Kieran McKenna Complement

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Kieran McKenna Complement

Post by Charnwood » Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm

Just read this on a Man Utd Social Media site.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer months ago said: “Kieran was a surprise to me when I got to United. He’s the most thorough and analytical, step-by-step, process-driven coach that I’ve worked with.”

Maybe this is why Kieran McKenna is now 1 point away from automatic qualification to the EPL and pulling off back to back promotions with his Ipswich side that were languishing in 12th place in the English 3rd tier.

Top class ❤️👏

USATractorBoy

Re: Kieran McKenna Complement

Post by USATractorBoy » Thu May 02, 2024 1:20 am

McKenna is a top man on and off the pitch. Never thought would like an Ipswich manager as much as I did Royle(I know, I know haha), but Kieran is certainly up there. I expect him to get a lot of interest from bigger Prem teams, but I also don't think he is the type to cut and run; he will want to prove himself even more in the top flight with us.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 02, 2024 6:35 am

IF we can finish the job against Huddersfield and get promoted, we’ll stand a much better chance of keeping Kieran . Here’s hoping and praying for that allusive “P” word on Saturday 🤞

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 02, 2024 7:43 am

Brighton in the news this morning being linked with him l, we're gonna get this all the time now

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am

True, but hopefully if so, it’s a sizeable club like a West Ham or Spurs or Villa. Please, dont let it be a shitty Brighton.

What i genuinely do hope HE DOES NOT DO……., is go to Celtic or The Sevco. That’d be a suicidal career move. My granddaughter would finish title winners or runners up as boss of one of those two.

USATractorBoy

Post by USATractorBoy » Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am
True, but hopefully if so, it’s a sizeable club like a West Ham or Spurs or Villa. Please, dont let it be a shitty Brighton.

What i genuinely do hope HE DOES NOT DO……., is go to Celtic or The Sevco. That’d be a suicidal career move. My granddaughter would finish title winners or runners up as boss of one of those two.
Fair point.

My brother is an enormous Celtic fan and is fed up with Rodgers haha. Even still, don't foresee him leaving there quite yet.

Kieran will want to prove himself in the Prem with us, I firmly believe that.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, is Brighton overall that better of a gig? More talented players overall right now? Sure. But really that is not much of an advantage for him to leave us imo.

Now, if he takes us comfortably to mid-table next season, while taking some decent scalps along the way, and then takes a West Ham say or someone similar, then fair enough.

Overall though, not that concerned.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri May 03, 2024 6:52 am

USATractorBoy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 pm
marko69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am

Fair point.

My brother is an enormous Celtic fan and is fed up with Rodgers haha. Even still, don't foresee him leaving there quite yet.

Kieran will want to prove himself in the Prem with us, I firmly believe that.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, is Brighton overall that better of a gig? More talented players overall right now? Sure. But really that is not much of an advantage for him to leave us imo.

Now, if he takes us comfortably to mid-table next season, while taking some decent scalps along the way, and then takes a West Ham say or someone similar, then fair enough.

Overall though, not that concerned.
Please not Wet Spam either - I am fed up of those pseudo cockney tw@ts taking our best players just cos they had a few quid. Its time for us to topple them so they become fearful of us taking theirs! COYB's!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat May 04, 2024 9:35 am

If we get promoted later today which is surely on the cards I think we could see him rewarded with another extended contract maybe as long as to 2029. If this happens I think he’ll want to show the world what he can do especially if he gets a sensible budget to work with. There’s no doubt he’s loving his experience at ITFC, and he lives every day with the memorabilia around Portman Road with pictures everywhere of Sir Bobby & Sir Alf, and he may just possibly fancy having a crack at replicating what they achieved.
I think a lot will depend on how next season starts (assuming we’re in the EPL) and how realistic it is that we can sit above the relegation zone rather than be in it for a whole season. If he thinks we can avoid coming straight back down again I see no reason why he shouldn’t stay with us and continue the journey he’s started. How satisfying would that be, and how much higher would his managerial status be uplifted. If he does another good job at Portman Road he could skip a move to a Crystal Palace or a Brighton & Hove and go straight from Town to a Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea etc.
I have a feeling that might appeal to him to.

But hey, first things first and there’s a job that needs to be done today. 👍⚽️🙏⚽️🤞