Sky sports news

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Cabanas Blue

Sky sports news

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:07 pm

Sky sign a new 4 year deal from 2025 and are going to show 4 premier league a week and at least 215 games a season.
Bad news IMO.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Sky sports news

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:37 pm

Absolutely bad news, its just saturation now.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:53 pm

To be honest mate there’s even too much for me now. I’m quite happy watching Town every game plus one Premier League game usually on a Sunday at 5.30. I’ll also watch one Champions League game midweek once we get to the last 16 but after that it’s me done.

All I can say though is that when I was really ill for 6 months it was a godsend, so I guess for anyone unfortunate enough to have nothing else to do it’s fabulous entertainment especially for those of us who love sport.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:06 pm

OMG I’ve just seen the figures involved;

“Premier League agrees record £6.7bn domestic TV rights deal”

Let’s hope & pray we get promoted a share a slice of the cake as the gulf between the Premier League and The Championship will just get wider. At least it’s within our sights and I’m sure we’d all get used to it. I know not everyone agrees but I’d just love to see us have a crack at playing at the highest level again which is something I never thought would happen in my life time and pre Gamechanger and Kieran McKenna’s arrival it was never likely to.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 pm

If Ipswich Town could become a “Crystal Palace” then im sure Gamechanger will see it as “job done” ……. Regular massive income.
And yes, its in the clubs sights now…….. no Mevans , Lamberts or League Ones!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:50 pm

problem is when Town do get promoted to PL ...it'll potential price out many Town fans from going to games. The rise if Ticket prices not to mention ST prices will be exponential. I dread to think what it will be .
I was speaking to an Arsenal fan last week. He "borrows" his friends ST occs as cant afford one himself . When he manages to get a match day ticket , its £96 and the seat is up in the Gods so cant see very well. If he gets a seat half way down the stand its £169 ...for one game, and that's likely to be a 3rd rated game. Utter madness. "Thanks" Sky!

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:50 pm
problem is when Town do get promoted to PL ...it'll potential price out many Town fans from going to games. The rise if Ticket prices not to mention ST prices will be exponential. I dread to think what it will be .
I was speaking to an Arsenal fan last week. He "borrows" his friends ST occs as cant afford one himself . When he manages to get a match day ticket , its £96 and the seat is up in the Gods so cant see very well. If he gets a seat half way down the stand its £169 ...for one game, and that's likely to be a 3rd rated game. Utter madness. "Thanks" Sky!
Really not sure it would be the case, compared to tv money the ticket money isn’t a big factor for clubs, maybe 35-50 for a match when we are in the Prem.

What are the average prices for non top six clubs?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:20 pm

Good question there…. I’d just assumed that all PL clubs would be looking for a big hike on ST prices and match day ticket prices tbh.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:46 pm

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/premier ... 347bd1c830

Differs by club and probably a some are more expensive than I expected - but you’d have to compare us to the less established teams I’d imagine.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:27 pm

Interesting that guide has the Arsenal price range between £28-£103 for match ticket when the roofer I was speaking to said he’d pay £96 for a seat in the gods yet half way down the stadium ( in terms of closer to the pitch ), was £169 (so not the best seats or cat A game), but still eye watering!

So guess these price ranges are just a guesstimate really. But gives you some idea .

Tbh I could see Town ST prices nearly doubling in the PL. that’s a helluva financial hit for most. We’ll see…. Got to get promotion first lol!

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:23 am

Seems it very much depends on the category of the match -
https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices