Championship - Ipswich Town vs Bristol City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Hold on to 2nd place on the table?

Ipswich Win
100%
Bristol Win
No votes
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 13

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Bristol City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:08 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:04 pm
18 point haul from past 6…… just keep on winning, ITFC. 👍👌

Go collect your 25 euros, Charnwood 💶
My mates pretty pissed off, last message just said… “see you in July”

I normally see him every Saturday!
🤔 that’s a weird one!

Tell him to fk off! :lol:
After his messages each time they went in front I don’t think he can face me. Betting aside he doesn’t like spending money either 🤣🤣🤣

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:31 pm

I don't think we would have won if Burns had not come on he certainly changed the game, hopefully my blood pressure will go down now 😂😂

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:36 pm

We owe so much to McKenna’s substitutes and have done all season. Impact subs has been one of our key trade marks and has won us so may points.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:38 pm

Gave up after 1-2 and started cooking tostones. Just saw the score fuckin brilliant!! COYB!!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 pm

Wow that was good! Make no mistake - Sam Morsy was absolutely immense for us tonight and Wes changed the game. Am buzzing! COYB's!!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:41 pm

I went out of my skin after Davis' goal !

Nights like this ... a karma in positive way for all this long, painful Evans years, chronic decline, more than half empty Portman Road and the toxicity around the place, players treating the place like an easy payday, not playing for the shirt, League One football and defeats to Fleetwoods, Accringtons and Lincolns.

This team is mental !

Morsy ....Captain ! Leader ! Legend !

Burns ... rocket in his arse tonight !

What a nice, nice Karma !

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 pm

Leif Davis has equalled the record for Assists he sits on 14 now.

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:45 pm

"The result, a sixth win on the trot for the first time at second tier level for the first time since the 1991/92 season, the last year in which the Blues won automatic promotion to the top flight"

This is our Year we are going up I just know it.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:49 pm

Not sure I can watch any more of these games. The tension is massive and I'm too old. Thank god for the wine. COYB😁😁👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 am

Me n Mike were jumping up and down for 5 mins …. I actually think I was screaming for a full minute when the winner went in . Absolute scenes in the stands .

Can’t write anymore now as I’ve got to bring my adrenaline down or I won’t sleep …. Probably won’t anyway lol …, work tomorrow, balls!!

YEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSS WE ONLY WENT AND BLOODY WON RODDERS !!!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:08 am

they ran us close but took nothing from it. Guess you could take a moment to applaud the effort of the opposition for making a game of it but thinking we shouldn't have been in a losing position with some 10 minutes remaining. Just as well we got enough attacking quality up front and score goals freely because the defense is rightly something of a concern. If only we could concede less I'd feel more confident about the prospect of automatic promotion.

28,000 for a midweek game at PR is highly commendable, something that wouldn't have come close only a few seasons back. 6 or 7 straight wins now, it's just a damn shame Leicester / Leeds got victories also.

must have been some real surreal scenes in the stadium during the final 10 minutes, moments money can't quite buy but not easy for those of a nervous disposition. If or when the team finally returns into the EPL, 2 successive promotions after another, we would have earned it. Best times here in 20 years or more without little doubt. Just a shame all those years in between doing nothing and enduring one sh*t season after another but we're on the verge once again of achieving a standout success.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:28 am

Inspired substitutions again by KMck :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:56 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 am
Me n Mike were jumping up and down for 5 mins …. I actually think I was screaming for a full minute when the winner went in . Absolute scenes in the stands .

Can’t write anymore now as I’ve got to bring my adrenaline down or I won’t sleep …. Probably won’t anyway lol …, work tomorrow, balls!!

YEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSS WE ONLY WENT AND BLOODY WON RODDERS !!!!
Yes, that must’ve been one memorable bounce for that winner. 👍👍👌

Was this you, Hallam?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 am

Ha ha ha yes, but me n Mike were hugging and jumping up n down for what seemed to be ages … with that prolonged “yeeeeeeeeessssssssss” some poor old boy ended up on his tooch in the gangway from celebrating . Got helped up by a steward and proceeded to bounce up and down again. The celebrations just kept going on . Blooming awesome lol !

