Leicester forum comments about Town :

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Leicester forum comments about Town :

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:36 pm

You’re going to love reading this snd it’s a lengthy piece of respect that is entirely attributable to Kieran McKenna in my view:

……. a few comments off the Leicester forum from Tuesday evening.
Wollow and enjoy ....... These things dont come around very often.

Ipswich deploy peculiar tactics of shooting when in good positions. Can’t see it catching on

Fair play to Ipswich, they never give up the fight.

I think we just need to calm down a bit. Ipswich are on a great run that absolutely will not continue (as in they won’t win every game) they have a tricky bunch of matches coming up.

I’ve had the game on in the background tonight and Bristol City really should’ve had it dead and buried, Ipswich are loose and vulnerable.

This hasn’t been lucky. They’ve battered Bristol City for the last 15 minutes

Fair play to them. 3-2 up in injury time and going all out for a 4th

I want that feeling Ipswich supporters must have for their team.... pride

At home. Not played that well. Siege on the goal, chuck that kitchen sink. I wish we had one or two players with the guts of Ipswich.3-2 up and driving forwards looking for another are you allowed to do that ?

Ipswich are annoyingly relentless.

I'm so ****ing jealous of Ipswich fans. Every b*stard week is a glorious last minute equaliser or winner. They play exciting attacking football and never give up.Look fitter than us.

It’s more that they actually give a crap.

Whatever a game throws at Ipswich they always have an answer.
If that was us going 2-1 down in the 77th minute there's no way we'd win the game.Ipswich are great.

They've only lost 4 games. It's pretty impressive, everyone has bad periods. But they were a league 1 side against 3 teams with huge resources. Fair play.

One major difference is. Leicester crowd are full of people who think that we have a divine right to win every game so there is literally zero support. Ipswich fans can't believe they are near top and fighting for promotion to premier league so the crowd are fully behind them.

Ipswich have been building this team for years,they have a squad tailor made for how they play, high energy, attacking football

Fair play to Ipswich - they chuck the sink at stuff and are proper decent going forward - we are currently top but easily the 3rd best team in this league at best on current form

Mentality between us and them is chalk and cheese, hence why we have a squad that Peter Taylor could win the league with attempting to throw it away and they have a squad that could have been in a relegation battle that will go up.

What they’re achieving this year is nothing short of remarkable…
That’s not luck. It’s desire and aggression. Everything we’re lacking at the moment. It’s not luck if they keep doing it. Took points off us in both games doing the same. Done to others too.

If they go up as champions they’d deserve it. Lost fewer than anyone else.
They play quick possession football but happy to mix up styles and formations. What McKenna is doing on a shoestring with largely a League 1 squad is far more impressive that Enzo with the riches he has enjoyed in comparison
There is no way on earth Ipswich don't finish above us, no way. Different class in all honesty.

Look fitter than us.

Massive contrast between us and Ipswich.

They’re all out attacking, crowd all on board with. We’re passing round in circles and the crowd are bored stiff.

Switched it on after our game and Ipswich were 2-1 down and just about to take a free kick, I watched about 7 mins and in that time Ipswich scored twice and missed a penalty.You have to hand it to them, they seem to do this every other week.

Massive contrast between us and Ipswich.
They’re all out attacking, crowd all on board with. We’re passing round in circles and the crowd are bored stiff.

One major difference is. Leicester crowd are full of people who think that we have a divine right to win every game so there is literally zero support. Ipswich fans can't believe they are near top and fighting for promotion to premier league so the crowd are fully behind them.

**** off Ipswich for the love of ****.

They're brilliant to watch tbf.. just hate it as a leicester fan.

I’m simply not having that Ipswich aren’t lucky. It’s ****ing unreal

Something aint right with them at the end of a game beyond anything ever with luck
Thing that worries me most is we don’t have results like this one in us. Teams around seem to be able to pull these out the bag consistently.

That’s not luck. It’s desire and aggression. Everything we’re lacking at the moment.
Fair ****ing play to them.

They will comfortably stay up in the Prem next season.

can honestly say I've never seen a team with the amount of luck that Ipswich seem to have had this season

Ipswich aren't going away - they are like the classic Leicester. They just don't quit. I thought they'd blow up, but I reckon they are nailed on for automatic promotion.

You just know they'll do it but they are so exciting to watch

Unstoppable force of a team

You know Ipswich are going to score and they do, moments after missing a penalty. Great mentality.

I kind of wish we played like Ipswich. Certainly in terms of attitude. Must be magic watching them at the moment.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Leicester forum comments about Town :

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 am

Having married a Leicester girl and had my main home in the County for more than 20 years I have many friends and family who support the foxes. Certainly those who are regular supporters and go to all the games are all saying the same Liz and have been certainly since they played us on Boxing Day and a few days later. Before then I think they thought we’d drop away but how we came back against them twice made them realise just how good we are and are genuinely jealous of our ability to come back from a losing position. The regular fans who go to every game also know how lucky they’ve been winning games when they’ve not deserved to.