FAO: Marko

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

FAO: Marko

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:37 pm

Following on from our discussion about trouble at games although I would never condone violence at any match there was an incident that I saw at Portman Road that still makes me chuckle now.
Town were playing Man Utd and for this game the United supporters were placed in the lower tier of the Cobbold Stand when it was terracing. Anyhow, Town scored a couple of goals and some of their supporters thought it would be a good idea to try and get into the upper tier seating area of the stand where Ipswich supporters were situated. So they put their hands on top of the wall and tried to pull themselves up into the seats.
What they didn’t realise was there was an old boy who was in the front row where they were trying to get into and he had a walking stick. As soon as they put their hands on top of the wall his stick came crashing down on their fingers and they dropped like flies. Needless to say they didn’t try it again. :lol: