Most Ridiculous Manager..

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ATB

Most Ridiculous Manager..

Post by ATB » Sat May 08, 2004 2:33 am

I've been reading some of the things that managers have said over the years, and i was just wondering who you all thought has said and done the stupidest things over the recent years...

here's some quotes that will help your decision

Kevin Keegan: "I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon" what the f*#k was he on about???

Ron Atkinson: "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" i actually quite like that one

Terry Venables: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again" very profound

Bobby Robson: "We didn't underestimate them, they were just a lot better than what we thought" we love you bobby but you have said some daft things!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sat May 08, 2004 8:25 am

Gotta be Kevin Keegan, i'd love it if we beat them :lol:

You missed Turnip Taylor off your list though!

Westie

Post by Westie » Sat May 08, 2004 10:07 am

Keegan chats bob all the time

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sat May 08, 2004 1:05 pm

Got to be KK as a manager

As a football pundit then its Big Ron (he hasnt a clue about the game), but somehow I dont think he'll be on many more shows... :wink:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat May 08, 2004 1:16 pm

Well I vote for KK
but I got to think the Quote by Sir Bob had me in stitches

LOL

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat May 08, 2004 1:30 pm

I dont know but venables is by far the worst the money grabbing tw*t.

toby

Post by toby » Sat May 08, 2004 3:31 pm

I've gone for Sir Bobby as all throughout his career he's come out with loads of crackers!

Look in the "Guffbank" on this website http://www.dangerhere.com/ for some great examples!

Mork

Re: Most Ridiculous Manager..

Post by Mork » Sat May 08, 2004 9:28 pm

ATB wrote:I've been reading some of the things that managers have said over the years, and i was just wondering who you all thought has said and done the stupidest things over the recent years...

here's some quotes that will help your decision

Kevin Keegan: "I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon" what the f*#k was he on about???

Ron Atkinson: "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" i actually quite like that one

Terry Venables: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again" very profound

Bobby Robson: "We didn't underestimate them, they were just a lot better than what we thought" we love you bobby but you have said some daft things!
It has to be Keegan. He matches his genius only with equal amounts of pure incompetence and idiocy.