Ten Hag & Man Utd

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Ten Hag & Man Utd

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:49 am

I’m not sure TH is the right manager for ManU. It seems like he’s lost the locker room with his strict policies. I think intelligent managers can get away with that approach, but I don’t think the players are buying into it. Consequently, I think ManU need another manager who can instill confidence & pride. I know many of you love that ManU is struggling, but I would much rather the red side of Manchester do much more. They have represented England so many times over the years…I don’t like the downfall. Just opinion

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ten Hag & Man Utd

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:05 am

Personally I think the unsettled ownership is a bigger problem for than the team management. Leadership comes from the top and United are a rudderless ship. The Glazers need to bag their grubby cash and hand over to Jim Ratcliffe who is Britains richest man worth circa £30bn and our most successful businessmen who has a genuine interest in football. Not bad for a man brought up in a council house in Hull and started him company with £140k raised by remortgaging his home in 1992.

His Hotel & Restaurant in the New Forest isn’t bad either, at least it wasn’t the last time I went there albeit back in 2019.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:42 am

Agree, the club seems rotten / nobody succeeds there it seems.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:29 am

The last decent thing at that club left for Ipswich Town a couple of years ago. Ten Hag is probably the next best thing there, but the rest of the club is rotten.

The squad is full of a bunch on whinging whining little princesses, the recruitment has been the worst thing at the club by a country mile, they don't seem to understand that a player's personality is a huge part of what you should be looking for, where have the Milner and Henderson type players been at United? They have issues with the Tiktok generation with the likes of Pogba and Lingard whose laziness and poor attitude permeated through the squad, they bring in a past it narcissistic Ronaldo who became de facto manager, undermined everything Ole was trying to do and pushed him from the club, they can't bring up a young man like Greenwood properly and so lose a £100m talent for nothing. It's woeful, they take seasons upon seasons to plug the positions where they're actually having issues, you'd think they'd learn, but then they spend £85m on Antony, who I could see had issues just by looking at him and here we are again with his domestic violence allegations. It makes me angry, but frankly I should be smiling, as I hated them growing up, so they can lie in the bed they've made for themselves, I enjoyed Ronaldo spitting his dummy out and I hope Antony gets locked up.

That's my Monday therapy session done.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:59 am

Tbh it’s the players that are the problem ( just like they were at Town).

They need to recruit Paul Cook for a season so he can do a demolition job on them . Clear them out start again!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:03 am

Ricco wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:29 am
The last decent thing at that club left for Ipswich Town a couple of years ago. Ten Hag is probably the next best thing there, but the rest of the club is rotten.

The squad is full of a bunch on whinging whining little princesses, the recruitment has been the worst thing at the club by a country mile, they don't seem to understand that a player's personality is a huge part of what you should be looking for, where have the Milner and Henderson type players been at United? They have issues with the Tiktok generation with the likes of Pogba and Lingard whose laziness and poor attitude permeated through the squad, they bring in a past it narcissistic Ronaldo who became de facto manager, undermined everything Ole was trying to do and pushed him from the club, they can't bring up a young man like Greenwood properly and so lose a £100m talent for nothing. It's woeful, they take seasons upon seasons to plug the positions where they're actually having issues, you'd think they'd learn, but then they spend £85m on Antony, who I could see had issues just by looking at him and here we are again with his domestic violence allegations. It makes me angry, but frankly I should be smiling, as I hated them growing up, so they can lie in the bed they've made for themselves, I enjoyed Ronaldo spitting his dummy out and I hope Antony gets locked up.

Word perfect

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:07 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:59 am
They need to recruit Paul Cook for a season so he can do a demolition job on them . Clear them out start again!
I know you are not joking…….. but that is funny :lol:
Cookie @ Mevans’ Ipswich. 🤦‍♂️ Did all that really happen.