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:46 am

I can only imagine what the scenes were like in SBRL last night. Probably a good job I gave the game a miss as it would have probably finished me off! :lol: At least I was able to watch it on Sky but even that was stressful. In the 50+ years I’ve been following Town there have been several seasons and occasions which have been memorable but this season just seems unreal and wherever we end up at the end of it I for one will never forget it.
For that, I thank the manager, players and other members of staff for making going to Portman Road an enjoyable experience again.
COYB!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:52 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 am
Ha ha ha yes, but me n Mike were hugging and jumping up n down for what seemed to be ages … with that prolonged “yeeeeeeeeessssssssss” some poor old boy ended up on his tooch in the gangway from celebrating . Got helped up by a steward and proceeded to bounce up and down again. The celebrations just kept going on . Blooming awesome lol !
My son Scotty calls that “lock-jaw” :lol:
When Sir David Gray scored the winner in the 89th minute (2016 cup final) …… was a bounce like no other ….. And you can’t seem to close the mouth. Its like a form of lock-jaw. :lol: …. Superb stuff. Great to know the Ipswich fans had that last night. About bloody time, especially for those “20 something” year olds. 👍👏👏👏👏👏

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:55 am

What a fantastic win its why we go to football in the first place for nights like that. I've had 2 matches in a row like that now with St Mirren beating Aberdeen on Sat with 2 goals in 96and 97 mins !!
Thought BC were superb tactically and pressed and countered Town all night until the subs came on.
McKenna's bringing on the subs changed the whole match as Ipswich went on the front foot and managed to expose BC as they tired.
The debate on Burns vs Hutchinson is over, never really was one IMO. Burns was superb. His power, pace and delivery were the undoing of BC.

I think Leicester and Leeds have better quality over the piece in their teams but the spirit, desire and the whole momentum that is Ipswich Town at the moment may just get them one of the top spots. Here's hoping !

Got to stop shipping soft goals but been doing it all season and still winning so maybe its not going to be an issue.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 am

Yes indeed, Burns more than anyone changed the game and won it for us, along with Davis who created Two and scored the crucial Third. To be fair all the subs had an impact last night which was badly needed as we'd been poor for 65 mins.

That bounce and celebrations when the Third went in was like no other, it was carnage, jubilation, ecstacy, you name it, and I think Shed on Tour has summed it up word perfectly, it's a pleasure to go to Portman Road again and I can't thank the staff and players enough.

If anyone thinks it's just us struggling at times I urge you to go and look at the Leicester and Leeds forums, Leicester by and large have nothing but praise for us, some say they are jealous of Ipswich fans with the entertainment and excitement we are having, last night they feel they plodded their way to another boring win which was in part fortunate, they just don't get how we keep going and manage to continually turn it around.

It also seems Leeds were average at best and Stoke had the measure of them in the second half, almost getting a deserved equaliser in the dying seconds. So the point is, it's everyone feeling the heat at times, not just us, just keep doing what we're doing and who knows where it ends.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 am

this lot were bouncing throughout the game ... lol

https://twitter.com/BlueAction1878/stat ... 1669435435

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 am
this lot were bouncing throughout the game ... lol

https://twitter.com/BlueAction1878/stat ... 1669435435
Hope they all made it to school this morning

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:30 pm

How long is the wait for highlights? I just checked TownTV and there are no highlights available.

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 am
Sir Alf Upper went mad too. Limbs everywhere

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:30 pm
How long is the wait for highlights? I just checked TownTV and there are no highlights available.
Highlights are on Town TV, were on there this morning

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:50 pm

number 9 wrote:

https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... highlights

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:51 pm

number 9 wrote:

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:52 pm

It's normally on Sky not long after the Match ends

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:53 pm

Excellent win last night, thought Burns and Leif were brilliant, where would we be without these guys. We could of had a few more but they also could of had 1 or 2 more, that BC shot onto the bar which could of made it 2 -0 down was key, but we showed great drive and battered them late in the 2nd half.

Ali needs to work on his penalties, that was a shocking take, not a patch on his previous and at a key moment too.

Who knows where this will end but lets enjoy the ride.