Championship - Ipswich Town vs Millwall FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

It's how we respond to Saturdays defeat right?

Ipswich Win
87%
Millwall Win
No votes
Draw
13%

Total votes: 15

ashfordblue

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Millwall FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:41 pm

Watched the match on the Sky and was very impressed with the way we controlled the first half against a poor Millwall it should have been more than 3-0 at halftime
I loved the combination of Tuanzebe and Burgess this is an excellent pairing Axel was a class act, so Wolfie will have one hell of a job getting back in the team.
I hope Wolfie took note of how Axel and Burgess defended with more purpose we certainly looked more positive in defence, with no farting around like he does.
So the same team on Saturday against Coventry unless Brandon is available again

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:28 am
I still think Leicester could well miss out on the Automatics tbh

Here’s a couple of my nephews WhatsApp messages last night. First talking about the Boxing Day game, … and the second his take on City at Sheff Wed last night.

Could be a huge game… we look terrible at the minute again

Went up to Sheff last night

Although he lives in London he goes to every game home and away and has done even when they were in League one.

He goes to every England game too home and away. A real football nutcase.

Like most of my Leicester City mates they all think they’re rubbish and can’t believe their League position

I’m just hoping they come unstuck at WBA Saturday lunchtime. but even if they drop a point we’d have a huge incentive to beat Coventry to go top of the table.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:00 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:41 pm
Watched the match on the Sky and was very impressed with the way we controlled the first half against a poor Millwall it should have been more than 3-0 at halftime
I loved the combination of Tuanzebe and Burgess this is an excellent pairing Axel was a class act, so Wolfie will have one hell of a job getting back in the team.
I hope Wolfie took note of how Axel and Burgess defended with more purpose we certainly looked more positive in defence, with no farting around like he does.
So the same team on Saturday against Coventry unless Brandon is available again
I would be surprised to see an unchanged team just 3 days later.