Ticket policy for play-off final?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Ticket policy for play-off final?

Post by shabba » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Random, and a big IF....but *IF* we ended up in the play off final then what do you think the clubs ticket policy would be?

I.e like away games, using away points? ST would go first, then members with X number of away points? Or members with X number of ticket stubs?

Blue Wilf

Re: Ticket policy for play-off final?

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:34 pm

Each team got about 36000 last year so with 21000 ST holders, that means about 15000 left which I would wholly expect to be for people who can prove they have been to a certain number of games (home or away) throughout the season. I don't know this for sure but just my view so 🤷🏻‍♂️

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:17 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:34 pm
Each team got about 36000 last year so with 21000 ST holders, that means about 15000 left which I would wholly expect to be for people who can prove they have been to a certain number of games (home or away) throughout the season. I don't know this for sure but just my view so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking, I’d just wonder what the criteria would be for those 15k, suspect there is easily 15k members who aren’t season ticket holders?

Think I’ve only made 4 home and one away this year - one was in the cup though. I’d go more but it’s hard with my family commitments.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 am

Anyway - we won't need it cos we are going up automatically! COYB's!!!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm

What happens if both us and NCFC meet in the final event match at the national stadium. It's a slim chance maybe but you got to entertain all possibilities.

I mean it'll cause problems for the Police and both sets of fans traveling south-west on the same day particularly on public transport. Guess they'll expect or force City fans to travel via Cambridge or Peterborough while Town go straight to Liverpool Street without any detour.

Can't abide thought of the play-offs if or who we face off against. Our record is sub-standard, 5 losses out of 6 since 1997 and all at a semi-final stage, the Barnsley win being the only breakthrough victory. It's just too early to tell at this stage of play but guess it's kind of good to be ready or equipped for any potential eventualities. We can't pin our hopes on an auto promotion with so many games left to decide and play out.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:40 am

If we’re in the play offs I think we’d see a Town v Southampton final with fans travelling in opposite directions.
I’d prefer a different outcome of course but this looks the most likely based on current probabilities.

Hopefully Leicester and Leeds can get side tracked by their FA Cup campaign 🏆