NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by TODD66 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 pm

Still in our hands though.

Forgot they were playing and just checked.

Currently watching my boy playing for The Manchester Titans American Football team against Stockholm Mean Machine in equivalent of the Champions league!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:46 pm

I don’t know why anyone is even thinking as far ahead as Hull and certainly why anyone is worrying about it yet. By then Hull could be completely out of contention for a play off place unless they pick up points at Watford and Coventry snd even if they do their home form is crap, so much so on paper it could be our easiest game of the three still to play especially if Huddersfield only need a point to avoid relegation.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:59 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 pm
2-1 and game on again
Leicester won 2-1 but were very poor which should give hope to anyone worried about our recent form. Let’s hope they can do the same to Southampton on Tuesday night. 🙏

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 pm

Today’s big game for Town fans is Watford v Hull City.where we could do with a Watford win. The second game to follow is Huddersfield and Swansea as we could do with The Terriers being either safe or relegated before our game on the final day of the season.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 pm

Southampton take another early lead!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:44 pm

Really annoying Leicester getting the win as seemingly second best. Had they lost and as Southampton are on fire, it could have been going up with them if Leicester and Leeds continued to falter. How weird would that be?!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 pm

I think people are delusional if they think us not playing and rivals winning and playing again before us can possibly be a good thing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm
If leeds drop points at Boro .And maybe Leicester beat the saints. And Leeds draw on last day with saints .that be our best hope
Oh and the small matter of us having to at least win a couple whilst under immense pressure.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 pm

I'll start to believe again if Leeds get beat at Middlesbrough

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 pm
I'll start to believe again if Leeds get beat at Middlesbrough
Are you always a pessimistic

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 pm
I think people are delusional if they think us not playing and rivals winning and playing again before us can possibly be a good thing.
I guess my problem with this is that if we had played today and dropped points, you may well have been saying we have been playing badly for 5 games and needed a rest...? Its easy to see others get points on the board but in reality, nothing has changed other than a poor Leicester have beaten west brom (luckily) and s'ton are ahead at Cardiff - both results we all probably expected yet it seems to be getting a bit of a knee jerk reaction from Mike. None of us know whats going to happen so we have to let it play out - I say keep the faith!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 pm

In fact S'ton havn't won yet - its 1-1!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:30 pm

It's not knee jerk, we may well have needed the rest, my point is if results don't go our way, which so far they haven't, it puts mammoth amount of pressure on us, surely that's obvious? We may well respond but I just know it would have been better to at least have had the opportunity to stay above all our rivals, psychologically it would have been much better, there's obviously nothing we can do about it but I feel the timing ain't great.

As I said if Middlesbrough do the business Monday I'll feel a whole lot better, and as for the prat going on about being pessimistic, f*ck me where has he been the last Ten years when I was about the only optimistic on this bloody site, until of course KM turns up then they all crawl out the woodwork, prat.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:30 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 pm
See my psychology is working

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:46 pm
I don’t know why anyone is even thinking as far ahead as Hull and certainly why anyone is worrying about it yet. By then Hull could be completely out of contention for a play off place unless they pick up points at Watford and Coventry snd even if they do their home form is crap, so much so on paper it could be our easiest game of the three still to play especially if Huddersfield only need a point to avoid relegation.
Huddersfield losing atm, what you think ? Good or bad, fwiw we'll beat them comfortably

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:30 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
ya ya .calling so many fans of Ipswich disillusioned isn't a very nice thing to say mate ..and calling people pratts isn't very clever either....

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:45 pm

Of all days budgies not doing us any favours by widening the gap between them and hull

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:
It's not knee jerk, we may well have needed the rest, my point is if results don't go our way, which so far they haven't, it puts mammoth amount of pressure on us, surely that's obvious? We may well respond but I just know it would have been better to at least have had the opportunity to stay above all our rivals, psychologically it would have been much better, there's obviously nothing we can do about it but I feel the timing ain't great.

As I said if Middlesbrough do the business Monday I'll feel a whole lot better, and as for the prat going on about being pessimistic, f*ck me where has he been the last Ten years when I was about the only optimistic on this bloody site, until of course KM turns up then they all crawl out the woodwork, prat.
I agree with pressure but they have the pressure today! I don't think you are being particularly pessimistic but I also don't see it that it is such a bad thing either. Huddersfield losing badly so agree we will beat them. I also think we will win one of pur away games and draw one which will all be enough - but what do I know?! Its great to be part of it though isn't it!!! COYB's!!

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm

Its just post match reaction Denny. I do understand Mike and make no bones if we had even just won one of our last two home games the situation would be much easier

Yet there are so many games between Southampton, Leeds and Leicester playing each other we are by no means out of this

Huddersfield losing could be huge for us. Lets be honest if at start of the season we knew beating Huddersfield would win us promotion at last game of the season we would totally delighted

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:45 pm
Of all days budgies not doing us any favours by widening the gap between them and hull
Not sure I agree, For me want Hull out the playoff race and Coventry.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Blue Wilf wrote:
ya ya .calling so many fans of Ipswich disillusioned isn't a very nice thing to say mate ..and calling people pratts isn't very clever either....
I'm really not interested in your opinion, if I could be arsed, which I can't, I could trawl out dozens of negative posts that you chose to beat the club with, so much so many thought you were a scummer so please don't speak to me about negativity or pessimism.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:52 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm
Its just post match reaction Denny. I do understand Mike and make no bones if we had even just won one of our last two home games the situation would be much easier

Yet there are so many games between Southampton, Leeds and Leicester playing each other we are by no means out of this

Huddersfield losing could be huge for us. Lets be honest if at start of the season we knew beating Huddersfield would win us promotion at last game of the season we would totally delighted
Crikey Steve, I don't think we are out of it by any means, I do think we've got to do it the really hard way, I think a lot of it is the fact we NEVER do well after an international break, that is a fact, add to that we almost certainly are going to have to win at Hull or Coventry, then the frigging Sky cameras and it all feels very uncomfortable for me tbh.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm

Southampton losing

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm

I know you don't think we are out of it Mike and we most certainly are not by a country mile. Beat Hull next week then things will look so much better for us

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm

I want to be wrong, I hope beyond hope I'm wrong, i look forward to everyone saying "see you prat, you don't know what you're talking about " but I've just got this horrible feeling and I don't really know why........

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm
I want to be wrong, I hope beyond hope I'm wrong, i look forward to everyone saying "see you prat, you don't know what you're talking about " but I've just got this horrible feeling and I don't really know why........
You're no prat, emotions certainly play a part in this. I think Ipswich can win the three games. Got to say this though, damn we have missed Burns

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
You're no prat, emotions certainly play a part in this. I think Ipswich can win the three games. Got to say this though, damn we have missed Burns
Trust me, I can be lol

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
keep them to yourself Mike..let's all just look forward to our next 3 games ..with optimism..with the saints more or less out of it now .its down to a 3 horse race .one less to worry about ..

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 pm

If we have burns back. Could make all the difference

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:12 pm

Yep that would be a big plus