Championship - Ipswich Town vs Preston North End Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

2nd vs 3rd - A big test?

Ipswich Win
93%
Preston Win
No votes
Draw
7%

Total votes: 15

arana peligrosa

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Preston North End Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:26 pm

Just look at the goals in the team now. Not so far back we had a clear deficiency in attack, goals were tough to come by and we 'relied' on one or two players alone but now, hell there's so many goal alternatives and chances that can arise you got to say that alone will provide a real chance of promotion or at least making the top six by end of season.

We seem to concede too many at PR, for some reason the defense isn't as robust as away games. Maybe the players are under greater pressure to perform in front of a now bumper regular crowd but other than that the progress made during last 18 months / 2 years is beyond remarkable.

Not always sure how a team can go from a constant embarrassment /regular disaster into one able to challenge for tangible honors in such a relative short space of time. Sure it happens elsewhere but suppose it only takes on greater notice when it's actually your own.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 am

It's a bit like going back to the Joe Royle philosophy - you score 4, that's fine, we'll score 5.

Personally I'd much rather see us win by the odd goal or 2 in a high scoring match, rather than a dour 1-0

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:06 am

I agree, although the 1-0's at Wednesday, Southampton and QPR are priceless as we've been incapable of that in recent times.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:14 pm

At home we attack more leaving spaces at the back.
Away we seem to soak up the pressure and counter attack when we can .
A win is a win 4-3 or 1-0 but how many fans say 1-0 or 2-0 is still a very nervous times .
3 pts I will take any score.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:27 pm

I’m fine with 1nil, 2nil, 3nil, 4nil,…9nil as long as we win. It’s the 4-3, 4-2 that affect my metabolism, so I’d prefer not conceding so many goals. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:01 am

Another superb win from the lads. Unity in depth within this squad. Hard to believe (just yet) that L1 to EPL is a actual possibility on current form.
Quite unreal to see.
Long may the unbelievable season continue.
COYB’s 👍👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am

It is a possibility, I read this morning that no Championship club has ever taken 27 points from the first 11 games and not gone up, we have 28, the pressure is on KM now lol.