Let’s talk about something else….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Let’s talk about something else….

Post by shabba » Sat May 25, 2024 7:42 am

KM talk is banned from this thread.

So what do people think the new kit will be like?

Who do you want first game? I’d like a lower level team.

I assume tickets (home and away) will very Be hard to get, anyone else feel they should not add more members or at least give priority to existing members? It’ll be very difficult to get tickets even as a member I feel.

hallamblue

Re: Let’s talk about something else….

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 25, 2024 8:24 am

Good idea shabba 👍

I think the kit may well be our last from the Umbro range this season.I’d like a simple design, uncomplicated, and classic. Hope that makes sense. There’s absolutely shed loads of the blackout kit in the shop now btw .

I agree re first game of the season. We need the easiest game we can get, to allow us to try and hit the ground running , and at home. Who? I’d probably go for anyone from these three, Bournemouth, Everton or Forest.

Tickets are going to be a nightmare to get hold I think . Despite the minimum 3k away allocation we will get? Tbh I’m waiting for the Club to announce a scheme for fair allocation. Whoever has got that little job to do at the Club, good luck ! I’d like to go to the bigger stadiums…. I’m viewing it as my PL Tour season in many ways …but I will try t9 cherry pick some of the games. On my list would be. If it was possible

Man City
Arsenal
Spurs
Newcastle

Three of those grounds alive never been to , yet!

COYBS,

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat May 25, 2024 8:55 am

Yes agree a nice classic blue kit would be nice, I wasn’t a fan of the recent one but I saying that I did love how different the Leah one one promotion year shirt was, it was awesome.

I’d also hope for an ‘easier’ team at home like that!!

I’d love to go to spurs and arsenal away but as I’m only a member the chances are slim to none!

I’m also excited about doing the panini sticker album wkth you young son, I’ve not done an album since World Cup 94!

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat May 25, 2024 8:58 am

I guess the blackout is the only one not on sale so hence they have more stock, I imagine the parade was the last hurrah for shirt sales for the club.

I wouldn’t mind that one but I’m the type of person who only wears football shirts at games, although some of the training gear I got in the sale last year and wear at the gym.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 25, 2024 9:49 am

Ha ha can’t say I partake in the footie stamp album thingy. Defo a boy thing. But I recall the very early versions of thst when I was in ( what I still call) “ junior school”. All the boys would swap pictures of players in various English club shirts. I kinda “ adopted” WBA as liked their shirt . God knows why !!! But I was only 9-10 yrs old lol

The blackout shirt has had phenomenal sales . What a classic that’s turned out to be. Again, black isn’t really my colour I think, but it’s timeless in my view and would be value for money. I too, only wear the shirt at games ( and most of the season it covered by copious other layers through the winter months, so have to question why I bother lol), but it’s supporting the club is how I also see it. Thinking about it, there were no other current kits on display yesterday , other than the Copra range ( which is growing) !

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat May 25, 2024 10:02 am

I usually buy a size or two up and wear over the layers :)

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat May 25, 2024 10:25 am

First league game of the season is probably the best time to play Man City away

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat May 25, 2024 11:15 am

rossi wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 10:25 am
Agreed - lets get some points on the board early doors! 😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 25, 2024 11:25 am

rossi wrote:
What you mean single figures instead of double figures scoreline :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 25, 2024 11:26 am

shabba wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 10:02 am
I usually buy a size or two up and wear over the layers :)
I’d need to wear a Town bedsheet with the amount of layers I wear lol :lol: :lol:

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat May 25, 2024 1:49 pm

rossi wrote:
Was just thinking exactly the same. Prior to the last season away opener at Sunderland some pundits were punditing about it being a brutal introduction the the Championship.

So yeah, Man City away opener. Perfick.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat May 25, 2024 10:41 pm

shabba wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 7:42 am
KM talk is banned from this thread.

So what do people think the new kit will be like?

Who do you want first game? I’d like a lower level team.

I assume tickets (home and away) will very Be hard to get, anyone else feel they should not add more members or at least give priority to existing members? It’ll be very difficult to get tickets even as a member I feel.
Yeah all the McKenna talk is getting tiresome now. Just want the damn issue resolved for lack of other words. It held interest up to a certain point but it's just not always enjoyable anymore or retains enthusiasm.

#1 Are they really issuing a new strip. Doesn't seem like yesterday since the last change and not everyone's going to be able to afford these (constant) new arrivals or have the inclination to proceed with another or further team purchase.

#2 Someone winnable, preferably with a home advantage. Don't want no throw in the deep end with a trip to Chelsea or Liverpool. Would hope for something where we can feasibly take three points for a vital first victory.

#3 Can't really answer as not a member and there's people far better suited to respond who know what they're talking about. Would imagine season tickets will be more expensive than before. (They're not going to freeze prices now we're a top level club name once again. Somebody somewhere ALWAYS is out to make profit or gain from others)