Championship - Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we take 3 points off one of last seasons rivals?

Wednesday Win
13%
Ipswich Win
69%
Draw
19%

Total votes: 16

Mauswara

Re: Championship - Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Mauswara » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:17 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:19 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:36 pm
And people tell me they don't get the hatred !!! f**king really people, get your heads out of your arses, they are scum, I've witnessed it.
Mike, told you the other week why I won’t go back to Hillsborough. Every club have their share of idiots but Wednesday seem have more than many clubs.
The way things are going you'll not be needing to visit Hillsborough for years.

JohnnyB

Re: Championship - Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:18 am

Owlstalk is not a happy place just now :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:16 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:53 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:49 pm

We may need to check Shots on Target as it said 5 before Broadhead hit it straight at the keeper in the middle of the posts but the 5 didn’t change
yeah it finished 6, correct on BBC now.
I am sure it was 7 as that's what my prediction was? 😬

I counted 7 too, bring in VAR !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:25 am

Having watched both the Southampton v Leicester game on Friday night and our game v Wednesday yesterday my one observation if we want to do to them what Leicester did is to speed our pace of play. It’s a shame about Leif Davis because with him on one wing and Brandon Williams on the other that would have helped. I think we could also do with Hutchinson starting, I would have said for Burns but thought he played well yesterday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am

I've checked several sources and unfortunately guys they all say 6 lmao, thank god !!!!! 🤣🤣

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:58 am

Re Hutchinson……… do wonder when Kieron will think he is one for starting from the off. Reckon this young lad will thrive from others having belief in him. He looks a real talent.

Asking the ones in the know……… what regular would make way for him? Is it a player already doing well?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:39 am

The obvious one to make way would be Wes Burns who has had mixed reviews this season, that said I thought he played well yesterday and caused them a lot of problems, I think KM see's Burns as a definite starter if fit. Hutchinson is definitely ready and able, the only thing is will he do the defensive side of it as KM wants ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
I've checked several sources and unfortunately guys they all say 6 lmao, thank god !!!!! 🤣🤣

I was only joking, surprise, surprise I predicted 7 🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am

I was only joking, surprise, surprise I predicted 7 🤣
Lmao, I didn't see you had 7 lol

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:05 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:58 am
Re Hutchinson……… do wonder when Kieron will think he is one for starting from the off. Reckon this young lad will thrive from others having belief in him. He looks a real talent.

Asking the ones in the know……… what regular would make way for him? Is it a player already doing well?
Starting a loanee? Hard call Marko, when was the last time it happened I dunno.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:08 pm

George Hirst all last season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:40 pm

From January ?

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:51 pm

Macauley bonne .

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:18 pm

There will be 2-3 changes tuesday I believe.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
And people tell me they don't get the hatred !!! f**king really people, get your heads out of your arses, they are scum, I've witnessed it.
They are in every club including yours. Its a society issue. Next time you are at Ipswich vs Norwich have a look.
Come to Glasgow and see Rangers and Celtic. Edinburgh, Aberdeen etc every bit a bad.
Football unfortunaltly is where they attach themselves.
Also if we want a police response then we will need to pay to resource a proper police force !!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Of course they are, my point was never about just thus hooligan crap, it's the way they go about their business with a grubby little chairman who treats decent people like sh*te, its about gobshite fans who last season were really derogatory about us for much of the season while giving it large about being champions in March and who they could sign in the Championship, laughable, its about the gobshites who chose to have a go at myself and friends outside their run down shithole of a stadium, I could go on. Yes I despise everything about them

Ipswich used to have a big thing with Sheffield Utd back in the day, thanks to Mauricio Taricco mainly, we actually labelled them the scum of the North, that changed the day I went to Bramall Lane after we had already been relegated to L1 and they'd secured promotion to the Prem, we sung for 90 minutes and stole the show on their big day, coming out of the stadium their fans were shaking mine and others hands, when the coaches pulled away they lined the streets and applauded us, that was really something, totally different to the Blue side of Sheffield which are undesirable at best.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:15 pm
Of course they are, my point was never about just thus hooligan crap, it's the way they go about their business with a grubby little chairman who treats decent people like sh*te, its about gobshite fans who last season were really derogatory about us for much of the season while giving it large about being champions in March and who they could sign in the Championship, laughable, its about the gobshites who chose to have a go at myself and friends outside their run down shithole of a stadium, I could go on. Yes I despise everything about them

Ipswich used to have a big thing with Sheffield Utd back in the day, thanks to Mauricio Taricco mainly, we actually labelled them the scum of the North, that changed the day I went to Bramall Lane after we had already been relegated to L1 and they'd secured promotion to the Prem, we sung for 90 minutes and stole the show on their big day, coming out of the stadium their fans were shaking mine and others hands, when the coaches pulled away they lined the streets and applauded us, that was really something, totally different to the Blue side of Sheffield which are undesirable at best.
when teenagers The first time I ever went to Sheffield was we played Wednesday with a mate who supported them, his first trip there as well.
Anyway got of the train and see the floodlights and thought we'd go there, anyway my mate was wearing his blue and white scarf,
getting nearer the ground noticed a lot of houses with red doors,
got to the ground and it was Bramall Lane, these lads said its not best to be wearing that scarf here, but your get more grief from your own fans when they hear your accents,
Personally never had any grief from the United fans,

now Millwall is a different story, 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:44 pm
Bluemike wrote:
They are in every club including yours. Its a society issue. Next time you are at Ipswich vs Norwich have a look.
Come to Glasgow and see Rangers and Celtic. Edinburgh, Aberdeen etc every bit a bad.
Also if we want a police response then we will need to pay to resource a proper police force !!!
Easter Road / London Road crossroads after a derby. The police just leave the twats to it and have the ambulances waiting in the wings.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:13 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:08 pm
George Hirst all last season.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:38 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Easter Road / London Road crossroads after a derby. The police just leave the twats to it and have the ambulances waiting in the wings.
Waste of NHS Resource !
Landfill would be better

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:58 pm

^^ could not agree more ^^

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:57 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Is it a society thing though VR? You can go to a rugby match , drink beer in the stands snd be sat / stood next to the opposition fans , and not a scrap, or punch or bad word in sight. I’ve often wondered why rugby is so different and why can’t it be like that at football stadiums?

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:57 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Is it a society thing though VR? You can go to a rugby match , drink beer in the stands snd be sat / stood next to the opposition fans , and not a scrap, or punch or bad word in sight. I’ve often wondered why rugby is so different and why can’t it be like that at football stadiums?
Its because society's scumbags attach themselves to football in a much bigger way that any other sport. Its a more accessible sport to them with minimal cost compared to other sports. Its vastly higher profile and media coverage and wealth is enormous and growing.
I don' think its ever going to change.
The most civil football supporters I saw were in Ipswich and Norwich funnily enough. In the 90s the number of women attending football in East Anglia was superb. Not like the north where it was a "man's game". Times have changed on that front also at long last.