Sense of humour league!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Sense of humour league!

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 pm

We all take ourselves too seriously at times, so I thought it would be fun to see who you think is the tractor boys sense of humour champion. I don’t know how to set up a poll, so maybe one of the Mods can help me out? Here are my nominations.

1. Marko69
2. Ricco
3. Mensaura

number 9

Re: Sense of humour league!

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:47 pm

Of course I won’t get any help from the Mods. I mean, I’m not part of the clique.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:28 am

You certainly won’t from me 9 with comments like that whilst I’m away for a couple of days with my family. I bust a gut this morning to get prediction league fixtures online for guys like you who like to post early and then log on tonight way past midnight and get greeted with a sarcastic comment like yours. I don’t know what’s got to you recently but you’re really pushing your luck. I can only assume you’re trying to get yourself red carded so you can then whinge about how unfairly you’ve been treated.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 am

I think there’s a miscommunication. I only asked if a Mod could create a poll. Maybe in your old age you’re becoming a tad sensitive, just like you have accused hallam of recently. I have loads of respect for you overcoming what you have, but don’t call me out mate. We’ve all endured the inconsistency of life, and as long as we’re still posting on this forum…we’re alive. Whatever I’m sure my genuine comments will land me in the cauldron of perceived silence or not. One day, a skylark will perch on the sunrise…and you and I will be dead.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:21 am

number 9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 pm
We all take ourselves too seriously at times, so I thought it would be fun to see who you think is the tractor boys sense of humour champion. I don’t know how to set up a poll, so maybe one of the Mods can help me out? Here are my nominations.

1. Marko69
2. Ricco
3. Mensaura
I vote for #3

Got no idea who they are but I can't resist a mystery candidate.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:30 am

Sorry got the spelling wrong, but I do love your sense of humour…humor…humour….humor! Geez, who fuckin cares how something is spelled?! Maybe Marko cuz spelling is very important in the furnace market! Don’t say coaled if you mean cold! If only I worked in a profession that wasn’t subjective! Easy work. :lol:
Last edited by number 9 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:58 am

We wake up every day hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. We scratch our way every day, climbing the mountain. We shrug away the sherpas, we know our way. Storm clouds forming, we’re ok. Snow plumes growing in our way. The constable saying best if you stay. But we are fans of Ipswich say…too long for riches way. It won’t be long before sunshine adorns, that which is Ipswich on Saturday morns. Premier league push, push, what was that bet the g&b shooshed. Won’t be long before we dominate Europe, next in line cuz we’re coming for it!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:26 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 am
I think there’s a miscommunication. I only asked if a Mod could create a poll. Maybe in your old age you’re becoming a tad sensitive, just like you have accused hallam of recently. I have loads of respect for you overcoming what you have, but don’t call me out mate. We’ve all endured the inconsistency of life, and as long as we’re still posting on this forum…we’re alive. Whatever I’m sure my genuine comments will land me in the cauldron of perceived silence or not. One day, a skylark will perch on the sunrise…and you and I will be dead.

There is no miscommunication 9. Absolutely nothing wrong with asking if a mod could help you create a poll if you can’t do it yourself. But to get the arse two hours later because a mod hasn’t yet read it and then suggest it’s because you’re not “part of the clique” is inappropriate.
Whilst you might think at 73 age is a problem I can assure you it’s not and I have no reason to be sensitive. I’m very lucky 9 and my retirement life is as perfect as life gets and has been for the past 20 yrs.
I can only guess you’re not so lucky and carry a huge “chip on your shoulder”, can old wise one here suggest you try shaking it off cos life would become so much more enjoyable.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Fair points, Charny. To be honest, I'm just trying to have a bit of fun, but I probably should have learned a long time ago that my sense of humour doesn't play well on this forum. No harm intended, just a bit of sarcasm. Carry on.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:21 am
number 9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 pm

1. Marko69
2. Ricco
3. Mensaura
I vote for #3

Got no idea who they are but I can't resist a mystery candidate.
More I think about it, Mensaura does sound like a menstruating dinosaur! :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 pm

Well this wasn’t as fun a thread as I expected :lol:

As for the league, Marko wins hands down every season, everyone else has their moments, but are also rans in this comp.

Mauswara a welcome, light-hearted addition to the forum, even if his avatar caused me much confusion, and Mensaura his menstruating dinosaur cousin is only funny 5 days a month.

