Brandon Williams

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

Re: Brandon Williams

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:04 pm

Read through this piece maybe two, three times and can't quite work out what the f*ck the issue is here. Too many deviating paths leading away from any truth or what would appear fact rather than conjecture.

Best you could ascertain, (began with) Williams made some remark on some faceless media page, somebody took offense and toys came out the stroller. Age we live in now, it's a damn pity but nothing new. After that, the road to truth took on too many twists and turns to maybe care or discover who or what were in the wrong.

Suppose the kid did upset some people by way of berating another club or finding fun in their misfortune, it hardly warrants any disciplinary action from the manager or our team set-up. What they going do, terminate his contract because of some such indiscretion. Surely not

Don't keep up with all playing personnel we got like some others but seems Williams has been prone to some unsavory incidents throughout a career. Maybe minor things, maybe they were more damaging, but point being some can argue it doesn't set a very good example.

Guess all told it's an issue involving his previous employers where they want him back, on loan after all. Only been with us a short time, hardly featured. This story would hold more intrigue if it were a long-serving established member of the squad with years of first team experience, not someone we took on board since five minutes or something. Hard or even unnecessary to add much more to it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:01 pm

My friend who lives in Manchester told me just now that BW has been in Manchester for SB Charltons funeral! So maybe that’s where he’s been?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:42 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:04 pm
Read through this piece maybe two, three times and can't quite work out what the f*ck the issue is here. Too many deviating paths leading away from any truth or what would appear fact rather than conjecture.

Best you could ascertain, (began with) Williams made some remark on some faceless media page, somebody took offense and toys came out the stroller. Age we live in now, it's a damn pity but nothing new. After that, the road to truth took on too many twists and turns to maybe care or discover who or what were in the wrong.

Suppose the kid did upset some people by way of berating another club or finding fun in their misfortune, it hardly warrants any disciplinary action from the manager or our team set-up. What they going do, terminate his contract because of some such indiscretion. Surely not

Don't keep up with all playing personnel we got like some others but seems Williams has been prone to some unsavory incidents throughout a career. Maybe minor things, maybe they were more damaging, but point being some can argue it doesn't set a very good example.

Guess all told it's an issue involving his previous employers where they want him back, on loan after all. Only been with us a short time, hardly featured. This story would hold more intrigue if it were a long-serving established member of the squad with years of first team experience, not someone we took on board since five minutes or something. Hard or even unnecessary to add much more to it.
Another superb post, Saint……. Must admit I do laugh out loud at your wording at times.

And to be honest, the part in blue has exactly been my thoughts around this whole thing —->> who gives a monkeys.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:39 am

The thing is, as we all know one bad Apple can most definitely rot the whole barrell, we have something really good going here and the close knit squad is very much a big part of that, add to that Williams has become an integral part of our team in a very small space of time so tbh I definitely do give a damn if there is something in this story/rumour, his past hardly lends itself to thinking otherwise. Hopefully though on this occasion I hope it is nothing more than idle chit chat.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:41 am

Do get that, but todays “ways” of getting to truth are so so wrong and it’ll never be sorted due to Fkfacebook and other media outlets. Too many people with too much time on their hands creating “stuff”.

In this instance, there will be rumour believers thinking the absolute worst case scenario, then a day later, the lad is pictured in a joke sock pic. 🤷‍♂️. Its not right.

But i do get that twats unsettle things, ie, Chopra, Bullard etc etc.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:39 am
The thing is, as we all know one bad Apple can most definitely rot the whole barrell, we have something really good going here and the close knit squad is very much a big part of that, add to that Williams has become an integral part of our team in a very small space of time so tbh I definitely do give a damn if there is something in this story/rumour, his past hardly lends itself to thinking otherwise. Hopefully though on this occasion I hope it is nothing more than idle chit chat.
Agree. Williams has been one of the biggest signings since we were promoted, and his loss would be significant.

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:41 pm

Brandon williams is a solid defender, will be a massive loss if he's leaving us,just hope it's just a load of nonsense, this talk of him being naughty.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:13 pm

Available for selection tomorrow. So all the negative rumours are what we thought they were BS. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:47 pm

Wait till he trots out with dreadlocks and Red, Gold & Green boots man !!!!!

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Great news,probably all started by a budgie troll.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:19 pm

So what are the latest rumours on this guy? Is it gambling debts now?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:19 pm

From what I've heard he is actually Delia's 48 year old Nigerian grandson, who is working for her as a mole to pay off his gambling debts, whilst also running County line drug deals throughout Sulfolk and Norfolk using local kids and squirrels. He's failed multiple drugs test while at Town, but because he was born a woman they can't actually ban him as it would be a public relations nightmare, partly because they don't know which pronoun to use in the press release, but also because he identifies as innocent. And he's been seen talking to the local sheep with no shoes on... but that's just what I've heard?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:31 pm

:lol:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:03 pm

Hopefully all the rumours are rubbish as we know before Town sign any player they look very carefully into the players lifestyle etc but KMc knew him from his Man U days, he certainly did not play very well in his last appearance.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:31 pm
Why you laughing? You suggested "heavies" had turned up at the training ground. Please explain your information 🤷‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:22 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:31 pm
Why you laughing? You suggested "heavies" had turned up at the training ground. Please explain your information 🤷‍♂️
What's it got to do with you that I am laughing? Yep f*ck all, the last time you hung around here you were a bit of a tit so don't start again.

