Trouble

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Cabanas Blue

Trouble

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:20 pm

Taken from TWTD .
About 100 Sheffield Wednesday youths with smoke bombs and their face covered have just kicked the sh*t out of about 30 of our fans (youths who were being lairy in response to the Wednesday fans waiting near the away end for a fight).

And now it’s happened again about 30 on 5. They’re just picking Ipswich fans out at this point. Some young lads just had his head stamped on in someone’s garden.

Suspect you’ll hear a lot about this on twitter and here tonight but there’s shirters on both sides getting caught up and women with their kids crying in the street. Coppers nowhere to be seen and it’s gone on 15 minutes ffs.

First time I’ve ever been relieved I’m not wearing Ipswich colours at an away game before. F**king animals and an embarrassment to their club.

A dampener on the day to be honest.

Cabanas Blue

Re: Trouble

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:32 pm

Senior moment I didn't see hallamblues post sorry 😞

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:35 pm

And people tell me they don't get the hatred !!! f**king really people, get your heads out of your arsenal, they are scum, I've witnessed it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:49 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:32 pm
Senior moment I didn't see hallamblues post sorry 😞
Lol I wouldn’t worry …. I do it all the time . I’m deaf as well as blind :lol: btw !! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:10 am

Can't recall SWFC ever possessing a hooligan element or fans having a ruckus. Sheffield United lay claim to The Blades Business Crew or something but thing is you never hear about their 'exploits' or any instance of notoriety.

Worth a look on the OwlsTalk forum as their fans categorically deny any involvement and suggest we were the belligerents. Hard to concur with what went on as wasn't there but I'll take our fans version of events over theirs.

Just can't comprehend any need for trouble between sets of supporters. There's no rivalry, there never has been, any animosity between sets of fans must have passed under the radar because as of today wasn't aware of any or such hostilities. Not sure what else to include on the issue other than some link of relevance.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... -the-game/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:28 am

Reading things this morning it's probably something and nothing and just ever so slightly over exaggerated.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:03 am

Yes, these things are always exaggerated. It leaves everyone else reading the reports not knowing who to believe.

But then 🤷‍♂️ ——>> that’s ALL the news these days.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:27 am

Shouldn't share this but hey. When all that sh*t started it was the Man U plastics led the way.

One day the News Of The World has this big splash on the back about can you identify these hooligans from the Stretford End?

Front and centre is Cyril. Always a halfwit, lived in Dovercourt. Lol.

Nothing much has changed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:22 pm

https://twitter.com/footbalifights/stat ... 2qKcDFOekg

Well that's one video of a Town fan being set upon by a mob

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:42 pm

They’re just bloody KIDS ffs ! Need a good kick up the arse, or if I’d been there, firmly in the nuts.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:32 pm

Horrendous. Got to hope that lad is ok today. Think the Police need heaps more funding.

Puts me in mind of the Cambridge United fan who was beaten up @ Southend and left in a wheelchair and unable to talk. Think he has since died, and was posted on this forum as part of a minutes applause at The Abbey. Totally unnecessary.
Get all these so called "hoods" rounded up and taken on a tour around the brain injury units of the country. It's a game of football FFS.

And the owner of that house? I bet their house price has plummeted. Who the hell wants that crap at their front door? Need more old school policemen on the street.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:42 pm

The thing that stands out for me is someone actually takes pleasure from recording the bloody thing. Obviously it carries on so hope the lad is OK.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:35 pm
And people tell me they don't get the hatred !!! f**king really people, get your heads out of your arsenal, they are scum, I've witnessed it.
Agree Mike, I've witnessed it at Hillsborough too, not just the trouble but how young they are, 13/14 yr olds in packs of 50 odd running wild,
goes back years with them, as you say just scum.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:28 pm

Should forward to to the Cops in Sheffield and to the football club. They would easily be able to ID a few of them if they could be bothered. A common assault charge, a hefty fine and a football ground banning order would soon slow that sort of behaviour down.

