TownTV launched

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: TownTV launched

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:42 pm
There’s lots of different Air Play apps on the Apple shop so not quite sure if that matters?

Mirror your iPhone or iPad to a TV or Mac

Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.2
Open Control Center:
On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
Tap Screen Mirroring .
Select your TV or Mac from the list.
If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen or Mac, enter the passcode on your iPhone or iPad.
To stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
Some video apps might not support AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if that app is available.
Find out which macOS versions and Mac models are compatible with AirPlay to Mac and learn how to set up your Mac to be an AirPlay receiver.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:21 pm

Cheers Andy 👍 :D x

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:05 pm

I have my PC connected to a 70 inch tv , signed up last night and watched all new videos , quality was great .

25 us dollars is reasonable price . I pay more for satellite radio in my car .

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:14 am

Bit unfortunate for me a family man in Dubai. Never watch the Saturday games as it's family time but stayed up to watch a lot of midweek games when littl'un is sleeping. Sadly it seems that for some weird reason there won't be any midweek games broadcast.

Do we know if the midweek games issue is likely to be resolved? Seems a bit odd.

Price wise its the same £10 per game so no issues there for me.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:35 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:14 am
Bit unfortunate for me a family man in Dubai. Never watch the Saturday games as it's family time but stayed up to watch a lot of midweek games when littl'un is sleeping. Sadly it seems that for some weird reason there won't be any midweek games broadcast.

Do we know if the midweek games issue is likely to be resolved? Seems a bit odd.

Price wise its the same £10 per game so no issues there for me.
What no midweek? Seems odd - maybe only those being shown on sky will be skipped from town tv, and alot more midweek champ games than league 1 etc are on sky?

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:27 pm

Midweek Town games that are not selected for live broadcast in the UK will be available to watch at an additional cost of £10 per match.

Meanwhile, international fans (outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland) can subscribe to TownTV for £19.99 a month. Included in the international subscription is the ability to watch all of the Blues’ games that are not selected for live broadcast in the UK.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:54 pm

Hopefully this won't impact on the VPN facility then

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:16 pm

I think Town have just dispensed with ifollow as a platform in order to cash in on their own fans who have used ifollow to watch the games. Commercially astute. They know full well everyone and his brother watches these games via a vpn of other means. But if the Club do what they can to follow the rules they’re not responsible for what the fans do to watch their team. I think it probably gauled the club that 7k fans tune in to ifollow and the club get half that income ….. why not all of it! I don’t blame them , and a lots of clubs have their own tv channels don’t they. I just think Gamechanger think big .

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:24 pm

Exactly, and its not like the stadium is empty either so they aren't losing out on bums on seat viewers either.

Its another building block to being a Premier league club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:29 pm

MMJR67 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:05 pm
I have my PC connected to a 70 inch tv…..
I fear a 70 inch TV. I’d never go out ever again.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:07 pm

They made it so you have to re-register for the new site and shop. I have tried several times, but each time it says a confirmation email has been sent but it isn’t coming through…

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:46 pm

A few technical problems today but overall it’s a big leap forward from iFollow. Holland is a natural and the other guy seems nice enough too.

Great to have some decent content around the start and end etc too. Impressed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:17 pm

It appears to be almost a replica of Charlton TV which I watched when staying in Los Angeles with my Daughter & Son In Law. A massive step up from ifollow which itself was a massive improvement on what we had before.

I really don’t think we should complain about any of these tv companies or their charges because if we don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:26 pm

Apparently the glitches were nothing to do with TownTV, more a problem with the link from Austria

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:59 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:17 pm
It appears to be almost a replica of Charlton TV which I watched when staying in Los Angeles with my Daughter & Son In Law. A massive step up from ifollow which itself was a massive improvement on what we had before.

I really don’t think we should complain about any of these tv companies or their charges because if we don’t like it, don’t buy it.
I initially read that as CARLTON TV - 😆

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Quick question...I've registered on the new site, do I need to do anything else for TOWNTV? I don't see anything as far as payment information is concerned. I'm assuming that will update when I purchase the first match?

Also, Do I need to fill out the linked accounts profile? Cheers!

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:26 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:03 pm
Quick question...I've registered on the new site, do I need to do anything else for TOWNTV? I don't see anything as far as payment information is concerned. I'm assuming that will update when I purchase the first match?

Should be a town tv button in the top left of the website and it takes you to payment options (if logged in)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:30 pm

shabba wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:26 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Should be a town tv button in the top left of the website and it takes you to payment options (if logged in)
Ok thanks. It looks like I'll be prompted when I order a match pass, which isn't available for me right now?

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:38 pm

After hearing fans feedback they are now offering a annual pass for £170 for overseas fans - so if you were paying the £20 a month then this is a much better deal (saving £70).

Works out £14ish a month, thats good in my book! I think iFollow was £140ish if you got in early, but with the production town are doing now this to be is great value.

If you already signed up for the montly package you'll get a refund on the £20 you paid so far if you take the annaul package.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:45 pm

The club listens nowadays and where possible they respond in a positive way so well done Town, a lot of overseas fans will be happy with this.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:09 pm

The Overseas yearly subscription is good for me, I just hope it’s straightforward when I try to sign up in the morning.

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:27 am

Town tv,live games, not available in my area,which is Norfolk :( very disappointing as I work weekends ,only manage a few mid week games a year.,bring back ifollow.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:53 am

It would work the same as Ifollow, you'd have to have used a VPN to get in this country on a Saturday anyway so you can do the same thing now surely ?

Another option would be to register on Stoke City Ifollow, or whatever channel they use.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:45 am

I’ve just gone through the motions of buying video match day pass ( I am in the Netherlands) and it would appear to allow me to buy a match pass …so looks the same as ifollow atm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Yeah must be same

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:23 pm

How did everyone find it? Great to have the studio and build up, even if they recycle some of the content they released earlier this week.

The cameras looked a bit blurry and the picture isn’t as sharp as I’d like, despite being on a validated 200mb/s device. audio went weird for a bit during the second half but overall it’s a massive step up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:28 pm

Were you "abroad" to watch that Shabba ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:53 am

I watched my first live game on TownTV yesterday and was very impressed with the coverage. A good step up from the previous ifollow coverage and looking forward to watching all Town games throughout the season either on this channel or on Sky. Never before have Town games been more accessible with such quality coverage.

Well done to Gamechanger for making this happen.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:31 am

Yip I did too Andy.

A Town fan told me he subscribes month by month as an overseas fan ( he lives in uk) using his normal uk address (getting access to all games ) which is cheaper than game by game payment.

Eg 8 months @£20 = £160 ( can see all games except cup )
23 away games @£10 £230

You do need a vpn still

He said if Sky showed more of our games he’d review the month by month subs to TownTV.

I haven’t looked yet but didn’t know you could go s month by month subscription, I thought it had to be a full year.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:01 pm

If going monthy you should buy the season package for £170, saving £70. You can go month to month but isnt it really only 1 or 1.5 months between end of season and pre season? Hardly worth going that route, unless you are being very cost aware and don't want to see any pre season etc.