Elkan 'Money Bags' Baggott

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ricco

Elkan 'Money Bags' Baggott

Post by Ricco » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:31 pm

I don't frequent the other forum and I have no friends, so I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but the amount of attention from Indonesia, particularly on youtube, is a bit bonkers, half the comments are asking "why mister Elkan Baggott not playing sir please?".

It's slightly bizarre, but generally harmless, however I did see that Town had made an interview with him, which you can only view if you buy a TownTV subscription thingy, I thought that was an Ashton move through and through, see an opportunity and monetise it! I do wonder if that was a nice little earner, and I do wonder what more the club could do to capitalise on it, after all, there are 280 million Indonesians on this planet, 5 for everyone in England, 2000 for everyone in Ipswich! That's a lot of potential shirt sales... £££

number 9

Re: Elkan 'Money Bags' Baggott

Post by number 9 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:34 pm

Maybe Ashton should hire you as his Marketing Director? :wink:

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:46 pm

There is no way on earth the average Indonesian could afford to buy an official football shirt at anything like even cost price of manufacture. They don't need to, though - South East Asian countries are masters of fake merchandise, and bloody good at it too.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:01 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:34 pm
Maybe Ashton should hire you as his Marketing Director? :wink:
Perhaps not, Rossi has already pissed on my idea :lol:

You should get down there and start selling some knock offs then Rossi, get me in for 5%. The average Brit can't afford to buy them either!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:17 pm

Baggott has got a phenomenal following on IG and they are often on FB commenting on him. Get this kid in the team and I would say shirt sales would rocket (your comments Rossi are noted)… I was saying to a friend only the other day if Ed Sheeran could include the Far East in one of his tours it’d make commercial sense.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm

Well according to Rossi’s global knowledge, no one could afford Sheeran’s ticket prices! :( :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:41 pm

I did, once …. Couldn’t see an effing thing lol 😂

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:56 pm

If anyone's planning a trip to Bali make sure you wear a ridgy-didge Baggott shirt.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:47 am

I'm often in Jakarta and have to agree with Rossi. Might have to take a Baggott Town shirt with me next time though, just for the craic.