Ricco……. The Chapel doors are open. Come on in for a “calm down” cracker and some Ribena.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:43 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:07 am
hallamblue wrote:

Ricco……. The Chapel doors are open. Come on in for a “calm down” cracker and some Ribena.
With his Saudi wages, he'll be upgrading his Chapel to owning Vatican City soon!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:19 pm

Yeah, the ownership certainly needs to change in a hurry. And yes, the players are mostly to blame for poor performances and lack of consistency. I still don't think Ten Hag is the man for the job. Initially I thought he was the perfect choice, but I'm not impressed with his style of play or man management. He may well be successful at another team, but I feel ManU is a bit much for him to chew on. I don't see him lasting the season even with new ownership.

The fans are beginning to turn on Hag, and that is usually the beginning of the end.

Note: I never thought Ole should have been fired. He needed more time.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:58 pm

Didn't you say you secretly followed Liverpool as a youngster, 9? Are you just making forum conv with this, (which is great, superb)....., or do you genuinely give a sh*t about Manure? :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:58 pm
Didn't you say you secretly followed Liverpool as a youngster, 9? Are you just making forum conv with this, (which is great, superb)....., or do you genuinely give a sh*t about Manure? :lol:
Bloody hell, you have a good memory! :lol:

Yes you’re correct, the first team I supported as a child was indeed Liverpool. However, I loved the way ManU played under Sir Alex. Think about all of the fabulous players that played during his reign. You’ll be surprised, but my favourite players who wore the Red Devils shirt are George Best and Eric Cantona. Obviously, only the latter played under Ferguson. The last time I visited UK in the late 90s, I took my daughter to Old Trafford for a tour as we were visiting a friend of mine. I’ll never forget strolling through the trophy room in awe of all of their accomplishments & storied history. Yes they beat us 9-0, but we beat them 6-0. ManU, Liverpool and in my opinion ITFC are icons of English football.

Back on topic, if Ancelotti was available I think his experience with world class players could have been a good fit for MU.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:00 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:49 pm
marko69 wrote:

Yes you’re correct, the first team I supported as a child was indeed Liverpool. However, I loved the way ManU played under Sir Alex. Think about all of the fabulous players that played during his reign. You’ll be surprised, but my favourite players who wore the Red Devils shirt are George Best and Eric Cantona. Obviously, only the latter played under Ferguson. The last time I visited UK in the late 90s, I took my daughter to Old Trafford for a tour as we were visiting a friend of mine. I’ll never forget strolling through the trophy room in awe of all of their accomplishments & storied history. Yes they beat us 9-0, but we beat them 6-0. ManU, Liverpool and in my opinion ITFC are icons of English football.

Back on topic, if Ancelotti was available I think his experience with world class players could have been a good fit for MU.
Great stuff......, and yep, they definitely are.

I personally wouldn't have as much of a dislike for Manure if it wasn't for my brother-in-law.
"MY TEAM..... MY TEAM."
"You're from Winchester you fanny."

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:10 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:00 pm
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Great stuff......, and yep, they definitely are.

I personally wouldn't have as much of a dislike for Manure if it wasn't for my brother-in-law.
"MY TEAM..... MY TEAM."
"You're from Winchester you fanny."
It was actually around 2007 after my oldest graduated High school…getting old! Yeah well my brother who I haven’t spoke to in years is a ManU fan, but I won’t let that spoil it. :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol , no, I wasnt joking !! Snd yer those days seem Lightyears away now don’t they . It’s only when you look back on it that you can see just how bad things had got….

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:33 pm

number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

That’s coz he’s really an elephant 🐘… and they never forget ( apparently!!)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:33 pm
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

That’s coz he’s really an elephant 🐘… and they never forget ( apparently!!)
Haha cue the pink elephant in the forum…

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:08 am

They've not been the same when Alex Ferguson stepped down 10 years back. Haven't won the League or been Champions in that time. For a club name of that size and winning the damn thing near every time since the start of the EPL, it's kind of puzzling or bizarre but truth is they just appear lost since Alex left and a clear imitation of their former selves.