FWiW I haven't "suggested" anything, I merely divulged something I was told, it is a forum after all, I actually said it could well be nothing more than a rumour if you read it correctly.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Nice, thanks for clearing that up in such a eloquent way. So it's BS. Why mention it if there are know facts? 🤷‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:22 pm

Who says it's BS ? It may well be but who knows, if everything has to be facts there wouldn't be an awful lot discussed on here really. Why have you removed your sarcastic post aimed at HallamBlue by the way ?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:22 pm
Who says it's BS ? It may well be but who knows, if everything has to be facts there wouldn't be an awful lot discussed on here really. Why have you removed your sarcastic post aimed at HallamBlue by the way ?
I don’t know about anyone else, but I want to hear the rumours. It’s a forum not a newspaper, even though the media doesn’t base anything on facts anymore anyway.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:01 pm

Truth vs rumour and social media scuttle but…….yawn!

Williams IS a good player, who should improve our squad, and give KM a bit of in depth quality. Would assume much was known about the player’s personality and ‘history’ before he was brought in by KM/MA; both have stated how important conducting thorough due diligence is before anyone joins the squad. Assume that would have been true for BW.

If, however, his conduct had fallen below the club’s highest standards - currently unknown or unproven - then he’s breached his employment contract and should be shot at dawn very day for a week!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 pm

If he’s done something significantly naughty I can’t believe he’d still be at the club though.

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:00 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 pm
If he’s done something significantly naughty I can’t believe he’d still be at the club though.
Agree! Zero tolerance or risk to squad harmony. Of course, if he’s been really naughty he might find himself in a slightly different, more restrictive, environment altogether! Seriously doubt it, though.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:09 pm

lol :lol: I’ve worked in Those type of environments- not good for your health I can tell you!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:01 pm

Too much ambiguity. Seems like something of a riddle. What I can't understand (being) whatever Williams has done wrong or placed himself in jeopardy why can't those who go to the games regular or even meet the staff and club personnel (Loud and Proud for instance) provide insight or the correct explanation as to what the issue is here. What is it some kind of secret or need to know information. Have the club even issued a statement or maybe the issue doesn't warrant that kind of attention.

Not really desperate to find out just kind of frustrated it's sort of dragging on and you can't get an answer from what should be a simple query or news item. Unless of course Williams has done something really reprehensible and it can't be known or discussed but somehow think that really isn't an option. Why not just disclose any damn information and we can move on, may have mentioned it once before, but if it's still ongoing it can only raise the relevance of people wanting answers.

Defense is one area of the team not always up on, can recognize midfield and attack much more clearly, goalkeepers with it. People say Williams is a valuable asset to the team in his natural position and I won't dispute. Can't really criticize players in that particular area that (I) don't share the same knowledge as with others in the team but final time just kind of wish for the issue of reprimands and (whatever he's supposed to have done) to be cleared up and resolved once and for all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:11 am

I don’t think LoudnProud even goes to watch the team anymore …. Hasn’t done so for several years now. I’m also not sure how much real interaction he ever had with ITFC staff lol!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:11 am
I don’t think LoudnProud even goes to watch the team anymore …. Hasn’t done so for several years now. I’m also not sure how much real interaction he ever had with ITFC staff lol!
Liz, I've wondered about Dave's whereabouts as well I believe he just keeps a low profile these days, he had his own Taxi business, but the last time I saw Dave was when we all went to the Fortuna Dusseldorf game a few years back, I take it he still goes to games would be nice for him to come on here and chat to us all

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:20 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:10 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:11 am
Liz, I've wondered about Dave's whereabouts as well I believe he just keeps a low profile these days, he had his own Taxi business, but the last time I saw Dave was when we all went to the Fortuna Dusseldorf game a few years back, I take it he still goes to games would be nice for him to come on here and chat to us all
I actually saw him the last time that the Fortuna fans were here. It was outside the Cobbold stand and he was just with one of their fans.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:11 pm

Did you? Yes he would come for that game because he’s friends with one of two of those German fans, (Freddie ) and He went over to Germany when we first started to get friendly with their fans. So him being here for that game wouldnt surprise me. How long ago was that game AM?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:36 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:11 pm
Did you? Yes he would come for that game because he’s friends with one of two of those German fans, (Freddie ) and He went over to Germany when we first started to get friendly with their fans. So him being here for that game wouldnt surprise me. How long ago was that game AM?
Have found the post, it was the Plymouth home game last season
AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:01 am
Was good to see the Fortuna Dusseldorf fans there en-masse. It is nice that they continue to come in their numbers, I believe about 100 of them were over this weekend and I managed to chat to a couple of them as they were in Cobbold A block.

Also saw LoudnProud, who was there with them - another missed member on this forum (not active since 2020). He is one of the few forum members I have had the pleasure to meet, the first time when a group of us met up at PR, probably about 15 years ago.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:23 pm

Ah well he is still about then :lol: 👍… he used to stand behind me n Mike in SBRL, but like I say I’ve not seen him there for years now.