Palace link rubbish?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

JohnnyB

Palace link rubbish?

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:01 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswi ... eculation/

I know FLW is a stupid site where half the time they can't even spell correctly. But they keep banging on about this. Hopefully it is just speculation. To my mind, Town are just as big a club as Palace anyway (ground capacity, history etc) although yes Palace are established prem I guess.

4m would be a bargain in my estimation. Make it 100m

Cabanas Blue

Re: Palace link rubbish?

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:07 pm

As you say Palace are no bigger than Town and KMc has all he wants and is settled and happy in Suffolk.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:15 pm

Yes defo.

The manager transfer fee is weird tho. I had never heard of that before. But if it is a thing - which apparently it was when Potter moved from Brighton to Chelsea - then 4m seems absurdly low to me. What sort if player can a prem outfit sign for that? And the manager arguably makes a far greater impact than almost any individual player and will never get injured

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Absolute joke of an article. £4m for starters yeeeeeeh right!!! McKenna has to be the hottest manager in English football right now. If he's the difference between us going up and not, then he is worth hundreds of millions of pounds to us right now. Priceless. Only contract clauses would allow him to go and he's invested so much time and energy in to this team and squad, I'm pretty sure he'd want to see it through to a conclusion.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:30 pm

Thanks for the sane perspectives gents. I've just deleted FLW from my news browser. Tw*ts

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:37 pm

We're a far bigger club than they could ever claim to be. It's not even a contest, nothing close. Have they won the top league, F.A. Cup, Victory in European competition etc. Have they f*ck. Just before the start of the new EPL over 30 years back they were in fact a very good team with Steve Coppell, a sort of London version of Oldham Athletic around that time with promotions to the top league and Cup Final appearances. They put together quite an impressive team.

The price figure stated is derisory, he won't go to that particular club either as it doesn't present a proper challenge to his now abilities. If you look on their Holmsdale End fansite there may be an article or talk about it but they must realize it's not going to happen for them.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:10 am

Regarding the fee, I believe that a club can take any manager if it buys their contract out - so 4m will be the price of that.

In the same way if a club sacks a manager they have to pay up their contract - which I think stops if that manager then gets another job. I think we are actually still paying Lambert!

Pretty sure this is how it works.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:28 am

If and when KM leaves this club it’ll be to go to one of the big top 4 PL clubs and no one those. His pedigree stems from Man Utd and Spurs so he’s hardly looking for lower than that as a PL manager.

Of course we will be approached now : his stock has risen massively . But the owners snd Ashton and McKenna himself are no mugs. I’d be amazed if he walks away from this club now - he has only just begun and has everything he wants here and he will be a PL manager under this regime in the very near future.

Kieran McKenna is a very unusual and unique man in the game and he will know when is the right time to make that move , and it certainly isn’t now.

I can see Town upgrading his contract if they haven’t already made provisions in his recent newest contract, but I doubt that has been overlooked. Ashton / owners KNOW Kieran McKenna is the hottest property in the game. But leave for Palace ??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:03 am

For me it's a nothing story, that site has caught me out more than once.