Championship - Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread (Postponed)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will the International break affect our momentum?

Rotherham Win
No votes
Ipswich Win
93%
Draw
7%

Total votes: 14

hallamblue

Re: Championship - Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:41 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:32 pm
Going to go against the majority view here.
Whilst I have sympathy for those who travelled, as many have pointed out, there has been a weather warning in place for awhile. Why would you even attempt to travel??? Common sense, self preservation, call it what you like, but surely you think, nah, it's not worth it.

Took me an hour to get from Thetford to Bury last night coming home from work. I'd had enough after that.
You are of course spot on . Severe weather warnings for I don’t know how long …. Advice of not to travel. It would have been madness to drive to Rotherham last night. I wouldn’t have done it ….

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:24 pm

As more information comes to light it would appear the Rotherham pitch was still classed as playable right up to kick off and the match would have survived had the River Don not burst its banks a few hours before kick off.

Given this is only the second time the river has flooded since 2007 and the first time since 2019 maybe the postponement was less likely than most of us predicted.

As others have eluded too there are times when we have to take responsibility for our own decisions and actions however nobody likes to buy tickets for an event and then miss it unnecessarily.

Maybe we were simply unlucky to have draw the worst possible Championship fixture of the weekend given all other games survived.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:35 am

mugen1 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:32 pm
Going to go against the majority view here.
Whilst I have sympathy for those who travelled, as many have pointed out, there has been a weather warning in place for awhile. Why would you even attempt to travel??? Common sense, self preservation, call it what you like, but surely you think, nah, it's not worth it.

Took me an hour to get from Thetford to Bury last night coming home from work. I'd had enough after that.
You took the words right out of my mouth! Can't believe the amount of fans moaning. I understand the desire to follow them home & away but sometimes its just not worth the risk to life & limb!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread (Postponed)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:09 am

Flaw in the system potentially, do people that bought away tickets still keep the points on their travel status?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread (Postponed)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:14 am

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=sharebar

Seems a lot are blaming Sky for the c*ck up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:49 am

No surprise there then … money grabbing tosses! Mind you, Rotherham could have says no to Sky money. Yer, right. The game has sold its soul to this company…