The natives are getting restless ….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

The natives are getting restless ….

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:45 pm

I think she’s done an interview this week which doesn’t sound great for their club tbh …
Clive Baker ( ex Town keeper but now an accountant) also paints a bleak picture for them ……

I don't even think she's Championship level now in terms of depth of her pockets. She can't even fund the sort of losses Evans used to. Their recent 'success' and receipt of PL/parachute money is the reason she's been able to be there that long. It feels like it is all about to come crashing down.
[Post edited 1 Dec 10:40]

That's probably true. Must be hard to acknowledge that fact when it's been your club for so long, but to sustain multi million £ losses each year isn't easy.

The future outlook does look bleak for them without investment. I read through their accounts just out of interest as much as anything else. I'm an accountant, I enjoy that sort of stuff. They're so highly leveraged (albeit the lions share isn't external debt) and their future revenues are due to drop materially when their parachute money ends this summer. Relative to their cost base it's a frightening hole they're staring into, they'll have to make some huge cuts and hope to get some decent fees for their bigger ticket players. Even then they wont be able to operate at anything close to breaking even I wouldn't think.

It's not uncommon, which makes it even more mind boggling, and we've been there ourselves of course. But what a mad world when clubs are losing £20m a season to finish 15th in the Championship, all clinging on to that PL dream.

From the EDP24:

Delia Smith stoked the social media fire when she said '10-20 per cent' of Norwich City fans were 'whingers'.

City's joint majority shareholder was speaking at the club's AGM on Thursday and while she said she 'loved them all', her comments haven't gone down well with some supports.

Here's a selection the social media posts that followed...

It's not that difficult and the same at every club, if your terrible you get booed, if you play well you get cheered, if you play exceptionally well you get remembered! If you can't take criticism you're in the wrong business !
— @DHucks6

I adore Delia and everything she has done for this club. However, her comments are heartbreaking. I know lots of fans are very angry at the moment, but it all just feels so sad to me. #ncfc — @MasterPurdy
Delusional. Disrespectful. Dangerous. 20% are not “whingers” but also want the best for their club. Of the 80% of Delia’s “good” supporters I suspect half are apathetic and could just walk. They are the dangerous ones — @JohnGordonSaker
Runjaic: We have great fans | I don't...
Fluid logo

Oh Delia, you're not doing yourself any favours. You've done a lot of good, don't sour it at the end please — @JamesShreeve
Pity Delia can’t be a bit more positive. Depressing habit now of blaming fans rather than looking at the whole culture. Those players on Tuesday didn’t want to be there, no pride, motivation or energy. Everything has to change from top down — @RCNorwich

I’ve always loved Delia + what she’s done for us but she’s very out of touch now. Every club has whingers but, in reality, 80% of the fans are rightly disappointed by the current condition of the club, the lack of awareness from the board + most importantly, the league position — @knockemdownes

Never pick a fight with the fans, Delia. Bad idea - @Gary_Gowers
I feel like there is a big problem between Delia and Michael calling themselves ‘owners’, ‘custodians’ or ‘fans’ whenever it suits the narrative they fancy at the time. And I don’t think they used to do it. It feels like they have got a whole lot more defensive lately — @SteNCFC

Her attack was unbelievable. None so blind as those who can’t see. Can’t they see the chaos on the pitch. Wagner may be a nice guy but he sure as hell isn’t up to coaching and setting up a team in the Champo — @Brundallbaz

I’ll always be a Norwich fan, it’s my city, my home and with that, it’s my club. But, I’m embarrassed, disillusioned, upset and angry about how the board are handling our current demise. We’re being laughed at on and off the pitch. Very sad times — @_CarlMann

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: The natives are getting restless ….

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:32 pm

After years of reading the sh*te, bile, cockiness and arrogance, much of which has been aimed at us I genuinely hope they crash and burn, the further they fall the better.

To think of all the abuse, accusations and delirium over Marcus Evans (the gun runner, as they put it) and how he was going to asset strip our club and leave us for dead I find it hilarious how he left us debt free while their fantastic out of touch owners were lauding it while racking in the parachute payments have run them into a chasm of poverty and hardship, its negligence at its best. The carrot crunching, six fingered inbreds deserve all they get, now feel some of what we've been through, f**king hate them with a passion. You deserve all you get. The pride of Anglia are back where we belong, whether we beat them or not is irrelevant, the Two respective clubs are going in completely different directions.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Mike from the above post I'm assuming you haven't bought any of Delias cook books yet? 🤔🫢🤣🤣.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm

I’ve got him one for Christmas :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 pm

:lol: :lol:
I kept it civil.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:05 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:08 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm
Mike from the above post I'm assuming you haven't bought any of Delias cook books yet? 🤔🫢🤣🤣.
:lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:58 pm
:lol: :lol:
I kept it civil.
:mrgreen: Xx

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:52 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:08 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm
:lol:
The recipes are a bit salty for me