Might Not Be

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Might Not Be

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:32 am

Around here too much in the next couple of weeks, good I hear you say!, as am in Colchester general hospital at the moment as had a mild heart attack on Wednesday. I knew all those 3-2 and 4-3 games weren’t good for my health! Anyhow, keep posting everyone so I can keep up with everything Town.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Might Not Be

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:41 am

Was sorry to hear this the other day Tony, hope you are on the mend and trust me despite what some will have you believe you are very much in the best place mate, let them do their stuff and we'll see you back on here and at Portman Road in no time. In my thoughts mate x

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:43 am

likewise Tony, take care mate.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:11 am

Take care - praying for a full recovery

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:25 am

Very best wishes for a full recovery. Look after yourself.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:45 am

I wish you well.

Frosty says I have to do your predictions if you kark it.

Cheers mate. Kia Kaha.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:54 am

Yes please if you don’t mind as I’m struggling just to post this as I’m wired up like the bionic man! :lol:

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:39 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:54 am
Yes please if you don’t mind as I’m struggling just to post this as I’m wired up like the bionic man! :lol:
If you can’t post buddy, I will have a chat to the PL mods about a possible solution.

(Involving Wellywood springs to mind :lol: :lol: )

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:41 am

All the best for a speedy recovery.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:44 pm

Sorry to learn of that news. Get out soon and back to participating once again OK

Maybe one or two names around here could drop by if in the vicinity and offer support and encouragement or something. We don't have a game for a week or two so forget all things Town for time being and concentrate only on being well and eventual recovery etc.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:24 pm

Get better soon Tony and I look forward to seeing you back at PR VERY soon. Take care munchkin xx

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:43 pm

Just echoing the sentiments of others by wishing you a full recovery.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm

All the very best, Shed, get well soon and out of there.

And don’t be like this “sweaty sock” here and get all “VAR angry” during the England v Italy game.
(You see McTominays goal get axed? 🤬)
Yes, it was correct…….. but point is, hooked up like Bionic Man ——>> NO VAR allowed ! :lol:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:37 pm

Get well soon Shed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:11 pm

Wishing you well Shed. It was a year ago this week I was in Intensive Care having been struck down with a nasty Cancer and am now in recovery. Hopefully a mild attack will be a walk in the park and you’ll be back at Portman Road in no time. I certainly hope so.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Wishing you well - take it easy and at least you timed it well with no game this weekend :)

Sending you good wishes

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm

And don’t be like this “sweaty sock” here and get all “VAR angry” during the England v Italy game.
Yes, it was correct…….. but point is, hooked up like Bionic Man ——>> NO VAR allowed ! :lol:
Correct ? Bloody hell Marko, they gave the decision for the wrong reason, lmfao, I don't even think it was correct, no bloody way would he have saved that, it's garbage

Sorry Tony, stay calm, don't read this lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:48 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm

Correct ? Bloody hell Marko, they gave the decision for the wrong reason, lmfao, I don't even think it was correct, no bloody way would he have saved that, it's garbage

Sorry Tony, stay calm, don't read this lol
Total agreement with you, especially in real time…… but after in depth analysis with ex Aberdeen / Scotland defender Willie Miller on the radio, it is definitely a foul on keeper from Hendry.
But 100%, keeper probably wasn’t getting McTominays freak shot. And foul or offside and the farce of not knowing what they’re checking needs sorted.
I just seem to struggle getting onboard with VAR. The amount of people that rave about it and have said the game is better. I’m missing it completely.

Back to the topic of Shed on Tour and hospitals and stuff……. Keep us updated regularly on here pleaae, Tony, you TIT!

………. Years ago, Shed in a post had said, “I’m a tit,” which I thought , “whit?”….. and then explained The Ipswich Town Supporters. (TITS)
First time hearing about “The Tits” & Toby from this forum going in drag to a Sheff Utd game @ Bramall Lane…… getting lost at the wrong end of the ground. :lol:
Great stuff 👍👌

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 am

GWS Shed, I'm sure you'll be up and back to normal in no time. I've witnessed recently just how knowledgeable and thorough docs and nurses are these days, they do amazing things.

Whether he's getting the shot or not is irrelevant, the question is on the foul, and it's not a foul.

As in the other thread, I'm a keeper and I think they should be protected when they're obstructed, but that keeper made zero effort to get round the man, he wasn't even going for the ball, he was standing off it waiting for a header. Its not a non contact sport, if he had been shoved hard, or If he had tried to get round, tried to fight his way past and was denied, then its different, but it's his fault for being soft and he didn't even appeal a foul!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:52 am

Yes, grey area, (or not in some cases) ……. The problem in this circumstance is exactly what Mikey Stewart said ——>> slo mo makes anything look worse than it is. In slo mo, its a CLEAR foul. In real time, its a light brush!

Millers argument was; light brush or not, its a foul. Was a decent debate.

And the whole thing took the shine off McToms amazing strike. VAR does need scrapped completely imo.

Urge someone to go start a VAR THREAD and it’ll get stickied……. Not good to discuss this in a minor heart attack thread. :shock:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:31 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Shed! Take care, mate!

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:51 pm

Adding my best wishes and speedy recovery to you

Like reading your posts Shed

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:56 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:32 am
Around here too much in the next couple of weeks, good I hear you say!, as am in Colchester general hospital at the moment as had a mild heart attack on Wednesday. I knew all those 3-2 and 4-3 games weren’t good for my health! Anyhow, keep posting everyone so I can keep up with everything Town.
Wishing you all the best Shed, hope you make a full recovery my friend.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:07 am

Just to let you know that after a long discussion with the cardiologist I managed to persuade him to let me come home as long as I follow his advice. This includes plenty of rest, no stress ( I didn’t mention that I will be watching ITFC live on Sky this coming Friday! :lol:) and if I get any further chest pain I call 999 immediately.
Lots of hospital appointments and GP visits coming up by the sound of things, starting with a CT scan tomorrow and angiogram in the near future. Just want to say a big, big thank you to you all for your kind messages and they are very much appreciated.
Marko, the other half says that she can confirm that I’m still very much a TIT! As Toby said the Sheffield trip was certainly one to remember.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:12 pm

:lol: @ your Mrs humour 👍👌

All the best, buddy….. keep following all the advice and your ticker with be tickety boo in no time . 👍👍👌

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:07 pm

I echo Marko's words, and stick to the advice from your doc's. best of health to you mate,

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:07 pm

Get better soon Shed, take it easy and you will be out before you know it, know time does drag in hospital when all you just want is to get home, chin up mate.