More Town games on Sky

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

More Town games on Sky

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:19 pm

Sunderland at Portman Road 5:30 on 13th Jan and Leicester away at 8pm on Monday 22nd Jan.

Getting a bit fed up with this!

Shed on tour

Re: More Town games on Sky

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:39 pm

Fecking Sky. Was going to take daughter to Leicester for her birthday on the Saturday as we always do football home or away for that.
Now that is fecked.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:05 pm

Yer Sky can you just f*ck right off !!!

Sunderland and Leicester Matches on Sky
Friday, 8th Dec 2023 16:35
Two more Town matches have moved for live Sky Sports coverage, the home game against Sunderland and the visit to Leicester City.

The Black Cats’ visit to Suffolk on Saturday 13th January will now be played at 5.30pm, while the game against the Foxes at the King Power Arena has moved to Monday 22nd January with an 8pm start having previously been scheduled for the previous Saturday.

Town’s upcoming matches against Watford, Norwich, Leeds and at home to Leicester have previously been scheduled for the satellite broadcaster.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:06 pm

Was gonna do Leicester away, this is getting a f**king joke now, I really don't like the prospect of the Premier league at all.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:14 pm

Words can't describe how pissed off I am about this. Sky have no respect and only care about armchair fans, not those who go to the games and create the atmosphere for their 'product'. Makes me sick. As you well know, I too fear the Prem for this reason (amongst others) - the game I love is being ruined... much like the country I love... 😟

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:13 pm

Quite dangerous these threads! :lol:
If the team hit a lean spell……. SKY lose interest, no promotion, no EPL……. But it’ll be KIERON OUT!

There is a middle ground in amongst that lot, but feck knows where it is.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:21 pm

Apparently the Wimbledon cup tie on Jan 6th is on TV at 12:30 as well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:49 pm

BBC1?

Sky don’t give a flying one about the fans . I’ve hated Sky for years for their monopoly over the game.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:37 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:49 pm
BBC1?

Sky don’t give a flying one about the fans . I’ve hated Sky for years for their monopoly over the game.
just looked at it again, the match has been "selected for international broadcast". So maybe not available here

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:37 pm

This is all KM's fault, if we weren't doing so well we wouldn't keep being selected for TV, McKenna out !!!

Oh for the days of Accrington Stanley, Cheltenham & Lincoln again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:37 pm
This is all KM's fault, if we weren't doing so well we wouldn't keep being selected for TV, McKenna out !!!

Oh for the days of Accrington Stanley, Cheltenham & Lincoln again.
:lol: 👍👌 ……, fine margins

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:11 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:49 pm
BBC1?

I've said it before, Liz - Sky are not to blame.

If you must hate anybody, then hate the EPL and EFL - nobody makes them sell their games, but they choose to do so and to the highest bidder as well. You cannot blame the purchaser for altering game times to fit in with their viewing schedules - they are a business and are paying a hell of a lot of money for the privilege. If Sky wasn't the highest bidder then someone else would be, and the outcome regarding game times would be the same - EPL/EFL even put in a clause for all contracts to prohibit showing live games at 3pm on a Saturday.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:43 pm

Sky can own the rights to show the game, but what I don’t like is their total control of the game. When , what time games will be played. They’ve paid to show the game, not control when it’s played and at what time.…. Games are scheduled into a fixture list . Saturday games are 3pm …week day games, 7.30pm… I blame Sky for this change. And the money they are offering to control the game is ruining it for the fan. Their money has skewed the game beyond belief.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:43 pm

If there is something in the small print in the Season Ticket T’s & C’s regarding kick off dates & times, then it should really be a non conversation.
Hibs are feckin shyte and we never really have this issue…….. but i do know that there are “kick off day and time being subject to change” terms ——>> (Derbies, Celtic, Sevco etc)

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:30 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:43 pm
Sky can own the rights to show the game, but what I don’t like is their total control of the game. When , what time games will be played. They’ve paid to show the game, not control when it’s played and at what time.…. Games are scheduled into a fixture list . Saturday games are 3pm …week day games, 7.30pm… I blame Sky for this change. And the money they are offering to control the game is ruining it for the fan. Their money has skewed the game beyond belief.
We're gonna have to agree to differ on this :) . As you say, games are scheduled for a 3pm ko on Saturdays, but no media company is allowed to show a game live at that time because the EPL/EFL say they can't. So when are they to stream a live game if they cant do it at 3pm? And they are only paying so much because of the way that EPL/EFL have marketed their product - they've set out to get the maximum possible revenue.

I agree that money has ultimately 'skewed the game beyond belief' (sic), but I don't blame Sky for that, it's a result of the natural greed and avarice of the human race. And thinking back to when this club went into admin, it's possible that without the cash injection from Sky we may well not have got away with simply going into admin, we may well have been finished for good.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Wasn’t it the collapse of digital tv money thst scuppered a lot of clubs hug none more heavily than us snd Leicester? Long time ago now and I can’t remember the details tbh.

You’re probably right re EPL/ EFL the game sucks now really. It’s only good for us now because of our wealthy backers. Football clubs can’t compete without money now.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:35 pm

Two more Town games selected for Sky coverage in February; WBA home & Millwall away!
The Blues' home match against West Brom on February 10th will now kick off at 12:30pm, while the trip to The Den to face Millwall on February 14th has been moved to 8pm.

It means that Sky Sports will be showing four Ipswich games between January 13th and Valentine's Day.

The full list can be found below:

Sunderland (home) - Saturday, January 13th - 5:30pm
Leicester City (away) - Monday, January 22nd - 8pm
West Brom (home) - Saturday, February 10th - 12:30pm
Millwall (away) - Wednesday, February 14th - 8pm
EADT

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:58 pm

Oh the f**king joy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:08 pm

Sky totally p*ss up the football experience by these ridiculous ko times. I wish they’d just f*ck off!!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 pm

I'm not sure I will bother with Town TV next season, I'm not that impressed with the pre match show and I don't like all these games on Sky.