Championship - Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Finish 2023 with a win?

Town Win
92%
QPR Win
No votes
Draw
8%

Total votes: 12

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:42 pm

I’m not sure there’s a need to pick on any individuals, that was simply a very poor team performance, probably our worst 45 mins of the season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:52 pm

My god we need to up the tempo of this game especially the key senior players on the pitch. I think there’s also a big job for the fans in this second half to try and raise the lad’s performances.

What a difference compared with the second half on Tuesday night. I don’t see this ending 0-0 and I don’t see us scoring two either so we’d better score first.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:53 pm

Big risk with such a lineup when 3 pts is so important tonight to get the team back on the right path. Davis obviously injured to some extent, add that to Hirst and Morsy with his various suspensions, that's 3 players that really make us tick out for various non trivial lengths.

There's a lot of tension at the club lately I feel, it makes me edgy and only 3pts settles that.

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:54 pm

Medical Emergency has delayed 2nd half

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 pm

That's a long delay too, not good. Any news on whether the issue is supporter related, or someone involved with the game/clubs??!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 pm

Looks like it's KO now, hope all well with those involved.

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:25 pm

Ladapo just is not good enough. Not just his finishing but his overall play. No desire, strolls about like on holiday.. Sorry but its how i see it

Yes he may well score and we nick this 1-0 but he just doesn't show he's interested

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:31 pm

Bringing on Clarke, Taylor, & Jackson :shock:

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:34 pm

This is very poor.. Passing woeful. Whew-that was a pen all day long

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm

patthegimp wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:34 pm
No WAY

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:38 pm

patthegimp wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:34 pm
I don’t think so but Woolfie was foolish to put a hand on him. Fortunately the referee was in a perfect position to see the attacker went down far too easily.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:39 pm

An injured Clarke coming on for Williams? 🤷‍♂️ EH? Brandon been that poor? Jaysus H

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:40 pm

At least we’re showing some intent and desire now. I just hope we have enough fire power on the pitch to score the goal needed to take all three points.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:45 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:39 pm
An injured Clarke coming on for Williams? 🤷‍♂️ EH? Brandon been that poor? Jaysus H
He’s not been good but neither is Clarke injured. He’s already added pace and drive to the game since coming on which he wouldn’t be doing if he was nursing an Achilles injury as suggested by McKenna pre match.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:45 pm
marko69 wrote:
He’s not been good but neither is Clarke injured. He’s already added pace and drive to the game since coming on which he wouldn’t be doing if he was nursing an Achilles injury as suggested by McKenna pre match.
Very strange one 🤔

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:49 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 pm
That's a long delay too, not good. Any news on whether the issue is supporter related, or someone involved with the game/clubs??!
CPR and defib was used I think.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:57 pm

8 mins added time, can we do this ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 pm

Charnwood wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Whilst I think Brandon Williams is the more talented footballer of the two he clearly has issues of some kind which most likely affects his performance, meanwhile what I like about Harry Clarke is his passion and drive and his desire to play for the shirt.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:04 pm

I cannot comment on Williams. Never seen him kick a ball yet. But do rate Harry Clarke. 👍

Very strange though about the achilles comment, then subbed on. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 pm
Charnwood wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Whilst I think Brandon Williams is the more talented footballer of the two he clearly has issues of some kind which most likely affects his performance, meanwhile what zi like about Harry Clarke is his passion and drive and his desire to play for the shirt.
That wasn't our problem, Williams or Clarke made no difference. We had TWO BIG opportunities to win this. Sorry once again but Ladapo just looked not interested.

Positives we missed half our first team and got a point. Negatives. ooh boy did it show the loss of these players really showed

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:09 pm

Morsy is missed.

Hoping this minor blip is sorted soon. Although not sure the Britannia is going to be easy at all.

Huge January window coming up.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 pm

Leeds lost the one bit of good news and also I though Humphreys played well second half and ran his socks off.
Last edited by Cabanas Blue on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 pm

Disappointing to say the least. Don't want to see Ladapo or Williams start another League game this season. Jackson isn't the answer either. We were poor tonight Chaplin ineffective Hutchinsons final ball/cross rubbish midfield definitely missed Morsys drive. Stoke starting line up is going to be interesting.

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:19 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 pm
Disappointing to say the least. Don't want to see Lad apo or Williams start another League game this season. Jackson isn't the answer either. We were poor tonight Chaplin ineffective Hutchinsons final ball/cross rubbish midfield definitely missed Morsys drive. Stoke starting line up is going to be interesting.
Lots depends who is fit

Morsy will start but will Davis and Burns be fit? who knows. I thought Clarke did ok when he came on but its that blasted number 9 shirt for me.

Jackson hustled but still is not a patch on Hirst. Just saw nothing at all from Ladapo that looked like he was interested in fighting for his place

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:22 pm

Can the budgies do us a favour on Monday and slow up the saints

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:30 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:22 pm
Can the budgies do us a favour on Monday and slow up the saints
Possibly but wouldn't hold your breath. I'm more concerned about us and our injury list. If we had a full fit squad to pick from I feel we would of won tonight.

That team tonight just didn't do anything for me and it's a worry

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:32 pm

We have to remember this wasn’t the Town team that has taken us to second in the table. Just having Morsy, Hirst and Davis out was bad enough but when you add Broadhead injured in the warm up to the mix, that’s 4 key players and there were still two more . The only key player that could have avoided being missing was Morsy who should have been available had he behaved more responsibly at Middlesbrough, but given his strike against Leicester and his commitment to the club I’ll forgive him.

At least McKenna will have learned that he can’t rely on Ladapo to get us through and his days at Portman Road look numbered. In fact he was so poor I’d have preferred to have seen young Gerrard Buabo given more minutes based on his cameo debut.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:33 pm

That was about as painful as it gets, first half woeful with only Woolfy and Hladky free of criticism. The second half way better but still not our usual standard. The change was due to Humphreys, first half was afraid to get forward, second half he did it so well and everything went through him.

Tonight proves our strength in depth isn't strong enough, six players missing was too much to deal with, Morsy and Davis are massive for us, then to have Burns missing too was hard as for me Hutchinson was poor, his decision making and final ball were poor Tonight.

Personally I thought Williams was woeful, send him back as far as I'm concerned, I am a Ladapo fan but he's pretty much finished at Town I feel, Ball was ok 1st half but is no Morsy. I also felt Burgess was all over the shop Tonight. All in all a point has to be seen as a good result based on the team we had out.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 pm
Leeds lost the one bit of good news and also I though Humphreys played well second half and ran his socks off.
Clearly he received amended instructions at half time and pushed much further upfield getting in some very good crosses. Just a shame there was nobody playing in the No 9 role to get onto them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Ipswich Reserves 0- 0 QPR 1st team

Too many changes, and it showed. Disjointed, lacking in intensity and it shows the second string players are not good enough.

Sadly I suspect we’ll be out if the top two come the end of the Stoke game.

Nothing up front
Nothing in midfield
Nothing in defence