Can we do it?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:35 pm

ATB wrote:
mini-tit wrote:
Bluesusie wrote:After yesterday's poor performance I don't think we will. My heart says will will get there but my head disagrees. Sheffield want to win on Friday. If we play like yesterday there is no way we will beat them.
That's exactly my point Susie. People should start looking at our performances instead of where we are in the league.
We just simply aren't good enough to go up and the way they've played all season we don't deserve to go up.
i'm sorry but that makes no sense at all.. we have won 6 of our last 8 games.. losing against the team who will finish 2nd and the team who since they have had a new manager have only lost 2 games in 15...
Sheff Utd have lost 4 out of their last 6 and their only wins were against Wimbledon and Wallsall..
we also want to win on Friday, and the boys will be as hungry as ever... we have still got more points than the other chasing teams... we are in a better position than the other teams.. so why the heck are they more likely to beat us in the league??
Wigan and West Ham have to play each other... Wigan also have Notts Forest...
There are only two teams who have it completely in their own hands in regards to making it into the play offs and we are one of them.. so enough of this rubbish of we're not going to make it etc etc.. it's just depressing if you ask me..
ATB

Yes but look at the teams that we have beaten on this run of 6 wins out of 8.
Apart from Sunderland you hardly could call the others strong opponents. Both the Rotherham and Gillingham games could have been lost by halftime and even against Wimbledon we nearly through it away. Defensively we still have many problems (this is not helped by our weak midfield) and in all honesty if we make the playoffs I cannot see us getting through them.

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:15 pm

Friday 9.30 pm will tell us the truth about our team.If we have beaten Sheff Utd we should be in the playoffs.Then knowing our team we will make it hard some way or another!!

bluegirl87

Post by bluegirl87 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:23 pm

i have had faith all season and still do

we can do it

come on town show us wot you are made of

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:01 pm

ATB wrote:
mini-tit wrote:
Bluesusie wrote:After yesterday's poor performance I don't think we will. My heart says will will get there but my head disagrees. Sheffield want to win on Friday. If we play like yesterday there is no way we will beat them.
That's exactly my point Susie. People should start looking at our performances instead of where we are in the league.
We just simply aren't good enough to go up and the way they've played all season we don't deserve to go up.
i'm sorry but that makes no sense at all.. we have won 6 of our last 8 games.. losing against the team who will finish 2nd and the team who since they have had a new manager have only lost 2 games in 15...
Sheff Utd have lost 4 out of their last 6 and their only wins were against Wimbledon and Wallsall..
we also want to win on Friday, and the boys will be as hungry as ever... we have still got more points than the other chasing teams... we are in a better position than the other teams.. so why the heck are they more likely to beat us in the league??
Wigan and West Ham have to play each other... Wigan also have Notts Forest...
There are only two teams who have it completely in their own hands in regards to making it into the play offs and we are one of them.. so enough of this rubbish of we're not going to make it etc etc.. it's just depressing if you ask me..
Spot On!!! well said, i would rather be in our position than Wigans!!
We Can Do It And We Will Do It.

runningout

Post by runningout » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:08 pm

With our defence it is going to be tough
but with our strikers we might have a good chance....

Its a lottery......