With such compelling evidence accepting it and doing nothing shouldn’t be an option.

One of my mates was beat up by a copper under the stand at Wolves in the late 60’s. Luckily he got the coppers number and there were witnesses and the copper subsequently went to court and received a prison sentence.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:23 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:28 pm
Should forward to to the Cops in Sheffield and to the football club. They would easily be able to ID a few of them if they could be bothered. A common assault charge, a hefty fine and a football ground banning order would soon slow that sort of behaviour down.

With such compelling evidence accepting it and doing nothing shouldn’t be an option.

One of my mates was beat up by a copper under the stand at Wolves in the late 60’s. Luckily he got the coppers number and there were witnesses and the copper subsequently went to court and received a prison sentence.
Don't remember this incident Andy, but not surprised at all especially with their treatment of the away fans, A lot of em are just thugs with a badge,
watched a load of unprovoked incidents at the Mol,

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:30 pm

Just reading the post with the video footage on, those fans are f'd now. South Yorks Police dealing and luckily some dumbfk has recorded it all so they have some faces now. Surely the club will have some fan details too.

So you chavvy little tea bags expect a knock on your door very soon.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Sheffield Wednesday have issued a statement tonight too.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:05 pm

Supporter conduct reminder

Following unacceptable incidents before and after our game against Ipswich Town on Saturday, the Owls issue a reminder on supporter conduct.

One individual defaced a banner belonging to fellow fans and was immediately ejected from the stadium. This individual is now subject to full club sanctions and potential legal action.

The club are also aware of disturbing and violent video footage circulated on social media following this fixture and advise anyone who can identify the culprits responsible to report directly to the police.

We condemn such actions in the strongest possible tone and distance ourselves completely from such behaviour, which undermines the club’s commitment to providing the safest possible environment for all supporters attending fixtures at Hillsborough.

We reiterate that any individual/s seen to be contravening EFL Ground Regulations will face immediate club sanctions and the full force of the law when necessary.

The EFL, Premier League, FA, FSA, PGMOL, LMA and PFA have come together this season to implement a series of measures to address behaviour across the game.

This includes new policies, procedures and regulations to eradicate unacceptable conduct, together with enhanced sanctions applied to anyone identified entering the pitch, using pyrotechnics, taking drugs to games, throwing objects/missiles towards the field of play or displaying discriminatory abuse.

The new measures build on the work launched last season to combat dangerous and illegal fan behaviour, supported by the ‘Love Football. Protect the Game’ football-wide campaign, to which Sheffield Wednesday absolutely adhere.

CLICK HERE for full details.

CLICK HERE to view the EFL Ground Regulations.

Thank you for your cooperation.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:43 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:30 pm
Just reading the post with the video footage on, those fans are f'd now. South Yorks Police dealing and luckily some dumbfk has recorded it all so they have some faces now. Surely the club will have some fan details too.

Trouble and violence seems to be rearing its ugly head again, it's been rife in parts of Europe recently
Would be a shame to return to those dark days of the 70s and 80s, again, It has been good going to matches and mixing with the opposition fans, (even Mike and Lis) :wink:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:08 pm

Maybe it’s never really gone away but we’re just oblivious to it in League One visiting grounds with only small numbers of fans.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:42 am

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Dazzz67 wrote:

Trouble and violence seems to be rearing its ugly head again, it's been rife in parts of Europe recently
Would be a shame to return to those dark days of the 70s and 80s, again, It has been good going to matches and mixing with the opposition fans, (even Mike and Lis) :wink:

lol, cheeky !! :lol:

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:23 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Dazzz67 wrote:

It’s actually become an organised event now in Europe. Usually done away from stadiums and pre planned large scale fights with set rules - quite crazy but they claim it’s ‘safer and away from the public’.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:20 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Dazzz67 wrote:

These Ipswich ultra's are after you now John

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:20 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Dazzz67 wrote:

These Ipswich ultra's are after you now John
I'm ready for them, they dont scare me Mike,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:11 pm

Be scared, Wolfie......... :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:11 pm