Championship - West Bromwich Albion vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Slow out the blocks after an International break?

WBA Win
11%
Ipswich Win
39%
Draw
50%

Total votes: 18

patthegimp

Re: Championship - West Bromwich Albion vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by patthegimp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:26 pm

Watching on Sky. WBA are playing very well and have been well coached in how to play us and they've been very successful so far. However I believe KMK will readjust some things and hopefully we'll have a very productive 2nd half. (I hope)

Cabanas Blue

Re: Championship - West Bromwich Albion vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:27 pm

Well that was very enjoyable if your a West Brom supporter the manager has done a good job for them let's hope KMc can turn this around, Chaplin has hardly had a kick Hirst and Broadhead poor and the defence is poor apart from that 🤔

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:28 pm

45 minutes of complete and utter dross from us, not a single effort on goal, I haven't fancied this game all week and I can see why.

I know we can't perform every week but over half of them could at least look like they give a sh*t, Hladky, Davis, Williams, Morsy and Taylor ok but the rest look embarrassing, Broadhead has been nothing short of disgraceful, we just have no pace or momentum, our passing safe or wasted, balls over the top continually overhit and when we get it right we're bloody offside, it's just been terrible.

It can only be better second half, hopefully a couple of early changes will improve it. West Brom have done ok but they aren't world beaters although we've made them look good at times, they just have more purpose going forward and they are dropping off and defending well when needed to. A draw would be a hell of a result, I don't see it happening.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:32 pm

Bedwetters out again. Playing away from home, and apart from a scrappy goal from a free kick we've been the better team. Roll on second half, 3-1 town

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:33 pm

Just wanted to check what was going on. Not pleased about being behind, not only that some replies suggest we're not playing like we can and something of a lousy performance. Kind of wonder had it been different had we continued straight after the Swansea victory and not missed two weeks due to horseshit internationals. We can't afford to drop 3 points what with Leicester winning and all that.

They're playing the same squad formation as ourselves or something. We've been caught out before when opposition teams have copied us. Maybe McKenna needs to change some things before the game continues much further.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:33 pm

Davis at fault for the goal but really from there, a defender should have been able to block it.
Front 4 can’t get in the game, Burns is the only one I’d them to have seen anything if the ball. West Brom play a very high back line which is squeezing play and giving us little space. The ball over the top is the most likely way back.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:34 pm

Sorry Mike I think we are the better side it's just Wolfie holds that ball a tad too long and invites trouble he's a little too laid back, we need Axel at the back and bring on Harness for Burns who is not up to speed just yet, and Luongo, and if Hirst keeps getting offside bring on Scarlett, but we are still in it and just needs that goal to get things going, just keep pressing and it will come.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:37 pm

Can't really fault anyone for that goal.It was a wicked corner and a superb directed header

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:39 pm

No midfield presence .

Game over!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:39 pm

I think we all knew we were in for a tough time tonigh .. holy sh*t ! ⚽️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:40 pm

If anyone seriously thinks we were the better side I'm sorry you need help.

Oh look 0-2 ripped apart

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:40 pm

At least my 2-2 prediction is stil on 👍

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:40 pm

Caught out from our own corner

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:41 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:32 pm
Bedwetters out again. Playing away from home, and apart from a scrappy goal from a free kick we've been the better team. Roll on second half, 3-1 town
WBA didn’t most if the first half just sitting back ALLOWING us to have the ball. Better side my arse ….. oooo look 2-0 now!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:42 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:40 pm
Caught out from our own corner
Taylor a bit of a luxury tonight imho . Morsy doing the holding job all on his own. I’d have Massimo on at half time . Midfield been non existent all night.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Get the pampers out
Last edited by ipswichtownNo1 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm

That was nearly game over.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:45 pm

2 - 0 now ? What the hell ? Really thought we'd take something from today. Can't or won't castigate the players (just yet) as unsure just how we're playing other than random posts. We could be really trying out there and unfortunate to be two goals behind. But really, this isn't very good.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm

I do like Jack Taylor but we don’t look anywhere near the team we are with Morsy and Luongo playing together through the middle.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:47 pm

We must be getting close to a McKenna triple substitution.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:52 pm

I can’t recall 60 mins without a shot on target all season. ☹️

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Two good changes based on what we’ve seen so far.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Still no shot on target and SIX touches in their box, just not us tonight.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:03 pm

I think our great start has made us think we can beat everyone. Today we are being beaten by a better team. Two poor goals but we haven’t created. It’s hard to pick out a player who has done well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:03 pm

But apparently its get the pampers out LOL!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:08 pm

Always a few odd results after the International break as some teams lose momentum whilst others put things right. Tonight I think we see examples of both and for me WBA deserve as much credit as we deserve criticism.

Whilst I guess we still have time to rescue something out of this as Cardiff did at Preston scoring two goals in added time (90+6 and 90+9), it’s looking highly unlikely.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:12 pm

I don’t think we have been that great since the last international break really. I don’t think it has been promotion form.
So… Will Morsy pick up his 10th yellow so he misses the Norwich game? Or will he survive long enough to miss the Leicester match?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 pm

We can't do it every week but this performance just isn't us, they've totally stifled us and we have no answer, second best from the first minute.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:21 pm

Best team we've played this season in my opinion

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:26 pm

You will see w.brom play a few crap teams and let in goals and play dross.every one is going to raise their game 1000 per cent. Against us ..let's jst leave this behind us and a wake up call and batter Millwall mid week .