capture for them tbh …. Didn’t he manage them before?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:49 pm

This was posted on twtd s little while ago ….

Great to see the contracts being renewed, and as far as KM is concerned, suggest his agent has been working very diligently to ensure the club give him the very best contract himself. Watch this space, suspect it will be soon.
And Im led to believe he was actually approached and offered the job but declined. If you look at odds at 330 yesterday he was odds on, by 430 his name had been removed.
Clever agent I say, now let's move on

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:24 pm

According to rumours Scott Parker is set to be the next Leicester City manager.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:12 am

Looks like Enzo Maresca is Leicester bound.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:07 pm

Yer it was said in The Telegraph. So hopefully all sorted now. Phew!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:37 am

And Maresca has indeed gone to Leicester

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:42 pm
McKenna would be barking mad to jump ship now and no offence intended to your club Andy, but he certainly should jump ship to Leicester.
I think you must have misread my post Liz as the last thing I was suggesting was him moving to Leicester. My only worry was him him being quoted as second favourite with really short odds. As I recall I was suggesting we offered McKenna a 5 year contract to lock him in. Furthermore I only have one club I have total interest in and that’s Ipswich Town. As for Leicester City I have quite a dislike for them probably because I used to live in Nottingham and enjoyed going to the City Ground far more than the Walkers Stadium when we lived in Leicestershire. In fact we only got involved with both clubs representing their main sponsors, myself with Leicester City and my wife with Forest.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:41 pm

My wish was almost granted with a new 4 year contract not the 5 I suggested. Absolutely the right thing to do for the football club and for Kieron McKenna who’s now been given both the time and the security to carry on with and maybe even complete the job he started. What a fairy tale first appointment it would be if he took us from League One to the Premier League in his first managerial appointment. I certainly wouldn’t bet against.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:50 pm

In my humble opinion Brendan Rogers to Celtic and Enzo Maresca to Leicester City are to very good appointments for both clubs.

Yes Liz, Brendan Rogers managed Celtic very successfully for three years before leaving to go to Leicester City. He has guaranteed Celtic he will stay there for the duration of his contract. One of the most unusual facts about Brendan Rogers is that he never made his Professional first team debut at any football club having given up hope at age 20 due to a degenerative knee condition. However he was always keen to coach and went to various clubs across Spain to learn his trade. Eventually he hooked up with Jose Mourinho and joined Chelsea as their 2nd Team Coach and has never looked back since.

Enzo Maresca meanwhile has been one of Pep Guardiola’s coaching staff do both have excellent pedigree’s as No 2’s to very successful bosses which seems to be the new criteria for managerial recruitment.