The Title Run In..........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: The Title Run In..........

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am
I still think that if we had played and looked as jaded as we did in the last few games, we would have been saying they are tired! The situation remains as it was - its just that we know what we have to do!
Three quarters of a word.

Loses a quarter for them being “tired” ….. I don’t buy into that.

Physically, they should be geared and equipped for a 46 game season plus cups.

Mentally, they should be getting STRONGER come season deciders.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:49 am

shabba wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:01 am
It's not KM's fault if we don't do it, he is dragging this squad WAY above their level. I looked at the XI's for Leciester and even Saints last night, they are so much stronger than ours. It's the fact this amazing manager has been able to get so much out of this squad - which is just incredible, that has got us to this position.

I feel like the with the quality those sides have they only need to play a 6 or 7 out of 10 to win - yet we need an 8 or 9 out of 10 peformance, and we've managaed to do that week in week out for most of the season - again it's an incredible feat by the players.

So it depends if we can bring our A game, becuase if we do we can win these games.
Like this a lot.👍

Personally I blame VAR! :wink: Surely Coventry could've been eliminated from the FA Cup before reaching the semi-final? :P Hence we'd have had no break

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 pm

shabba wrote:
It's not KM's fault if we don't do it, he is dragging this squad WAY above their level. I looked at the XI's for Leciester and even Saints last night, they are so much stronger than ours. It's the fact this amazing manager has been able to get so much out of this squad - which is just incredible, that has got us to this position.

I feel like the with the quality those sides have they only need to play a 6 or 7 out of 10 to win - yet we need an 8 or 9 out of 10 peformance, and we've managaed to do that week in week out for most of the season - again it's an incredible feat by the players.

So it depends if we can bring our A game, becuase if we do we can win these games.
WORD

Perfect

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am
I still think that if we had played and looked as jaded as we did in the last few games, we would have been saying they are tired! The situation remains as it was - its just that we know what we have to do!
Possibly so but I think it would have been the lesser of Two evils

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 pm
shabba wrote:

WORD

Perfect

Yip, Id agree with Shabba too....Its all a bit squeaky bum time for us all init !

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm

Two very important things just need to happen at the weekend...qpr get something from the game against Leeds and we win Against Hull...if that happens. We are 99% up ....Leeds most important match is probably That. As they know .drop any points and they are handing it to us..to have two bites of the cherry Against Hull or Coventry...and Barr a total cluster f**k on following weekend. We wrap up the most exciting period in recent times of our history...Leeds players must be feeling that pressure ..

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm
Two very important things just need to happen at the weekend...qpr get something from the game against Leeds and we win Against Hull...if that happens. We are 99% up ....Leeds most important match is probably That. As they know .drop any points and they are handing it to us..to have two bites of the cherry Against Hull or Coventry...and Barr a total cluster f**k on following weekend. We wrap up the most exciting period in recent times of our history...Leeds players must be feeling that pressure ..
Lets hope so - we will all be QPR fans for Friday night only...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 am

Think I might not “ want” QPR to do well, because every time I have this week, the opposite has happened. I’m thinking of trying a bit of reverse psychology now.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 am
Think I might not “ want” QPR to do well, because every time I have this week, the opposite has happened. I’m thinking of trying a bit of reverse psychology now.
Agreed Liz, QPR don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting a favourable result in this one. :wink:

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 am

Been having a think about this.

The last couple of seasons have been quite spectacular, haven't they?

This time, last year, who thought we'd be so close to the Promised Land? I guess like many of us I'd expectations that we'd do allright, maybe have a sniff of the play-offs.

But that ain't what has happened and now we find ourselves perched on the last ledge with a seemingly unattainable peak just a few leaps ahead, three mighty bounds to glory.

Two years ago, there we were with nothing to play for in L1, a bad place, no spirit and another mid-table finish. And yet now ...

Whoa! Look at us. Every neutral's sweetheart.

So I'm gonna be completely chill about whatever happens over the next three games. Honest. No, really. Just like ... dude.

I'm not gonna sweat over these last few hurdles, it's been bloody fantastic innit?

Que Sera Sera

PS

Hopefully I'll be fit enough to haul my arse out of the fart sack to catch the 0700 kickoff on Sunday morning.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am

Said after the Middlesbrough game that I felt we had missed our opportunity for automatic promotion and still feel that way.
I quite expect Leeds to get a favourable result tonight and just don’t see us winning at Hull tomorrow night. Hope I’m wrong but for me it will be a case of the playoff route if we are to go up. Just hope that we don’t take any risks regarding Burns and Hirst as we know that hamstring injuries can easily reoccur.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm

Who would believe Leeds would only take 4 points from 15 in their last 5 games.

It’s all in our own hands again for sure and without the need to win all three of our remaining games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm

Tonight is absolutely massive, we will NOT get a better chance of Premier league football

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm
Me :lol:
marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:52 am
But Leeds are chucking it. I reckon they’ll continue to do so.......

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm
Me :lol:
marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:52 am
But Leeds are chucking it. I reckon they’ll continue to do so.......
I was with you Marko until the 3-4 win at Middlesbrough even though they didn’t deserve it with their clearly offside winning goal.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 am
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 am
Agreed Liz, QPR don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting a favourable result in this one. :wink:
Love your reverse psychology Liz, keep up the good work! :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 pm

It worked didn’t it !!! :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 pm

So you’ll be rooting for Hull tomorrow Liz ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm

Didn’t see that result coming at all especially after Leeds won at Middlesbrough the other night. We keep getting these opportunities to really put ourselves in the driving seat for automatic promotion, this time we have to take it. Will be at both the Hull and Coventry games but not sure how much more of this I can take. In some ways I wish I could see into the future and see how the table has finished by 2.30pm tomorrow week.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm

Let’s keep grounded guys but this is the only way we can miss out on promotion.