I’ll only be going down the table very quickly from here, so maybe we should stop the count…

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm

Apologies for diverting this thread Ricco and no harm done being runner up mate, it’s as good as automatic promotion and we’d all take that.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 pm

As for the league, Marko wins hands down every season, everyone else has their moments, but are also rans in this comp.

Mauswara a welcome, light-hearted addition to the forum, even if his avatar caused me much confusion, and Mensaura his menstruating dinosaur cousin is only funny 5 days a month.

I’ll only be going down the table very quickly from here, so maybe we should stop the count…
OK so far then we have one vote for Marko and one for 9's imaginary menstruating dinosaur. Close run thing.

Probably only serves to confuse further but if you're remotely interested the unedited Mauswara avatar is like this:

and the old blog, replete with dead links, from which it came.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:04 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 pm
Ricco wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 pm

OK so far then we have one vote for Marko and one for 9's imaginary menstruating dinosaur. Close run thing.

Probably only serves to confuse further but if you're remotely interested the unedited Mauswara avatar is like this:

and the old blog, replete with dead links, from which it came.
I'd definitely be a reader of Mr Grass Roots. Saying it like it is without offending anyone! :lol: A bit like Andy Capp (although Flo may have a thing or two to say about that!) ...., or Scotlands Paw Broon. Great stuff.

The one who makes me chuckle the most on this forum is someone who will most likely not take kindly to the praise. In fact he may even tell me to go away politely and support the 3rd biggest team in Scotland. Ain't that right Saint aka, Arana Spiderman.

For YEARS we have read his posts........, and the mid-post rants or cursing that come from nowhere are hilarious. Couple that with comparisons made to other things while waffling on......., and the "waffling" label is meant in a good way. Meaning: He could end a post way before he does, but thankfully he continues. We (or I) thank him for that.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 pm

I miss the caption competition!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 pm

Always test the water with that thing in the matchday preview but no one ever joins in! :lol:

Think Covid put the brakes on it......, AylesburyBlue the holder.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 pm
Always test the water with that thing in the matchday preview but no one ever joins in! :lol:

Think Covid put the brakes on it......, AylesburyBlue the holder.
Well that sounds like the door is still open? Have to admit Derek’s captions made me laugh out loud. Yours did too Marko! Even Bluemike had a few great ones. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 pm

Even Bluemike?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 pm
Even Bluemike?
:lol: Well you can be a bit serious, but I love it when you crack jokes!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:39 pm

Just went and had a gander at the trophy......., Bluemikes moniker is on there. ....., along with Blueblood, Ando, Derick twice, and current holder Aylesbury.

We need something funny again......, this Moscow stuff tonight is quite incredible. Very sad indeed. Bringing it up in the humour thread seems off....., the whole planet needs more peace n love and humour. JaysusH....., wall to wall wars at the moment. WOZ APPENIN!! :shock:

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 am

I'm gonna channel Milligan, see if that helps.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 pm
I had done a couple bits of digging in the past, but I'm still not much the wiser! I think the satire (?) is a little too clever for me and the portrayed accent a little too thick. Safe to assume you have strong ties with PNG ?

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am

Ricco wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

I had done a couple bits of digging in the past, but I'm still not much the wiser! I think the satire (?) is a little too clever for me and the portrayed accent a little too thick. Safe to assume you have strong ties with PNG ?
It's just a daft user name and avatar really though it makes sense to me, lol. But yes I spent most of the '80s in PNG whilst in my 20's/30's, a long time ago now but still fresh in my mind, the place was Different, definitely not for everyone but it worked out for me and I have very fond memories. I must have blanked out the bad bits like dodging armed hold-ups and nearly dying of Malaria haha.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am
It's just a daft user name and avatar really though it makes sense to me, lol. But yes I spent most of the '80s in PNG whilst in my 20's/30's, a long time ago now but still fresh in my mind, the place was Different, definitely not for everyone but it worked out for me and I have very fond memories. I must have blanked out the bad bits like dodging armed hold-ups and nearly dying of Malaria haha.
My life seems so dull compared to some! Amazing to think that Town supporters have spread to every far flung corner of this little planet.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:25 am

Cor blimey!...there must have been a technical glitch! I can finally log in! :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:27 am

Great to see you back, 9 and predicting Norwich wins? WTF ??? 🤷‍♂️

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:25 am
Cor blimey!...there must have been a technical glitch! I can finally log in! :wink:
Or a sense of humour failure :shock: