Not horse racing, but something that may interest Ipswich supporters!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Not horse racing, but something that may interest Ipswich supporters!

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:25 pm

The point is, those are 3 very important players for our promotion push. Fatigue, injuries, travel time and ultimate availability could have a serious impact on our season. So….who are the replacements? Not controversial, just curious…I know what players I’d use.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:09 am

Hell has any Horse Race got to do with anything. Best you can see here is Wales got Finland to get past so guessing Broadhead Burns and Moore don't even need to feature. We keep hold of them at Portman Road and whatever (else) the Welsh put together, sure it'll be enough to get beyond Sibelius and The Moomins without their involvement. Believe Poland may then stand as a final obstacle to any Euro competition but you can only take one game at a time.

For argument sake if the players in question have to be used, if we got to go without, then there's enough options available to cover it. Yeah they're pivotal players for the team but say use Al-Hamadi, Sarmiento and Jackson if Broadhead and Moore can't be involved (Hirst has to be due back sometime soon but as yet remains out the picture). Can always move Chaplin back into his rightful position from midfield but McKenna won't go with it.

Burns can be covered by maybe Taylor, Luongo and / or Ball. Morsy's the obvious selection but he's an ever present not so much any replacement. Simple math here, Wales should omit the three names from the Finland games as believe they've got enough for victory without need of them but looking from their perspective it's a monumental occasion with high stake involved. They're going to want to be strong as able to meet the challenge.

Even if it is only Finland.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:29 am

I agree as far as Al Hamadi and Sarmiento are concerned, although I’d probably start Hutchinson in place of Burns. I think Al Hamadi needs a start to prove his worth. Of course with out Moore covering for defense, we may be vulnerable on corners and set pieces. We need to be one or two goals ahead to ensure success. I think we’ll be up for it.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:24 am

I imagine the long winter nights just flew by mate .............. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am

How many furlongs to go until this season finishes?

(It CAN be about horse racing if you REALLY REALLY want it)