Leicester City v Leeds United

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Leicester City v Leeds United

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:55 pm

Tonight it’s League leaders Leicester City v 3rd place Leeds United,what result for you would suit us best. For me I’d prefer a Leeds win but if we’re happy with promotion as runners up I guess a City win would be best.

It would be interesting to see how out thoughts differ.

Ricco

Re: Leicester City v Leeds United

Post by Ricco » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:11 pm

Definitely happy with 2nd place!! So hoping a Leicester win I guess. 4 or 5 red cards for Leeds would help the cause too.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:15 pm

I’d be happy with a draw. If Leeds win, that will definitely motivate them even more to overtake us. If Leicester win, they will increase the gap even more. A draw is better for us in both outcomes.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:26 pm

I'm watching and I would like a draw, when you look at both sides including the subs it makes you think how can Town compete with them but so far we are 👍👏👏

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:06 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:11 pm
Definitely happy with 2nd place!! So hoping a Leicester win I guess. 4 or 5 red cards for Leeds would help the cause too.
Exactly this!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:21 pm

Leeds up 1-0

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:29 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:21 pm
Leeds up 1-0
And they are the better side

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:50 pm

Leeds win worst result but 2 wins next 4 days and we're top !!!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:32 pm

If we are going up automatically this season then I want us to win the whole thing so a Leeds win works for me.

If both games happened on Saturday with a Town win we would be extactic hearing that Leicester had tripped up and we were back in touch with them.

Anyway. Long way to go and it won't be this weekend that will decide how it all plays out.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:58 pm

Leeds worry me more than Leicester to be honest.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:31 am

Looking at Leicester’s stats v Leeds compared to ours, we gave Leeds a much sterner game. I’m starting wonder if Leicester are actually being given far too much by way of accolade as to their promotion credentials and I’m starting to feel Town will be capable of beating them in December.

Stats :
Town v Leeds
On target 7 ( Leeds 7)
Off target 3 ( Leeds 2)

Leicester v Leeds
On target 1 (Leeds 6)
Off target 3 (Leeds 2)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:34 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:26 pm
I'm watching and I would like a draw, when you look at both sides including the subs it makes you think how can Town compete with them but so far we are 👍👏👏
Do you know what , this Town side and to some extent the ‘66 England side both managed by SAR have similar traits.

There are ( were ) no super stars in the side.
Every player understood their role in the team.
All the teams were close knit and played gif each other.

Just goes to show you don’t need a team full of so called super stars to win games.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am

December will tell all:

Homes - cov, erm..some team from Norfolk
Aways - Boro, Leeds, Leicester

If we're still top two after that, it doesn't matter how good or how expensive the squads of the teams relegated from the prem are, we're not budging.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:30 am

Yes December is pivotal and while it won't define our season it could go a long way to determining our position come May.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:31 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am
December will tell all:

Homes - cov, erm..some team from Norfolk
Aways - Boro, Leeds, Leicester

If we're still top two after that, it doesn't matter how good or how expensive the squads of the teams relegated from the prem are, we're not budging.
You'd have to fancy our chances what with the gap and games in hand.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:50 pm

Interesting views from leicester fans......
Going forward we are nowhere near as good as our start suggests. We don't create enough. Tonight really shown a lack of creativity from central midfield.
Deserved to lose that and if we are being honest, it's been coming.

Glad to get that 1 out the way. Never felt like we'd win this, it was just more important for Leeds, fair play to them in their cup final.

As for us. I think 3 relatively poor games in a row now, 2 of which our superior players saw us through. Not a fan of how deep the strikers are getting, seems to be even moreso recently.

Don't want to be too harsh, onto the next.
Can't win them all?! We were crap. Again! We'd ridden our luck for two games beforehand, and are starting to look jaded and predictable. Read the warning signs, and improve. Let's not kid ourselves that this is an outlier, nor that we've been at the level over recent weeks. If we're honest about it, and reappraise things, we'll be okay. If we shrug it off as ill-fortune, it'll get a lot worse.
I think we've been figured out to a certain degree now. Teams now know when to trigger the press and when to just let us play our silly walking football. We're becoming less and less effective.
Two best sides in the league, and it'll be a surprise if they aren't the two automatically promoted in the end. Frankly 13 wins in 14 probably flattered us a little, but there's no shame in losing a tight match to a strong opponent.
Disagree I think you will find Ipswich are equally as adept they don’t have the depth in squad however they are tactically coached fantastically and the team spirit and athleticism will match both us and Leeds - I would still keep an eye on Boro and think we will need to play at a higher level than we are doing to maintain an automatic spot

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:14 pm

No good worrying about what other teams do as at the end of the day we have to take care of our own business and see where we end up. A good point was made on Radio Suffolk the other night after the Fulham game when it was said that at the beginning of this season if we were told we would end up in 10th place a lot of fans would think that is quite acceptable for our first season back in the Championship. Now, if we end up in 10th place no doubt a lot of fans will regard it as failure.
What we must remember is that as we have been told on several occasions by both management and the owners, this is a project and the foundations are being laid as we can see.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Spot on 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:14 pm
No good worrying about what other teams do as at the end of the day we have to take care of our own business and see where we end up. A good point was made on Radio Suffolk the other night after the Fulham game when it was said that at the beginning of this season if we were told we would end up in 10th place a lot of fans would think that is quite acceptable for our first season back in the Championship. Now, if we end up in 10th place no doubt a lot of fans will regard it as failure.
What we must remember is that as we have been told on several occasions by both management and the owners, this is a project and the foundations are being laid as we can see.
Yes, absolutely spot on. Said something similar pre-season as I’d predicted mid table……., the words were, “whether the club RISE to mid-table or DROP to mid-table will decide the managements jobs.

Fans forget very quick. If the team starts sliding, you watch the “ITFC Bristol Rovers away day” fans start spouting wind & utter pish.