Hiring Moyes back in 2013 was the biggest mistake. Came on Ferguson's recommendations that he could succeed or a suitable replacement but it was set to fail from the beginning. Should have gone with a recognized continental name like Van Gaal, Hiddink or Ranieri, maybe Cappello but all nothing more than what's if and conjecture.

Solskjaer was given a chance in that's he's an icon of sorts and could walk on water around there but anyone with their head out their as* could see it were destined to fail. You can (those of a certain age) recall the 26 years they went without winning the League during the 1970's, 80's : could be that long again before they can (once more) call themselves Champions. One last time the club name was never the same since Alex retired / canceled involvement.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:31 pm
marko69 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol , no, I wasnt joking !! Snd yer those days seem Lightyears away now don’t they . It’s only when you look back on it that you can see just how bad things had got….
Well, 🤷‍♂️ me being the elephant man, Hallam…. They don't seem like lightyears ago to me, remember them like they were yesterday. :D 👍👌
To be honest, the only trunks in my house are the budgie smugglers in the pants drawer. 🐘🩲 :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:15 pm

Oh the vision !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:07 pm

Poor ole Erik is getting slaughtered by the press & former players. We’ll see where the penny drops after Bayern. Something tells me Kane (if playing) may have something to say also…in the form of a ball hitting the back of the net!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:01 pm

Had to look up ‘budgie smugglers’ lol! I love the Aussies!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:50 am

In England they’re known as Speedos …. Mike has a pair by all accounts and I bet he’s in them now on the sun deck in the Med somewhere! :mrgreen:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pm

Ricco wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:29 am

This is a great post, nailed it.
Couldn't agree more on Antony. There are many more like him also in other clubs.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:54 am

Yip totally agree.

I still reckon Paul Cook could do a wonderful “ demolition man” job for them and clear the overpaid, no, extortionately overpaid prima donas out of the club.

They need a complete reset.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:50 am

Being a dyed in the wool Liverpool man, Cookie would gladly go in there and …….. get them relegated intentionally. 👍

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:49 am

Now out of Europe altogether, can't even feature in Europa League / UEFA Cup to others, as fInished too far down their group they can't enter. Lost to Bayern Munich, won only 1 out of 6 Champions League games, all this after beaten by three goals to Bournemouth at Old Trafford few days back. It's a real mess.

Rooney can't do much worse at Birmingham since coming on board so why not fire Ten Hag's as* and allow the former player a chance, not as if he can do much worse damage than the other. He'd be idolized there after years spent and appearances made, give the kid the opportunity maybe.

Say one last time since Alex retired and took off they've never been the same. Brought in a succession of names that really were destined to fail from day one. Never had any real allegiance to them but got to say, it is a kind of shame.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:22 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:49 am
Rooney can't do much worse at Birmingham since coming on board so why not fire Ten Hag's as* and allow the former player a chance, not as if he can do much worse damage than the other.
Good grief AP, have you been celebrating Town's victory last night a little too hard?!

One of the biggest clubs in the world meets one of the worst managers in the world? Those who run United are a joke, but I don't think they're clinically insane :lol:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:27 pm

The new part owner likes Graham Potter according to Sky that's if they sack ten Hag.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 am

This guy is the most overrated manager in football! I’m tired of seeing his sad face. All those brilliant managers, and they decide to stick with him. Ten Hag the f*ck out please! No matter how you feel about ManU they deserve more than this useless c*ck!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:19 am

100% deserve him! :lol:

Bro-in-law decided to take the family to Old Trafford on Saturday……. With his best man flying in from Brazil with his wife for the occasion.

Cue Fulham! :lol: :lol: :lol: complete with late winner. Awesome.

Asked sister via the whatapp thingy…. “Well? How was it?”

Sister: “Disaster”

I did have the conv saying obviously the weekend itself was decent, nice meal out etc? ……. But nope. Bro in law is one of those guys who can change the atmosphere in a room due to a football result. Bellend.

Anyway…….. back on topic.,…. Ten Hag STAY for another Ten years. 👍👌