Championship - Ipswich Town vs Birmingham City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we go 4 in a row?

Ipswich Win
92%
Birmingham Win
No votes
Draw
8%

Total votes: 13

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Birmingham City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:33 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:01 pm
Tuanzebe announced as MOTM.
Quick hide this from Blue Mike he thinks Axel is crap :lol: :lol:
Was brilliant today but yes been crap at CB.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:41 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:48 pm
Oh no not another injury. Chaplin looking in pain.

It looks like a twisted knee.
Lol, I said to Mike Chaplin hit that Brum player so hard, and it was a foul I thought, but then chappers suddenly goes down like a sack o *** and I thought, hmm clever Mr Chaplin...
I think he knew it was a bad foul , so feign injury to try and avoid getting booked!! Might be wrong but that was how I saw it...
Pretty much what I said at the time

QldBlue

Post by QldBlue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:34 pm
I'm even more convinced that last night was a good result for us.
What’s your thinking on this? Wouldn’t it be have been better for us to have points on the board over Leeds?

QldBlue

Post by QldBlue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:54 am

Stats for the last 8 games make for interesting reading:
2nd for points won
1st for goals scored - 20 in total
Even though we’ve conceded a fair bit, we’re also 2nd on GD.
Still the most entertaining team in the league!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 am

QldBlue wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:54 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:34 pm
I'm even more convinced that last night was a good result for us.
What’s your thinking on this? Wouldn’t it be have been better for us to have points on the board over Leeds?
Because Leeds are absolutely flying and have a far easier run in, I've believed for some time now they will definitely be top Two and probably go up as champions, Leicester on the other hand have a really tough run of games coming up, have lost momentum and probably it will start to affect confidence having been so far ahead, for me it Is much better having Three teams going for it than just a head to head against Leeds which we'd probably lose.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:37 am

Next game a big bogey side for us, because they always hit us and hurt us on the break
(coz we are too slow to deal with this tactic) ab and it's quite likely we could now be without Burns n Broadhead. Get 3 points without those two will be a helluva result.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:39 am

The way Hutchinson and Sarmiento are playing we csn hopefully cover those Two should they be missing

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:51 am

Hopefully..but not sure Sarmiento will have same effect over a full 90mins though. But hopefully the injured players will be back ...

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:39 am
The way Hutchinson and Sarmiento are playing we csn hopefully cover those Two should they be missing
They should both be in the starting line up,lots of pace on both wings.both very capable players.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:37 am

Mariner67 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:39 am
They should both be in the starting line up,lots of pace on both wings.both very capable players.
Agree!

If those two do start against Plymouth, I think we should go all out attack right from the start. Plymouth certainly are a bogey team, and they've been picking up some results. They will be up for this match no doubt, so we need to silent the crowd as soon as possible.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:19 pm

Plymouth really are a strange side. Last week they played three home games in seven days and only picked up 1 point with a 2-2 draw with Coventry. The other two games they lost comprehensively 0-3 to WBA and 0-2 to Leeds. Then yesterday they go to Middlesbrough just days after Borough had won 1-2 at Leicester and beat them 0-2. How do you explain that. 🫢

I just hope their poor home run continues next Saturday with 3 three consecutive defeats cos we really can’t afford to drop any points at the moment.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:40 pm

Omar’s goal from different angle, and you can see me n Mike jumping up down celebrating lol

https://x.com/IpswichCulture/status/176 ... 28686?s=20

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:37 am
Next game a big bogey side for us, because they always hit us and hurt us on the break
(coz we are too slow to deal with this tactic) ab and it's quite likely we could now be without Burns n Broadhead. Get 3 points without those two will be a helluva result.
At the risk of upsetting the Bun Lovers on this forum, I would suggest that after the impact Hutchinson had on the game after he replaced Burns then Hutchinson should be the guaranteed starter in that position.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:11 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:46 pm
hallamblue wrote:
At the risk of upsetting the Bun Lovers on this forum, I would suggest that after the impact Hutchinson had on the game after he replaced Burns then Hutchinson should be the guaranteed starter in that position.
Maybe McKenna sees Hutchison more as an impact player. When he has started he has been fairly average most of the time ??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:24 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:11 pm
rossi wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
Maybe McKenna sees Hutchison more as an impact player. When he has started he has been fairly average most of the time ??
As good as Hutchy is, he’s very like Martin Boyle at Hibs. You find yourself saying, “FFS, do something different.” , when they’re on from the start. (Maidstone)
But impact sub from the bench, 👍👌

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:55 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:11 pm
rossi wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
Yes, but he had arguably his best performance so far for us on Saturday and came on midway through the first half - far too early to be considered an impact sub.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:58 am

Hutchinson has been on fire last 2 or 3 appearances and deserves to start, with Burns looking to have picked up a possible injury I would think Hutchinson is nailed on to start at Plymouth

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:10 pm

I hope so too coz he deserves it. He’s SO calm in front of goal and he makes things happen coz he attacks defences in their own box . They’re afraid to tackle him . Wish Burns did the same tbh (more often)!

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:07 pm

Bloody love Omari, just give him the ball and let him take on the fullback!

I was at the game this weekend, was a great atmosphere.

My dad kindly got us hall of fame hospitality tickets so we sat in the ‘gold seats’ in the Cobold lower on the halfway line, you feel the atmosphere more from there and feel close to the players but I do prefer the higher up more tv style view that I usually go for. We got some nice food before the game and a ten min talk to the room from Milton, Hamilton and Stockwell.

So glad we played well and won, much better performance that the last 3 wins - created a lot of good chances, i thought Broadhead was bang up for it and busy before he came off. Omari was standout - huge fan of his and agree he has to start now, either over Chaplin or burns if both are fit.