Nice piece on Mckenna

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Nice piece on Mckenna

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:44 am

BBC News - Kieran McKenna: How Mauricio Pochettino, university and a golf buggy have revitalised Ipswich Town
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67147609

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Nice piece on Mckenna

Post by TODD66 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:51 am

Beat me to it Mike!

Just read the very same. Nice little piece and just goes to confirm that our man is one of the best there is at the moment!

Steve

Re: Nice piece on Mckenna

Post by Steve » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:04 pm

High praise and well deserved.

I watched one of those podcasts earlier this week, one of the presenters said he called for Kieran to go after the Bristol Rovers result last season.
Really!, Just baffling, okay now he admits his judgement was way out

Kieran certainly taking management and coaching to a high and new level. I heard Neil Warnock when interviewed tell his then players when at Huddersfield Town not to get used to having days off if do well, for these new coaches will have you in twice a day, maybe three times.
Also watched another youtube channel with Sam Allardyce as co host. They had our old mate Mick McCarthy as gust where Mick and Sam both questioned how successful playing out from the back is. Both said they wouldn't allow it

Blimey, what ancient dinosaurs they are.

Thank you Kieran and all at our beloved Ipswich for bringing so much joy to tens of thousands and giving us our club back