NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mauswara

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by Mauswara » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 pm

f*ck me, did Wes Burns just come on?

pardon me, was watching the South Wales derby
Last edited by Mauswara on Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:00 pm

Coventry should have had this in the bag ..how many times do we see this . Loads of missed chances to seal a game and then caught by the sucker punch.

2-1 game over now. Don’t think wolves deserve this tbh

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:10 pm

Oh well done Coventry 2-2 !!!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:13 pm

3-2 Coventry great game.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:14 pm

Simms has improved so much recently.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:14 pm
…. and repaid a chunk of his transfer fee not least half a million pounds prize money today plus half the gate money from a Wembley semi final. 👍

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 pm

The Coventry score, performance and result was real good. Here you got a club name with little success since winning the thing back in 1987 and they haven't made the semi-final stage either if correct in that time and they somehow pull out a win from almost impossible circumstances. Seriously, you got to give plaudits and recognition when the occasion allows it.

Would be great if they could win it again. It won't happen but of the teams remaining I'd root for them without question to take the trophy.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:50 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 pm
The Coventry score, performance and result was real good. Here you got a club name with little success since winning the thing back in 1987 and they haven't made the semi-final stage either if correct in that time and they somehow pull out a win from almost impossible circumstances. Seriously, you got to give plaudits and recognition when the occasion allows it.

Would be great if they could win it again. It won't happen but of the teams remaining I'd root for them without question to take the trophy.
I think it’s only their second time ever to reach the Semi Finals. 👏👏👏 ….If only Leicester City could join them tomorrow, that would help us .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:23 pm

Yes I'd settle on LCFC to go and win it, I'd rather them than one of the usual heavyweight EPL club names. Keeps them focused away from their league endeavors but they're not a bad club name and hopefully both us and them get those automatic promotion places. I don't want Leeds making it, but right now it's just too early to tell.

Still don't think playing last four games at a national stadium is really right or acceptable, it just devalues the integrity of competition but they've made so many (wrong) alterations and changes to the format of the competition in recent years there doesn't seem an awful lot anyone can do about it. Read someplace they intend to scrap replays from the 4th round next season but whether it actually gets implemented I don't know as yet.

Kind of asks the question why 3rd round games get a replay chance but thereafter it's decided at a first attempt. Can understand without question why people must lose interest in the competition for the amount or level of changes they make while all the time slowly tearing the heart and magic from the history of the competition. All said, it's something of a shame.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Stamford Bridge is like a morgue, absolutely no atmosphere.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:50 pm
arana peligrosa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 pm

I think it’s only their second time ever to reach the Semi Finals. 👏👏👏 ….If only Leicester City could join them tomorrow, that would help us .
Watching the game now Andy and Leicester just don't seem to have that quality in the final third to convert chances ATM.....

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:09 pm

Game on! 2 - 2

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:47 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:14 pm
Best i have seen Simms play. Looked a real talent yesterday. Shows the quality of McKenna's judgement of players.
Coventry looked a real quality outfit yesterday and on that performance look a real play off threat

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Welsh made it through last night in a potential banana slip with Finland. The chance was always there for an upset and beaten by a nation who's greatest claim to fame could be The Moomins but they showed resolve and determination in getting a victory. Finland by all account played poor and despite one or two sporadic moments never really threatened or looked possible to claim any surprise victory. Wales at Euro Championships is all well and good, I welcome their participation but Poland will be a tough final obstacle.

Scotland face off with Netherlands much later today but it's an exhibition game with little at stake. Kind of wonder how many times Archie Gemmill will receive a mention, they just won't be able to help themselves.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:49 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:44 pm
Kind of wonder how many times Archie Gemmill will receive a mention, they just won't be able to help themselves.
Yep. True story, Saint......., cannot help mentioning OR posting a clip......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJTBrbPIHQ

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:31 pm

Just watched Mansfield 1 v 1 Colchester which gives a massive boost to the chances of relegation team getting a result against a team chasing promotion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:07 pm

To tie the last two posts together…….

1-1 Mansfield……. Had them for 4-0 in Prediction League……..

….. And 4-0 Holland?? 🤷‍♂️ A tad soul destroying because that is the very best team Scotland will be able to field in Germany. That is a decent Scotland side. No idea at all if that was full strength Dutchie Boys but Scotland couldn't “Pass a Dutchie” for fun last night. Not a good night at the office for Clarke & Co.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:42 pm

My prediction was correct but it might be the only one 🤔 I was impressed with the Colchester keeper only 20 years old on loan from Palace, and I see he was born in Harold Wood Essex around 5 miles from where I lived for over 40 years.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:04 pm

Scots didn't play bad at all last night. People may look at the score and imagine they were sh*t and the Dutch dominated but for large parts of the game seemed to hold their own. Gave away a couple of late silly goals to provide a scoreline that wasn't really a true representation of the game.

Mixed results elsewhere featuring exhibition games. Northern Irish did good to hold Romanians to a draw, Spain had a disappointing but unimportant home defeat with Colombia. Faroe Islands managed a big win in Liechtenstein, maybe that's a surprise score or something.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:59 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:42 pm
My prediction was correct but it might be the only one 🤔 I was impressed with the Colchester keeper only 20 years old on loan from Palace, and I see he was born in Harold Wood Essex around 5 miles from where I lived for over 40 years.
Yep, without him those of us who predicted Mansfield to win scoring 3 goals or more would have been much happier. As for the Prediction League, I’m not expecting to see many high scores this week, in fact I think mine is 1 point. ☹️

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm

Bristol City could have been 2 up in the first 20 minutes pen not given and good double save from Leicester keeper, I expect Leicester will find a way to win.😩

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Nope :mrgreen: And Bristol City do us a massive favour :mrgreen:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm

And Vardy missed two easy chances.👏👏👏

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm

Massive result and the expected Leicester collapse continues

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 pm

Need Watford to help us out too now :mrgreen:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 pm

We need to help ourselves too

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 pm

Absolutely :D

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 pm

Did it realise this was their game in hand, so we’ll be back to one game more than them again after today, but very glad they dropped points again!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 pm

shabba wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 pm
Did it realise this was their game in hand, so we’ll be back to one game more than them again after today, but very glad they dropped points again!!
yes they have a game over us and nearest challengers which made today's defeat all the more important. Somehow think they'll miss the automatic promotion places completely by end of season, they don't appear - or aren't - consistent enough and their results appear erratic. Guess they find it difficult holding their nerve on the biggest occasion but then again they were Champions of England and F.A Cup winners in recent time so maybe can't use that as a label. But something seems wrong right now within their team set-up.

West Bromwich dropped points also but somehow think they aren't really a threat to us regards automatic promotion. This (Bristol City win) is a great incentive to go on and beat Blackburn later today though.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 pm

Ellis Simms has scored twice for Coventry, he's certainly found his form and we are beginning to know why KMc was after him.