Brandon Williams

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Brandon Williams

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Just read this on social media albeit different from Kieran McKenna’s version.

“Hope I am wrong but was told Friday night that Williams has been a very naughty boy, he couldn't tell me what he had done as was sworn to secrecy. He has been sent back to Manchester & will not play for the club again. There are rumours of what his misdemeanours are & if true that will be it, hope the club is telling the truth & it is a bug as he has been a great signing since arriving”.

McKenna’s version;

…. from his interview post Swansea game.

......Full-back Brandon Williams was absent from the squad having missed the Birmingham game through illness and then having returned to the bench at Rotherham on Tuesday.

“He’s still ill, so he’s not been with us in the last few days, hopefully we’ll have him on Monday,” McKenna explained.

I sincerely hope the boss’s version is the hoses one.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Brandon Williams

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:21 pm

That would be a massive blow but as with most of these stories I tend to think it's rubbish, that said he is a bit of a sod by all accounts so who knows.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:45 pm

I had seen something along this line on Sat on twtd which was a tweet posted which just said
“ he’s gone”. Rumours seemed to connect that to his FB post taking the pee out of norwich fans….

Would seem to be a bit of an overreaction by the club if he’s been sent back just gif that. Thing is the post march interviewee never asked McKenna how Williams illness was or why he was missing .
But Wasn’t he in the at Rotherham but didn’t play? But then nowhere to be seen Saturday ….

We will be in trouble down that right side if he’s gone back to Utd, and I personally will be gutted and I’d go so far as to suggest it’d be a big hit to our promotion chances, be used without him we leak goals like a sieve down that right side.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:48 am

I think it’s bullshit. Probably started by a Budgie.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:37 am

I tend to agree but until we hear anything official it is just a tad unsettling

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 am

He hasn't got the cleanest record, so that doesn't help the rumours. The club will know about what is being said, so if it is rubbish I'd expect them to clear things up somehow, but that does mean the longer this goes on without word from the club, the more credit is given to the rumours.

It did seem weird to me that he wasn't about in the Swansea game, he had missed the previous game through illness (I think I'm right in saying that), but still made the bench, but the next game he was nowhere to be seen, and because it seemed Broadhead had caught something after him and recovered before him to start that game. Of course different people and maybe different illnesses, but for half a second I did go "Oh, that's interesting".

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:26 am

I thought the same Ricco, on the bench at Rotherham then nowhere to be seen Saturday, I suppose you can have a relapse but it still raises a few eyebrows for sure.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:52 am

I’m beginning to fear the worst now … pity it’s an international break as it’s usually quiet during that time club wise anyway ..

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:36 pm

I just find it hard to believe that something of this magnitude in sports could be kept quiet and away from the media, especially in this day and age.

If it does turn out to be true, then it will indeed be a massive blow and another defender of his quality will need to be addressed in the transfer window.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:10 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:36 pm
I just find it hard to believe that something of this magnitude in sports could be kept quiet and away from the media, especially in this day and age.
I think there is more pressure on press these days not to report rumours about serious situations as you can be sued to high heavens if they're wrong, or you don't have sufficient evidence. There may even be injunctions in many cases to delay reporting, it would be interesting to see if anything like that is common. Either way, I imagine it's in all those involved's interest to delay breaking news as long as they can, the longer you can delay it, the more prepared you are to spin it and answer all the associated questions. At the end of the day, he is a Manchester United player, and as such, any news is big news and worldwide news, and they probably have more lawyers than they do players...

I'm not saying that that is case here whatsoever, I really hope it's not, as it's obviously an area of the pitch where we struggle defensively.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:56 pm

My thoughts, if there is any truth in this rumour, is that the club would want to investigate fully any misdemeanor. Hence a delay in making any form of announcement. It would be unfair on Brandon himself to make any rash decisions! His parent club would need to be involved too I guess, and in recent years they've had more than enough experience dealing with allegations against their players!!
I commented in the Swansea match day thread that I found BW's exclusion from the squad a strange one. Is it a case of no smoke without fire? Perhaps there's a rational reason behind it, but I'm trying hard to think what! Could be any manner of things outside of the club. I guess it's all a waiting game

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:19 am

Some knob on the pink un (of which there are many) reckons Williams has been arrested but fails to say for what.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:29 am

This will explain why there’s a Media / club silence then. Not looking good is it !

