Brewing up a storm

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Brewing up a storm

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 am

I'm very doubtful the game will be on Friday evening judging by what I've been reading but to be honest I would rather it was postponed than play in monsoon like conditions cus that will only suit one team and it isn't us.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Brewing up a storm

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:14 pm

I hope you’re right as it clashes with Argentina v New Zealand which zi really don’t want to miss.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 am
I'm very doubtful the game will be on Friday evening judging by what I've been reading but to be honest I would rather it was postponed than play in monsoon like conditions cus that will only suit one team and it isn't us.
Yes the odd thing about this storm is the high winds are coming from the East ( really unusual), and likely to be freezing cold too.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:02 pm

Brits always seem to concern themselves over some weather, remember also a lot of prediction and forecast turns out nothing as expected. All right there's some maybe adverse conditions coming in from somewhere but still expect the game to go ahead as planned. The scots leagues and very most northern parts of England should or could take the worst hit but once again seems little to concern about. Don't think a rearranged game for us in Yorkshire will come to pass.

Years back the team played in bizarre conditions, snow, blizzards and hell knows what else and got a 3 - 0 victory from it. Last 5 or 6 years, McCarthy may have been manager possibly Hurst or Lambert. Whatever hits Rotherham in a few days can't be far worse than previous experience.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:12 pm

36mm of rain throughout the day pretty much non stop all day with gusting winds. Not ideal but a typical northern winter day. Unless the pitch is completely water logged it’s just gonna be one of those days.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Hopefully if its off, a decision is made in the A.M. ……, Can’t have travelling Ipswich Town fans up past Posh en-route and then its postponed. :evil:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:28 pm

I saw that they had done lots of work on the pitch before the seasons start so hopefully if it does go ahead it won't get waterlogged.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:49 pm

They've had issues with their pitch not too long ago so it could be an issue. My main concern is that our football is so advanced to theirs that all our advantage will be wiped out.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:18 pm

If it goes ahead it’ll be a complete lottery .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:19 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:02 pm
Brits always seem to concern themselves over some weather, remember also a lot of prediction and forecast turns out nothing as expected. All right there's some maybe adverse conditions coming in from somewhere but still expect the game to go ahead as planned. The scots leagues and very most northern parts of England should or could take the worst hit but once again seems little to concern about. Don't think a rearranged game for us in Yorkshire will come to pass.

Years back the team played in bizarre conditions, snow, blizzards and hell knows what else and got a 3 - 0 victory from it. Last 5 or 6 years, McCarthy may have been manager possibly Hurst or Lambert. Whatever hits Rotherham in a few days can't be far worse than previous experience.
I think it’s because our weather is so variable . You never know what you’re going to get and it changes over the day …. Unlike s lot of place which is the same day in day out