Summary of how Leeds could claim top two spot

•Ipswich lose all three matches

•Ipswich only earn one point in final three matches and

•Leeds stay second on goal difference despite loss vs Southampton

•Leeds beat Southampton and Ipswich earn just three points, or four points with a worse goal difference

•Leeds draw with Southampton and Ipswich earn just one point, or two with a worse goal difference

Leeds remaining matches
•May 4: Southampton (H)

Ipswich remaining matches
•April 27: Hull City (A)
•April 30: Coventry City (A)
•May 4: Huddersfield (H)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:54 pm

I think I’ll be watching Norwich v Swansea tomorrow afternoon and praying for the first time in my life for a canaries win and a West Brom win too to screw Hull City’s chances of a late play off place.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm
Let’s keep grounded guys but this is the only way we can miss out on promotion.

Summary of how Leeds could claim top two spot

•Ipswich lose all three matches

•Ipswich only earn one point in final three matches and

•Leeds stay second on goal difference despite loss vs Southampton

•Leeds beat Southampton and Ipswich earn just three points, or four points with a worse goal difference

•Leeds draw with Southampton and Ipswich earn just one point, or two with a worse goal difference

Leeds remaining matches
•May 4: Southampton (H)

Ipswich remaining matches
•April 27: Hull City (A)
•April 30: Coventry City (A)
•May 4: Huddersfield (H)
This is why i love this forum. NEVER leave this forum, Charnwood. What a great post. 👍👌

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

Let's not concern ourselves with what others might or might not do - let's just concentrate on each of our games one at a time.

The players and the manager now have a golden opportunity to achieve what the majority of players and managers outside of the premier dream of but only a very small minority actually go on to realise.

We will never ever have a better chance of gaining promotion to the Premiership.
You could see the pressure get to Leeds last night - they looked a shadow of what they were a few weeks ago, so slow and ponderous in moving the ball. We cannot let that happen to us tonight, or on Tuesday, or next Saturday. Play each game to win, and I do not foresee any problems.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:54 pm
I think I’ll be watching Norwich v Swansea tomorrow afternoon and praying for the first time in my life for a canaries win and a West Brom win too to screw Hull City’s chances of a late play off place.
I think I prefer that Hull need the win. We tend to do better against teams that are open and eager to score IMO.

To be honest there are still a number of possible outcomes but if we win tonight that might in fact be job done. I don't think Leeds have a good chance against Southampton with that much pressure, they haven't responded to pressure very well so far.

Strange that Leeds have beaten us roundly twice this season and been possibly the best team to play us but they couldn't keep it up. What a league, what a season.

Final note, we still have an excellent chance to go up as Champions Leicester actually have a tough game today against a Preston side that has done well recently. Leicester have plenty of distractions; will they be able to renew contracts of major players (incl. Vardy), will they get points deductions next season right from the off. By midnight tonight (UK) we could be 2 points behind them with 2 games to play. Being champions should be our focus now, we have been good enough to claim this spot. Promotion will take care of itself.

COYB!!!

Final final note. Funny that 3 teams were nailed on to get to 100 points this season and yet its very likely that none of them will. Pressure.
Last edited by Dubai Blue on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

Leeds may have soundly beat us at their place but its a myth they did it at Portman Road too, we shipped Three goals in a crazy Ten minute spell, aside from that we more than matched them and caused them problems

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am
Leeds may have soundly beat us at their place but its a myth they did it at Portman Road too, we shipped Three goals in a crazy Ten minute spell, aside from that we more than matched them and caused them problems
True.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am

Leeds season has been weird, they started crap and are finishing crap but in between they’ve been awesome at times.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:54 pm
I think I prefer that Hull need the win. We tend to do better against teams that are open and eager to score IMO.

To be honest there are still a number of possible outcomes but if we win tonight that might in fact be job done. I don't think Leeds have a good chance against Southampton with that much pressure, they haven't responded to pressure very well so far.

Strange that Leeds have beaten us roundly twice this season and been possibly the best team to play us but they couldn't keep it up. What a league, what a season.

Final note, we still have an excellent chance to go up as Champions Leicester actually have a tough game today against a Preston side that has done well recently. Leicester have plenty of distractions; will they be able to renew contracts of major players (incl. Vardy), will they get points deductions next season right from the off. By midnight tonight (UK) we could be 2 points behind them with 2 games to play. Being champions should be our focus now, we have been good enough to claim this spot. Promotion will take care of itself.

COYB!!!

Final final note. Funny that 3 teams were nailed on to get to 100 points this season and yet its very likely that none of them will. Pressure.

I just have this theory in the back of my mind that if Hull have nothing to play for they’d prefer local rivals Leeds to be with them in the Championship rather than Ipswich. It would preserve their biggest Derby game of the season and keep both Yorkshire teams at the same level which is great for their fans.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 am

:D Well the fans might have that theory but I doubt if many of the players are from Yaaarkshire. :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 pm

You obviously missed seeing his much Norwich players celebrated winning against us a few weeks ago and how much it meant to them even tho very few if any of their players come from Norfolk. If they had a chance of having a say in stopping us getting promotion and keeping us in the Championship with them I’ve a feeling they’d play that card especially if it didn’t cost them anything.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws DB, but If my hunch is anywhere near the mark there’s no way they would play with the same intensity as they would with a play off place at stake.

Hopefully we have a plan so good that we don’t need worry what Hull do tonight, however with the bizarre results we’ve seen thrown up over the last few weeks in the Championship, it’s completely impossible to know what to expect.