And what are you doing on that sh*t forum ? :lol:
Last edited by hallamblue on Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:19 am
Some knob on the pink un (of which there are many) reckons Williams has been arrested but fails to say for what.
Yes, i read this too. Apparently its for cancelling his SKY subscription.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 am

:lol: I

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:07 pm

LOL well I have literally just been asked by a colleague at work who has no real interest in football "who's the player in the Ipswich squad who's failed a drugs test"
I'm not messing about, was genuinely just asked this, smoke and fire and all that, of course it could also be Chinese whispers as the stories grow and circulate.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:11 pm

Oh bugger…. That’s him finished here then. What a prat!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:36 pm

Well only if there's something in it but yes it would spell the end.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:05 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 am
Yes, i read this too. Apparently its for cancelling his SKY subscription.
Genius :lol:

Yes, that's the most credible rumour I'd clocked Mike, but also a few others and they can't all be true, which also makes it more likely that none of them are true! If it were that serious, then he wouldn't have been on the bench a week ago, or things have happened since then.

He's been a prat in the past (nitrous balloons in March for example, made illegal to own and supply 6 days ago coincidentally!), which makes it more likely that he's been a prat again, but also makes it more likely for attention seekers to want to make up rumours.

There was something on TWTD that was removed quickly, I don't know how much to read in to that, it's either the mods being overly cautious, or they know something is going on. There is another thread now with lots of fans saying they have reliable sources saying he is just ill move along.

It'll all come out in the wash, perhaps it's a good thing that there is a two week break, but whatever is going on, whether illness or otherwise, I think we need something from the club soon to confirm the situation so everyone can move on before it all gets any more Huw Edwards-ey :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 pm

Trouble with social media these days is that rumours can soon become virtual fact. There is little way of corroborating any story (unless from an official source) and some fake news can soon start gathering credence.

We all are perhaps guilty of jumping to conclusions. This is not surprising when you see an unwell player, suddenly back in the squad at Rotherham (therefore deemed fit enough to travel and if called on to play. Especially when we have JD as back up in that position) before being omitted from the next match day squad.

So with that in mind what positives can we possibly summise?
- KM tends to select less defensive players for home games.
- If BW was unwell still surely JD would've been named as a sub (if that was an option KM had in mind)?
- Tuanzebe was named on the bench and even Burns could have been played if Clarke had to come off.
- Why should the club update us further (with no fixtures coming up very soon) when they have told us there is already 'illness in the camp" (even if names, other than Broadhead, i believe, have not been mentioned.

Of course. I, like others, have been hooked by this story. I've checked out several ManU forums and there's no mention. This is one of the biggest supported clubs in the world and I'm sure there'd have been some mention, sighting or something, even if BW isn't exactly a big name there.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:25 pm

Spot on, can't argue with any of that, but the new TWTD thread has been locked now, things don't feel right to me, but when it comes to facts, that means absolutely bugger all.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm

Just went on the EADT site and the first words I saw of the lead headline was "Press conference". My heart sank initially, but all it is is KM talking about Omari Hutchinson. I assume this is a regular Press Conference, is it one that is taking place today/currently? If so perhaps we will get further updates?

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 pm

Think we best just wait to hear, all this speculation does not help him or us.

If it is that he is just ill, I hope it is nothing too serious and he gets better soon.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pm

Well Brandon is standing in the photo taken at the club yesterday for "Odd socks day". Between Aluko & Hutchinson. 😊

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/570107/mus ... %80%A6./#0

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:33 pm

That's good news and kinda suggests all the rumours are without foundation

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:41 pm

Great news he will be needed that's for sure.👏👏

The bad news is Woolfenden has gone blonde again 😂
Last edited by Cabanas Blue on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:44 pm

He needs to pull his socks up

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:29 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a photoshop, don't let the illuminati fool you, keep those tin hats on.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:29 pm
I'm pretty sure it's a photoshop, don't let the illuminati fool you, keep those tin hats on.
Photo is on official ITFC Facebook page too.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:43 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:35 pm
Ricco wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:29 pm
Photo is on official ITFC Facebook page too.
They're in on it too? sh*t. Who can we trust these days?